Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-04-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-04-2014 10:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Lovely.

So I had a doctors appointment recently and he put me on a weight lifting restriction because he felt (oddly enough) that it was inappropriate and terribly unsafe for a pregnant woman to carry and lift around an often physically aggressive 150 pound man.

So I bring this note to work thinking "Hey, this shouldn't be a problem. The only heavy lifting I do is this one person, so theres no reason there should be a problem. Another staff can just take on that load." But apparently I've suddenly become a huge burden and they are talking about moving me to another home...where I know absolutely nothing about the people, in the middle of being pregnant.

Ive been in the same place for 2 and a half years. I'm the only one who has been with these particular gentleman for more than 3 months. Ive been through hell and back for this bloody company and this is how I'm repaid. FML
i'm sorry Hug

(11-04-2014 11:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  150lbs does seem a bit much, but most doctors usually say it's ok to continue which whatever lifting you're body is used to on a regular basis until you are pretty far along, I thought.

Totally unreasonable about your job though, especially since your co-workers seem pretty deptendant on you at that location. Sorry, dear Hug

that's for humans.
She's hobbit

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2014, 12:01 AM
(11-04-2014 11:09 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 10:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, I'm at my mother's house for the next few days, it's good here, generally it's nice and quite, and the internet is practically unlimited, and there's food.

There are a few problems; outside there is an ultra bright street lamp that illuminates my room at night making it difficult to sleep which is already not an easy task. It's also fairly cold in my room.

In addition, there is at least one stray cat in the area whose meows sound absolutely horrifying; it sounds like the creature is in constant and considerable agony. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before at it doesn't appear injured though. It's bloody annoying at thew very least and quite worrying considering what it sounds like and that we have two cats here in our house.

i have solutions:
1.put extra layer of curtains to block light
2.use extra blanket(s)
3.kill kitty

Can't; my room as blinds and nowhere for curtains to be places and we can't modify the building 'cause we don't own it.
I don't have extra blankets
And I'm not going to kill the kitty..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-04-2014, 01:18 AM
(12-04-2014 12:01 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 11:09 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  i have solutions:
1.put extra layer of curtains to block light
2.use extra blanket(s)
3.kill kitty

Can't; my room as blinds and nowhere for curtains to be places and we can't modify the building 'cause we don't own it.
I don't have extra blankets
And I'm not going to kill the kitty..

Solution1
Solution2
Solution3 or Alternate Solution3 or Alternate Solution 3 v2

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
12-04-2014, 03:15 AM
(12-04-2014 01:18 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Solution1
Solution2
Solution3 or Alternate Solution3 or Alternate Solution 3 v2

LOL, great alternatives DL, but may I suggest FT wrap himself up in the Dora blanky while using the machete on the kitty.

That way if he gets caught, they'd think he's just a little off. Laugh out load

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
12-04-2014, 03:54 AM
So the company I work for has decided we admin people have to much time on our hands so deadlines have been cut in half. The rest of the staff seem incapable of doing their work properly. I tried being nice but they just ignore my requests so I have to go full autocrat to get anything done on time, and now I'm the bad guy.

Like work wasn't stressful enough. Censored

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2014, 05:53 AM
(11-04-2014 08:04 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  i JUST HAD MY EYES DIALATED AND i CAN'T READ THE FORUM.. i HAD TO BLOW UP MY SCREEN SIZE TO MANY TIMES ITS NORMAL SIZE TO FIND THIS SECTION AND i HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TYPOS i HAVE MADE IN THIS RANT. aLL OF MY ENTERTAINMENT REQUIRES VISION, GODDAMMIT! oN THE PLUS SIFE i FOUND OUT i DO HAVE 20/20 VISION STILL. fUCK YEAH!

*dilated

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2014, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 05:09 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Dodgy

I hate crossing before traffic. It's really annoying when someone sits forever at the stop sign, and looks at you with a victimized deer face expression.
12-04-2014, 05:35 PM
(12-04-2014 05:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:04 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  i JUST HAD MY EYES DIALATED AND i CAN'T READ THE FORUM.. i HAD TO BLOW UP MY SCREEN SIZE TO MANY TIMES ITS NORMAL SIZE TO FIND THIS SECTION AND i HAVE NO IDEA HOW MANY TYPOS i HAVE MADE IN THIS RANT. aLL OF MY ENTERTAINMENT REQUIRES VISION, GODDAMMIT! oN THE PLUS SIFE i FOUND OUT i DO HAVE 20/20 VISION STILL. fUCK YEAH!

*dilated

And you took no issue with my capitalization being wrong for every single letter. Big Grin

12-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Dear friends,

Please do not drown me in your fucking feelings. I will drown you in your own blood.

Sincerely,
A very stressed Ferdinand
13-04-2014, 03:42 AM
It's too god damn early to have my physical fitness tested.