Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-03-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-03-2014 07:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 07:14 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I know. Drinking Beverage

I said on a Russian KEYBOARD, not IN Russian.

Yeah. And you went for visual correspondence instead of phonetic correspondence...

I'm aware of this. I don't actually understand Russian phonetics.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2014, 07:58 PM
(26-03-2014 07:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 07:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yeah. And you went for visual correspondence instead of phonetic correspondence...

I'm aware of this. I don't actually understand Russian phonetics.

I see.

It says,
tyau!ib to toureh yeib1!5n oi a yam55!ai kyeouvoayad !5 gmee

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
26-03-2014, 11:51 PM
(26-03-2014 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  She decided to fight my right to unemployment and after several calls with an agent I finally got the decision today....I was officially let go for no reason having to do with my work. This is good news, not because I am not working, but because the job I am on is a contract assignment, it could end at any time and then I would need unemployment as a safety net.

Seems a bit unnecessarily bitchy? WTAF? And how come she can affect whether or not you get unemployment money in the first place? Does she have to pay it?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-03-2014, 02:51 AM
(26-03-2014 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 03:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'd go to my GP to see if I might be able to get a referral to an audiologist, but I'd end up feeling really awkward with having to ask; I hate going to doctors, feel like a nuisance with trival problems any time I go. Plus I can't tell the way the conversation would go and can't try to plan ahead for it which is why I am hesitant to do it.

Dude, you've got more issues than your tinnitus. You're a smart guy, I don't remember you being so shy or reluctant to talk to people. Most people don't try to visualize conversations ahead of time, are you worried you'll say something you'll later regret?

I've pretty much always been like this. It just doesn't tend to show here because the face-to-face and vocal aspects don't exist, which makes communication like this somewhat easier. Though I have been tempted to start a ton of threads for help with things like school or personal research which I've never made mostly because I'd feel off about asking.

(26-03-2014 03:33 PM)morondog Wrote:  Doctors know people get sick, that's why people go see them. He's getting paid to do a job, so let him do his job and fix your issue.

Also, get the damn medicare card Angry And tell your parents to help you out.

I realise all that, but it doesn't really belay the feelings.

As for the Medicare card; I want one but I need money first to buy a copy of my birth certificate first.

On slightly brighter news, I spoke with my father who said it wouldn't be a problem/it would be worth it to schedule an appointment with my usual doc to try for a referral to an audiologist.

But it'll have to wait a for a while. Dodgy Not like I have many options; frankly I am fine with waiting so long as something gets done.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-03-2014, 05:26 AM
(26-03-2014 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, my old boss fired me in January for no particular reason. I had never had a warning or disciplinary action, nor had I even received a verbal warning. Her partner/husband even said that he would give me a reference which never came to pass. I couldn't ever get an answer as to what the deal was/is. I applied for unemployment but was working again in three weeks (though this job sucks). Oh, and she didn't pay me my vacation either.

She decided to fight my right to unemployment and after several calls with an agent I finally got the decision today....I was officially let go for no reason having to do with my work. This is good news, not because I am not working, but because the job I am on is a contract assignment, it could end at any time and then I would need unemployment as a safety net.

Now that I have that decision in writing, I can go after my vacation pay. Thumbsup

Good news Anj, but do you think it had anything to do with atheism ? Or maybe she was jealous of you around her husband ?

This kind of shit would drive me crazy, I've been let go a few times, but it was apparent and I knew why. Stupid shit like just taking off for a week to go to Bike week or threatening the boss with an asskicking. Blush

BTW, its normal for most employers to fight unemployment benifits, as they have to pay a % of it. At least thats the way it is in Fla.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
27-03-2014, 05:28 AM
(27-03-2014 05:26 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 04:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So, my old boss fired me in January for no particular reason. I had never had a warning or disciplinary action, nor had I even received a verbal warning. Her partner/husband even said that he would give me a reference which never came to pass. I couldn't ever get an answer as to what the deal was/is. I applied for unemployment but was working again in three weeks (though this job sucks). Oh, and she didn't pay me my vacation either.

She decided to fight my right to unemployment and after several calls with an agent I finally got the decision today....I was officially let go for no reason having to do with my work. This is good news, not because I am not working, but because the job I am on is a contract assignment, it could end at any time and then I would need unemployment as a safety net.

Now that I have that decision in writing, I can go after my vacation pay. Thumbsup

Good news Anj, but do you think it had anything to do with atheism ? Or maybe she was jealous of you around her husband ?

This kind of shit would drive me crazy, I've been let go a few times, but it was apparent and I knew why. Stupid shit like just taking off for a week to go to Bike week or threatening the boss with an asskicking. Blush

BTW, its normal for most employers to fight unemployment benifits, as they have to pay a % of it. At least thats the way it is in Fla.

Why does American constantly do things the retarded way?

[Image: oscar.png]
27-03-2014, 04:45 PM
IM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!! Arrgh!!!!!!!!!!!?! WeepingCensoredHuhDrooling
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-03-2014, 04:47 PM
(27-03-2014 04:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  IM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!! Arrgh!!!!!!!!!!!?! WeepingCensoredHuhDrooling

You're eating for two hobbits now! Hug

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
27-03-2014, 04:53 PM
(27-03-2014 04:47 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 04:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  IM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!! Arrgh!!!!!!!!!!!?! WeepingCensoredHuhDrooling

You're eating for two hobbits now! Hug

I know! And apparently Little hobbit wants food all the tiiiime! Big hobbit needs a break. Lol.
27-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Congrats on the baby Hobbit.

How will you be serving him/her up? Roast? Spit? Hāngi?

Also, I am extremely well informed on breast feeding (thanks to my sister having her baby last September) if you ever need advice.
pro tip: L shape pillow and nipple cream.
Very important to cream your nipples.

[Image: oscar.png]