Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-04-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-04-2014 11:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A comment by a christian friend on facebook about the movie Noah.....

"I really liked it. It is different than the classic idea I had in my head but it seemed totally plausible to me. I always pictured Noah building his ark outside his village with people laughing at him and refusing to help...not quite that way in this depiction. Can you say "What village?" The concept of where he gets his building materials was interesting also."
11 hrs · Like

"Totally plausible".......fuck me.

You have some really stupid friends on facebook.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2014, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 12:18 PM by Hobbitgirl.)
(06-04-2014 11:54 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 11:47 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  A comment by a christian friend on facebook about the movie Noah.....

"I really liked it. It is different than the classic idea I had in my head but it seemed totally plausible to me. I always pictured Noah building his ark outside his village with people laughing at him and refusing to help...not quite that way in this depiction. Can you say "What village?" The concept of where he gets his building materials was interesting also."
11 hrs · Like

"Totally plausible".......fuck me.

You have some really stupid friends on facebook.

Yes...yes I do.

Proving WHY forums like this are important. *sigh*
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2014, 12:10 PM
89 degrees out at 2:00pm...... man, its gonna be a hot ass sumer down here. Sadcryface

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
06-04-2014, 01:20 PM
I was really enjoying our new Apple TV until I realised I'm not quite sure how to get from Apple back to Xbox... O.o No Skyrim for me. *lol*
06-04-2014, 01:25 PM
What a fucking day!

I should just give the fuck up and start drinking.

My hypochondriac husband has been running through his usual lists of ailments lately, going all the way back to his original faulty kidneys, one that I first heard over twenty years ago...which has never proven to be true.

I won't even try to list all the things he has claimed to be suffering from over the years but I think the only thing he's missed is pregnancy.

Last night the complaints start again...my finger feels cold and numb. Okay, that happens to me a lot...maybe you have a pinched nerve or something. You did a bunch of yard work...maybe your back is irritated...ya know from that oh so necessary back surgery by that quack a year ago.

This morning he calls from work, he is off to the ER, his finger is numb again (on his right hand) and his coworker thinks it's a blood clot. So off he goes to the least reputable ER around and they do a bunch of tests and then send him off to their main hospital for more tests and apparently to spend a day or two.

I took my time getting to the ER and watched the ultrasound on his veins being done as well as the ones on the 'good' side for comparison. Guess what, no blockage showed up.

But it's possible there is a small clot or an arterial tear and he really needs to have more tests run...funny that even the staff notices the finger seems fine and several, including the EMTs, ask if he has ever had back surgery...hmmm...I see a trend here, they all seem to think the same thing except for the doctor, although he says all the tests in the ER appear to be fine.

I spend the last few hours running in circles. To the ER, home to pack a bag, back to the ER to give him the bag and watch him get put in the ambulance. Back home again then back to the ER so I can pick up his truck. I have been up since 4 am. I am tired and pissed off because I know that just like every other exam, scope, test...this shit is going to turn out to be bullshit. And we will be stuck with big bills and I will spend the next couple days running in circles for no apparent reason.

Twenty plus years of this shit is enough...goddammit, I am sick of his pathetic whining. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

He needs a psychiatrist not another scan or scope.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-04-2014, 01:29 PM
(06-04-2014 01:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What a fucking day!

My hypochondriac husband has been running through his usual lists of ailments lately, going all the way back to his original faulty kidneys, one that I first heard over twenty years ago...which has never proven to be true.

I won't even try to list all the things he has claimed to be suffering from over the years but I think the only thing he's missed is pregnancy.

Last night the complaints start again...my finger feels cold and numb. Okay, that happens to me a lot...maybe you have a pinched nerve or something. You did a bunch of yard work...maybe your back is irritated...ya know from that oh so necessary back surgery by that quack a year ago.

This morning he calls from work, he is off to the ER, his finger is numb again (on his right hand) and his coworker thinks it's a blood clot. So off he goes to the least reputable ER around and they do a bunch of tests and then send him off to their main hospital for more tests and apparently to spend a day or two.

I took my time getting to the ER and watched the ultrasound on his veins being done as well as the ones on the 'good' side for comparison. Guess what, no blockage showed up.

But it's possible there is a small clot or an arterial tear and he really needs to have more tests run...funny that even the staff notices the finger seems fine and several, including the EMTs, ask if he has ever had back surgery...hmmm...I see a trend here, they all seem to think the same thing except for the doctor, although he says all the tests in the ER appear to be fine.

I spend the last few hours running in circles. To the ER, home to pack a bag, back to the ER to give him the bag and watch him get put in the ambulance. Back home again then back to the ER so I can pick up his truck. I have been up since 4 am. I am tired and pissed off because I know that just like every other exam, scope, test...this shit is going to turn out to be bullshit. And we will be stuck with big bills and I will spend the next couple days running in circles for no apparent reason.

Twenty plus years of this shit is enough...goddammit, I am sick of his pathetic whining. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That is brutal. Last night my ring finger toe (one beside the baby- I dunno what that's called?) went completely numb then buzzy all night. I was annoyed at my pinch nerve... never occurred to me it could be a blog clot, and that's how my best friend died.

I feel for you, sounds super frustrating.
06-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Believe me, I feel for ya Anj. Sad Hug

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
06-04-2014, 01:32 PM
(06-04-2014 01:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  What a fucking day!

I feel for you Anjele Hug

Though I have to say I feel for him too, because I'm the same way.

I have had more diseases than you can count. *lol* I really have to sit down and remind myself to stay calm when I get in one of those "moods" and remind myself its most likely me freaking out.

When you really honestly think something is wrong it's very hard to fight it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
06-04-2014, 01:33 PM
I'd still rather hypochondriac than the other way. My Dad's bloody reckless, and he had an embolism last year Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-04-2014, 01:43 PM
I understand being cautious but this is never-ending.

He has even claimed cancer on more than one occasion, as someone who has had cancer....that really chaps my ass. It's not a joke.

Thing is, everything is probably fine but he will take the worst case scenario and tell everyone that will listen. Then I end up walking into his lies and exaggerations when I least expect it.

He just called to let me know the radiologist thinks his status is quite dire. This is the same outfit that wasn't able to see a bone broken completely through on my foot. I'll wait till I hear from a doctor or a coroner before I worry.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post