Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-03-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-03-2014 06:30 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 02:27 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Isn't there a referendum on that soon in the UK? There is one in Ireland next year.

I can't for the life of me imagine Ireland legalizing homo marriage.

I expect it to pass. I don't hear much anti-gay talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Now that I think of it, I don't hear any anti-gay talk. Maybe I have my head stuck in the ground, but I do listen to the radio when my dad puts it on, and I read the front pages of the newspaper too.
28-03-2014, 07:19 PM
You wont hear any anti-gay talk here too. Doesn't mean it's not there.
Ireland is a lot like here, it's a working stiff "mans-man" sort of country.
Not to mention it has a strong Catholic history.

Maybe it will pass. You guys probably have the same attitude towards that we do, the "I really don't give a fuck about a bunch of flower boys so whatever" attitude.

Time shall reveal all.

I'm over gay rights anyway. This Scottish independence thing is where it's at.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-03-2014, 07:42 PM
(28-03-2014 07:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You wont hear any anti-gay talk here too. Doesn't mean it's not there.

Maybe it will pass. You guys probably have the same attitude towards that we do, the "I really don't give a fuck about a bunch of flower boys so whatever" attitude.

Time shall reveal all.

I'm over gay rights anyway. This Scottish independence thing is where it's at.

[Image: tumblr_mrfbych1dF1sok1hbo1_500.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
28-03-2014, 07:53 PM
(28-03-2014 07:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You wont hear any anti-gay talk here too. Doesn't mean it's not there.
Yeah I suppose so. It has only been 20 years since homosexuality was decriminalised. Hopefully most of the people who voted against that are dead and buried by now. Ireland has come a long way in the last 50 years or so, it is only a matter of time really.
earmuffs Wrote:I'm over gay rights anyway. This Scottish independence thing is where it's at.

I hope the Scottish declare independence, mainly because I'm Irish and like seeing the UK crumble lol. I have nothing at all against the UK, I would just be interested to see what happens to Northern Ireland if both Scotland and Wales broke away. Not even in my lifetime id say.
28-03-2014, 07:57 PM
I just looked it up, and from a poll so far 75% of Irish people are in favor of same-sex marriage.
28-03-2014, 08:08 PM
Guess I was rather incorrect.

And yea I'm keen to see Scotland become independent for the purpose of seeing England suffer. Tongue I got nothing against England either, I'll probably end up living there next year, it's just interesting because of Scotland and England's history.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-03-2014, 08:18 PM
(28-03-2014 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guess I was rather incorrect.

And yea I'm keen to see Scotland become independent for the purpose of seeing England suffer. Tongue I got nothing against England either, I'll probably end up living there next year, it's just interesting because of Scotland and England's history.

Anyone who hasn't been to Ireland seems to assume we are all devout catholic, non-stop potato eating Paddy's on a farm.

If the English had actually been nice to the Irish way back when it started hundreds of years ago, we might actually have joined the UK. But of course they had to be dicks about it. There was the Act of Union in 1800 that did just that, but we were still treated like crap. The funny thing is, nobody ever complains about Scotland or Wales, it is always the English Tongue
28-03-2014, 09:00 PM
(28-03-2014 08:18 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 08:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guess I was rather incorrect.

Anyone who hasn't been to Ireland seems to assume we are all devout catholic, non-stop potato eating Paddy's on a farm.

If the English had actually been nice to the Irish way back when it started hundreds of years ago, we might actually have joined the UK. But of course they had to be dicks about it. There was the Act of Union in 1800 that did just that, but we were still treated like crap. The funny thing is, nobody ever complains about Scotland or Wales, it is always the English Tongue

Which is so full of wrong I don't even know where to start...

But, uh, if you want to base geopolitics on feels, that's your prerogative.
Wink

... this is my signature!
29-03-2014, 04:59 AM
(28-03-2014 09:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-03-2014 08:18 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Anyone who hasn't been to Ireland seems to assume we are all devout catholic, non-stop potato eating Paddy's on a farm.

Which is so full of wrong I don't even know where to start...

But, uh, if you want to base geopolitics on feels, that's your prerogative.
Wink

Well I'm speculating Tongue