Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-03-2014, 09:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Went to Jurassic Quest yesterday with Near and the family.

I was very excited about the dinosaur exhibit. It was okay I guess. Seemed a bit outdated, paint was worn and rubbed off. Also some of the skins were in dire need of repair. Still it could have been enjoyable....if that had been the point of Jurassic quest.

There were only about 20 Dinos, 8-9 maybe were animatronic/ The rest of this "educational experience".....

Bouncing castles, dino rides, pictures inside of of giant unrealistic dinos, and merchandise, lots and lots of merchandise.

I understand that this event was designed for a young audience. But seriously, I would have expected a LOT more for not so cheap ticket. I would have been every upset if I had taken my kid there to learn something and that's what I got I would have been furious. Maybe I just expect too much.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 10:07 AM
(30-03-2014 09:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Went to Jurassic Quest yesterday with Near and the family.

I was very excited about the dinosaur exhibit. It was okay I guess. Seemed a bit outdated, paint was worn and rubbed off. Also some of the skins were in dire need of repair. Still it could have been enjoyable....if that had been the point of Jurassic quest.

There were only about 20 Dinos, 8-9 maybe were animatronic/ The rest of this "educational experience".....

Bouncing castles, dino rides, pictures inside of of giant unrealistic dinos, and merchandise, lots and lots of merchandise.

I understand that this event was designed for a young audience. But seriously, I would have expected a LOT more for not so cheap ticket. I would have been every upset if I had taken my kid there to learn something and that's what I got I would have been furious. Maybe I just expect too much.

Start saving now and one day you can take the Hobbitlet to The Creation Museum. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-03-2014, 10:13 AM
(30-03-2014 10:07 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-03-2014 09:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Went to Jurassic Quest yesterday with Near and the family.

Start saving now and one day you can take the Hobbitlet to The Creation Museum. Tongue

HAHAHAHAHAHaha haha ha *cough* ha. Funny love.
30-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Sitting with really religious old people that I don't really know all day has me feeling pretty uncomfortable. I'm with my friend at her grandparents house, and I think I've ranted before about how rude her grandmother is. She nags and complains about everything. We're not even really allowed to have our phones out in front of her. She's completely oblivious and ignorant about a handful of topics (the majority that have come up in conversations today), and, while I'm not being rude at all, I just can't help but want to slam my face against a brick wall whilst she criticizes every little detail of modern society.
30-03-2014, 12:32 PM
So I just wrote a difficult letter. I got this Christian mate from Zim and he's visiting SA and I want to get the family a gift. I saw a really great book about history of the world but it's not from a Christian perspective so I wrote to ask if it'd be OK Sad He posts Ray Comfort links on his facebook page. I doubt it'll be OK Sad Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-03-2014, 12:34 PM
(30-03-2014 12:27 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Sitting with really religious old people that I don't really know all day has me feeling pretty uncomfortable. I'm with my friend at her grandparents house, and I think I've ranted before about how rude her grandmother is. She nags and complains about everything. We're not even really allowed to have our phones out in front of her. She's completely oblivious and ignorant about a handful of topics (the majority that have come up in conversations today), and, while I'm not being rude at all, I just can't help but want to slam my face against a brick wall whilst she criticizes every little detail of modern society.

Smile and nod and let it go. You aren't going to change her and she has reached the age where she doesn't give a damn what people think and she also thinks she has earned the right to dictate the behavior of others.

I can't wait till I am that age. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-03-2014, 12:45 PM
(30-03-2014 12:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  So I just wrote a difficult letter. I got this Christian mate from Zim and he's visiting SA and I want to get the family a gift. I saw a really great book about history of the world but it's not from a Christian perspective so I wrote to ask if it'd be OK Sad He posts Ray Comfort links on his facebook page. I doubt it'll be OK Sad Sad

He said OK Smile Woohoo! So delighted to be proved wrong.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-03-2014, 02:20 PM
So just now someone knocked at my door. I look through the peep hole and its two super scary looking old men in suits and bowler hats/kinda cowboy hats.

I was not about to open the door. They stood there for a second then shoved something in my door and left. I opened the door.....its a bloody invitation to a jehovy massive easter service at the fairgrounds.

Since when do they have to looks so bloody scary! Haha.
30-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Freaking tourists. Speed limit 55mph, rental Mustang convertible $199/day, actual velocity 30mph...icing on cake - using both hands to hold phone camera above their heads to photograph the scenery.

Pull the fuck over and take a proper pic without placing everyone else's life in danger you self-centered, unthinking, mental midget! Goddamn I can't wait for the rest of the country to warm up so all these people can go the fuck home!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-03-2014, 03:12 PM
(30-03-2014 03:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Freaking tourists. Speed limit 55mph, rental Mustang convertible $199/day, actual velocity 30mph...icing on cake - using both hands to hold phone camera above their heads to photograph the scenery.

Pull the fuck over and take a proper pic without placing everyone else's life in danger you self-centered, unthinking, mental midget! Goddamn I can't wait for the rest of the country to warm up so all these people can go the fuck home!

My mother's family is/was from the Outer Banks of NC...like the Keys...one way in and one way out. Back in the day, part of that way was by ferry.

My great aunt was tooling up or down 12, speeding as usual. This was many, many years ago. She got stopped and when the officer asked if she hadn't seen the speed limit sign she replied in a sweet drawl that she thought it was only for tourists. He let her go.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post