Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-04-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-04-2014 08:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 08:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to watch Dante's Peak and list 10 things from the movie that are scientifically accurate and 10 that aren't, and why.

First, I have no love for natural disaster movies...probably second...cause first is that I cannot stand Pierce Brosnan. UGH!

Actually, I don't HAVE to do it, it's extra credit...but I would like to have the buffer of extra points, but it will be so painful. Weeping

Here's a few both ways

Hopefully it helps the hurt on your brain a little.

Thanks! I found a couple other sites too. My professor is a real stickler for details so this is going to be a challenge. I am going to force myself to watch the movie and use some of the info on sites to put together the paper.

I already took a test today in another class so I may as well continue the academic torture. Tomorrow will be time to study for another test...really more fun than I should be allowed.

Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2014, 09:56 AM
(14-04-2014 07:11 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 06:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If she's in the US doing shift work at less than 30 hours/week, I'm not at all sure she has any legal recourse. Pretty sure in Canada this wouldn't even be an issue though. On the upside Obamacare would take her of her pregnancy for like fucking free. Not the job, but at least the pregnancy.

I'm full time/40 hours a week.

Talk to HR or a lawyer. You should have options, so don't take what they say on face value.

Or the employer is typical for the PNW and don't understand the law, and will use the excuse "but this is what we've always done and never had a problem."

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/pregnancy.cfm

Pregnancy is considered a temporary health issue by Federal Law.

What really pisses me off...is they're making you worry about all this crap and that too shouldn't be allowed.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2014, 11:08 AM
(15-04-2014 08:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(15-04-2014 08:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have to watch Dante's Peak and list 10 things from the movie that are scientifically accurate and 10 that aren't, and why.

First, I have no love for natural disaster movies...probably second...cause first is that I cannot stand Pierce Brosnan. UGH!

Actually, I don't HAVE to do it, it's extra credit...but I would like to have the buffer of extra points, but it will be so painful. Weeping

Here's a few both ways

Hopefully it helps the hurt on your brain a little.

Well that was two hours of my life I can never get back. UGH...what an awful movie.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-04-2014, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 11:12 AM by Hobbitgirl.)
Okay. So My doctor wont lift the weight restriction and he (understandably) thinks its crazy that I should even have to consider doing such a thing.

So basically right now I have to hope to thin air that a full time position will open up.

I was informed however of options.

A) I take my maternity leave now to lock my position (but then I'd have no maternity leave for ya know...the baby.) But this only lasts 12 weeks. AFter that...i still lose my position if the weight restriction doesnt goes away.

and

B) I can pay extra to keep my insurance while working part time. Which its already bloody expensive, but I'm going to have to seriously consider this one.
15-04-2014, 11:22 AM
(15-04-2014 11:08 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Okay. So My doctor wont lift the weight restriction and he (understandably) thinks its crazy that I should even have to consider doing such a thing.

So basically right now I have to hope to thin air that a full time position will open up.

A) I take my maternity leave now to lock my position (but then I'd have no maternity leave for ya know...the baby.) But this only lasts 12 weeks. AFter that...i still lose my position if the weight restriction doesnt goes away.

and

B) I can pay extra to keep my insurance while working part time. Which its already bloody expensive, but I'm going to have to seriously consider this one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Oregon is fucked up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-04-2014, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 03:44 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
Have you had a consult with a lawyer? If not - do it. Don't take their options as the only ones available.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
15-04-2014, 01:53 PM
(15-04-2014 11:08 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  B) I can pay extra to keep my insurance while working part time. Which its already bloody expensive, but I'm going to have to seriously consider this one.

Have you checked out your State Exchange? You might even find a cheaper better plan than the one you have now.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-04-2014, 08:55 PM
(15-04-2014 11:08 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Okay. So My doctor wont lift the weight restriction and he (understandably) thinks its crazy that I should even have to consider doing such a thing.

and

There has got to be some kind of legal recourse for this shit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-04-2014, 08:58 PM
(15-04-2014 08:49 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  WTF is wrong with people?

Everything Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
15-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Throwing up without a fever. Starting to itch a lot, as well as feeling paranoid and disoriented. This feels weird.