Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Ranting corner
Ok, so has anything happened?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2012, 05:38 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-08-2012 05:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Ok, so has anything happened?

That's what she said.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
26-08-2012, 07:48 PM
He's gone..

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2012, 02:53 PM
(26-08-2012 07:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You know it's a good day when you wake up in the driveway...Hobo

...at least I had my pants on. Big Grin

I'm calling bullshit.

[Image: socks.jpg]

#sigh
27-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Well, I found the time to take a nice afternoon nap finally, and THERE IS A FLY IN MY BEDROOM.

Whenever I start dozing off it buzzes me. I can't kill it because I can't reach it - high ceilings can be a bitch and the fly knows to retreat up there.

Now it's too late for my nap. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Frusty

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
30-08-2012, 05:36 PM
So JJ turned 18 today, and what does he do? Run away from home. Big Grin

I got a bedroom outta the deal. Thumbsup

living word
30-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Tongue
(30-08-2012 05:36 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  So JJ turned 18 today, and what does he do? Run away from home. Big Grin

I got a bedroom outta the deal. Thumbsup

Technically, he left home. Yesterday would have been run away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Not sure if Ranting Corner
>_>
Or chill out spot.

Anyhow, I'll rant. Or rather just copy-paste a rant I posted on Facebook:

"Wonder how's it's gonna go today in Human Sexuality class. It's funny. Generally people view a textbook as being infallible, because, well, it was written by a Ph.D, someone who has spend his/her entire life studying the subject. Plus, they got published. Not everyone gets punished. But then when the book starts talking about how the Bible and religion have influenced human sexuality, all of a sudden undergraduate students know more than the Ph.D. "It's out of context" "I don't think that's not what the Bible meant" "God doesn't want us to die virgins" haha, they must have some special knowledge that only they have because they just KNOW 100% what the Bible REALLY meant. Every other interpretation is wrong, obviously. (Fyi, religious people can't even agree on what the bible actually wants, this is why you have so many different denominations of Christianity: Catholics, Lutherans, Pentecostals, Baptists, Non-denominational, Jehovah's Witnesses, Anglicans, Methodists, Mormons--yes, Mormons worship christ-- etc, etc,)... #Rantoftheday haha. Hope they don't get all defensive about the Bible today. They're just slowing down the lecture.."

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist Jesus's post
31-08-2012, 09:04 AM
But human sexuality has been influenced and effected by the bible.

Homosexuality anyone?

[Image: oscar.png]
31-08-2012, 06:45 PM
(28-12-2011 06:40 PM)Leela Wrote:  I hate it when I am in a forum (no matter which), reading a topic and suddenly find a comment like this "we talked about this already, here is the link..." or "not again! come on we had this topic three times already!" etc. you get where I'm going.

That's so annoying!

A forum is there to talk about things. To have a conversation.

If I talk to my brother about the sun and the next day my neighbour tells me about the sun. I am not telling him "come on, I talked about the sun yesterday already. Here listen to the tape, I recorded it, if you have something to add you can come back to me."

Sorry this is not how conversations work. Something new might come up, new members join all the time and want to talk it off their chest (whatever it is). Everyone thinks that what they have to say is a bit different from what has been there in the past.
The good thing is, this is the internet, so you do not have to click the thread or read it all if you know all the points already.
If it annoys you, ignore it. Works fine, trust me.

I have seen interesting forums die from exactly that, especially forums that had it in the rules, kinda like "don't start a thread that has been there already"
I had my own forum in the past and it worked just fine even with threads that came again in variations. The only thing I did was pointing out that they might find some helpful information in the old threads, too.

These mods have me afraid of posting threads because I'm always afraid my thread idea's already been posted, and even though I look, I'm always unsure, or there's a thread that exists anyways with a title I overlooked. Sadcryface2

The struggle of my life in the forum.