Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-03-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-03-2014 06:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  First thing this morning the boss calls me in to her office...you are doing this wrong and you did this wrong and this isn't right and blah blah blah. So I asked if I could look at what she was looking at to see exactly what she was talking about. So all this wrong shit was done in January...I didn't start there till February 18th.

This afternoon, the second in command calls me into his office...you did this wrong and that wrong and this isn't right and blah blah blah. So...here we go again...can I look at what you are talking about...hmmm....that was done in January.

Did they apologize after the error was pointed out? This is pure bullshit. Also stupid. It doesn't cost anything to treat people nicely, they work harder, you get more profit, everyone wins... I don't get why this seems so difficult for some people.

No, no apology. It is a very uncomfortable environment with a lot of shouting and never a positive word. UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2014, 08:07 PM
(25-03-2014 06:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-03-2014 06:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  Did they apologize after the error was pointed out? This is pure bullshit. Also stupid. It doesn't cost anything to treat people nicely, they work harder, you get more profit, everyone wins... I don't get why this seems so difficult for some people.

No, no apology. It is a very uncomfortable environment with a lot of shouting and never a positive word. UGH!

This all really sucks Anj Angry all I have to give you is this Hug deep breaths.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
26-03-2014, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 03:58 AM by Free Thought.)
Today was a good day.
Not it's only been mediocre and I'm angry at it.

Also, I could swear that the ringing in my ears is slowly getting louder and it is becoming harder and harder to block it out, requiring progressively louder music in my ears.
But of course nobody will even think to even acknowledge the problem, let alone do anything to address it, despite the fact that I have made it abundantly clear that because of it, the only way I can get to sleep is if there is loud music or a fan or something next to my head. Without said instruments used to block it our, I'd only ever get to sleep if and when I fell unconscious.
Plus it is really, really, really fucking annoying since it never fucking stops. The only time it might seem to stop is when there is enough noise to drown it out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-03-2014, 04:36 AM
(26-03-2014 03:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Also, I could swear that the ringing in my ears is slowly getting louder and it is becoming harder and harder to block it out, requiring progressively louder music in my ears.
But of course nobody will even think to even acknowledge the problem, let alone do anything to address it, despite the fact that I have made it abundantly clear that because of it, the only way I can get to sleep is if there is loud music or a fan or something next to my head. Without said instruments used to block it our, I'd only ever get to sleep if and when I fell unconscious.
Plus it is really, really, really fucking annoying since it never fucking stops. The only time it might seem to stop is when there is enough noise to drown it out.

Tinnitus? One major cause is noise induced hearing loss. So I dunno if loud music is the answer. Suggest read article, then consult doc Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-03-2014, 04:50 AM
(26-03-2014 04:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 03:10 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Also, I could swear that the ringing in my ears is slowly getting louder and it is becoming harder and harder to block it out, requiring progressively louder music in my ears.

Tinnitus? One major cause is noise induced hearing loss. So I dunno if loud music is the answer. Suggest read article, then consult doc Wink

It's a horrible irony, Morondog.
I need music (or noise in general) to drown out the screeching in my ears, which is probably caused by the music used to cover it up!

I don't even remember when it started, feels like it's been going on for years, just within the last couple it's become much more noticeable.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
26-03-2014, 04:57 AM
(26-03-2014 04:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's a horrible irony, Morondog.
I need music (or noise in general) to drown out the screeching in my ears, which is probably caused by the music used to cover it up!

I don't even remember when it started, feels like it's been going on for years, just within the last couple it's become much more noticeable.

Go. See. Someone. You daft bugger. You wanna go deaf? Playing louder and louder music is just a feedback loop. It's rough 'cos according to the article there's no specific treatment. But getting a diagnosis will help. Medical aid may pay for a hearing aid for example. I had a friend who had this exact problem and she really struggled, but the hearing aid that she got helped a lot.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-03-2014, 04:59 AM
(26-03-2014 04:50 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 04:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  Tinnitus? One major cause is noise induced hearing loss. So I dunno if loud music is the answer. Suggest read article, then consult doc Wink

It's a horrible irony, Morondog.

The fuck dude, that's the last thing you should do if you have tinnitus.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
26-03-2014, 05:12 AM
(26-03-2014 04:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Go. See. Someone. You daft bugger. You wanna go deaf? Playing louder and louder music is just a feedback loop. It's rough 'cos according to the article there's no specific treatment. But getting a diagnosis will help. Medical aid may pay for a hearing aid for example. I had a friend who had this exact problem and she really struggled, but the hearing aid that she got helped a lot.

For the record, I would have already seen an audiologist about it, but I've no idea how to go about that any my GP is completely uninterested.

(26-03-2014 04:59 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

The fuck dude, that's the last thing you should do if you have tinnitus.

If you have a better suggestion to block out the nigh-unending screech so as to preserve what little of my sanity is left, be my guest.

26-03-2014, 05:44 AM
(26-03-2014 05:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  For the record, I would have already seen an audiologist about it, but I've no idea how to go about that any my GP is completely uninterested.

My advice: google an audiologist, ring them up, make an appointment and go. Might cost some money but if it's affecting your life so bad, gotta spend some.

26-03-2014, 05:48 AM
(26-03-2014 05:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 05:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  For the record, I would have already seen an audiologist about it, but I've no idea how to go about that any my GP is completely uninterested.

My advice: google an audiologist, ring them up, make an appointment and go. Might cost some money but if it's affecting your life so bad, gotta spend some.

As true as that is that I really should see a doc, and as much as I want to, I get the feeling the $20 in my wallet isn't going to get me far up that avenue. Plus getting anywhere is a pain too; if I can't walk it I'm pretty much screwed since I can't drive.