Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-03-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-03-2014 09:33 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 09:26 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Dear Americans,

Today is NOT the 3/22, is the 22/3! Angry

Let me explain this is to your tiny brains. 1-2-3, day-month-year, small-smaller-smallest. Get it fucking right Angry

I support this message.

To the both of you idiots (and Mathew as well), that would not be small-smaller-smallest. Months are not smaller than days, and years are not smaller than months. The way you formatted your date would be small, larger, largest.

Your American Friend,
Daniel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
22-03-2014, 01:50 PM
So....this place is really big on culture wars, I take it?

Anyway: Every time I respond to something on my ex's facebook wall, all his readers come out of the woodwork and bitch like whiney teenagers about how "wrong" I am. They never say anything logical, or anything that makes ANY SENSE. They just try desperately to convince themselves they are right.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do to fix this. Venting.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
22-03-2014, 03:52 PM
(22-03-2014 10:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 09:26 AM)Magoo Wrote:  Dear Americans,

Today is NOT the 3/22, is the 22/3! Angry

Let me explain this is to your tiny brains. 1-2-3, day-month-year, small-smaller-smallest. Get it fucking right Angry

Stop trying to force that metric system on us. Dodgy

Meh.

The only logical representation is the one that sorts correctly: year/month/day. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
22-03-2014, 03:55 PM
(22-03-2014 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 10:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Stop trying to force that metric system on us. Dodgy

Meh.

The only logical representation is the one that sorts correctly: year/month/day. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, or Julian day. In hex Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-03-2014, 04:17 PM
(22-03-2014 03:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 10:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Stop trying to force that metric system on us. Dodgy

Meh.

Logic has no place in this world good sir! Tongue Though that system does make a whole lot of sense. I can't say much because I've done a whole lot of essays in my recent college career and all my professors wanted day/month/year so day/month/year is engrained into me.

[Image: notagain.gif]
22-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Dear Americans and Dark_Light,

Today is NOT the 3/22, it is the 22/3! Angry

Let me explain this is to your tiny brains. 1-2-3, day-month-year, large, larger, largest. Get it fucking right Angry

Your correctwayofsayingthedate friend,
Magoo.
22-03-2014, 08:03 PM
(22-03-2014 05:07 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Dear Americans and Dark_Light,

Today is NOT the 3/22, it is the 22/3! Angry

Let me explain this is to your tiny brains. 1-2-3, day-month-year, large, larger, largest. Get it fucking right Angry

Magoo.

This American typically uses the standard American military format - 22MAR2014

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
22-03-2014, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 11:55 PM by Lienda Bella.)
I screamed really loud earlier. I had no idea that my sibling could say such horrible things. I had a hard time eating dinner. It took me a couple of hours to get through it. I can't sleep right now either. Doesn't it sound a little like bull shit that I can cry tears to the bottom of my face, scream at the top of my lungs in the bathroom, and it's cool? But then when I literally feel a tiny, almost insignificant amount of frustration or annoyance or haste, I get called a big fat abuser and get my face chewed out? You'd think I stomped a puppy, certain people close to me get so outstandingly hot or super hurt about some little sound in my voice. I don't mean one person either. 'sigh'
22-03-2014, 11:49 PM
(22-03-2014 08:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 05:07 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Dear Americans and Dark_Light,

Today is NOT the 3/22, it is the 22/3! :@

Let me explain this is to your tiny brains. 1-2-3, day-month-year, large, larger, largest. Get it fucking right :@

Magoo.

This American typically uses the standard American military format - 22MAR2014

Fuck You all. I'm going to use decimal years, decimal months, decimal days, decimal time. It'll have to be implemented when we colonize other planets.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
23-03-2014, 01:21 AM
(22-03-2014 11:49 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  colonize

Shocking We have found the enema and the arse.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post