Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-04-2014, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2014 02:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(16-04-2014 01:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 01:17 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yeah. Geez mods! Get to work. *Pretty please*

Don't worry Girly. I'll have a harder time being confrontational. I have no problems fighting for other people. But when I have to do it for myself I freeze up. I dont know why.

You are fighting for your child. Angry

Sure. But I don't understand the rush to litigation or state involvement. That's kinda like going for the knockout punch when you should still be parrying and sparring to feel the other guy out. She should definitely consult both the State Labor Relations Board and a lawyer to load the knockout punch, but my read is she is in a position with full benefits now which she can either burn her maternity leave now and keep her benefits or return to after being temporarily reassigned to a position without benefits if she meets some "weight condition" requirement after 12 weeks postpartum maternity leave. From my son's experience while he was going to school making like $10K/year living in Medford, Oregon supporting a family of 6, The Peoples' Republic of Oregon takes care of its own every bit as well as The Peoples' Republic of Maryland. My granddaughter was born in Oregon and my son being on Oregon's version of Medicaid paid next to nothing for prenatal, natal, and postpartum care. Depending on how much she makes she could temporarily go on Medicaid or, if she makes too much, temporarily buy some rather good insurance at a very reasonable rate on the Oregon exchange (assuming they can get it working, it's even more pathetic than Maryland's, need to model it after Kentucky's, Keep It Simple Stupid) , have the baby, return to her former position, exercise her maternity leave, and then go back to work.

Biggest question in HobbitFoot's situation is what is this "weight condition" requirement? Without knowledge of that I can't tell whether the Hobbit's employer is being an asshole or an angel.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2014, 02:40 PM
(16-04-2014 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 01:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are fighting for your child. Angry

Sure. But I don't understand the rush to litigation or state involvement. That's kinda like going for the knockout punch when you should still be parrying and sparring to feel the other guy out. She should definitely consult both the State Labor Relations Board and a lawyer to load the knockout punch, but my read is she is in a position with full benefits now which she can either burn her maternity leave now and keep her benefits or return to after being temporarily reassigned to a position without benefits if she meets some "weight condition" requirement after 12 weeks postpartum maternity leave. From my son's experience while he was going to school making like $10K/year living in Medford, Oregon supporting a family of 6, The Peoples' Republic of Oregon takes care of its own every bit as well as The Peoples' Republic of Maryland. My granddaughter was born in Oregon and my son being on Oregon's version of Medicaid paid next to nothing for prenatal, natal, and postpartum care. Depending on how much she makes she could temporarily go on Medicaid or, if she makes too much, temporarily buy some rather good insurance at a very reasonable rate on the Oregon exchange (assuming they can get it working, it's even more pathetic than Maryland's, need to model it after Kentucky's, Keep It Simple Stupid) .

Biggest question in HobbitFoot's situation is what is this "weight condition" requirement?

I'm not supposed to pick up more than 15 pounds. Weight required for work is 50 (even though the guys we work with area all way over 50)

*Side note* I havent been doing any lifting because my coworkers are awesome and have been covering that one thing for me. So...nothing really changed. Plus I had signed a waiver before when they discovered I was pregnant saying i accept the risks of working there while I'm pregnant.
16-04-2014, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2014 07:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-04-2014 02:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not supposed to pick up more than 15 pounds. Weight required for work is 50 (even though the guys we work with area all way over 50).

That sounds like a legitimate concern. Don't want to deal with no baby shitted out prematurely on some warehouse floor. I think your employer sounds more angel than asshole by setting you up with a temporary position. I'd go to HR and ask them "Okay, help me navigate this pregnancy using Oregon's health care system prenatal or tell me where to go." I'd bet my balls they'd help you navigate. Doesn't sound like you work for an asshole to me. If you need to take prenatal time off, they are trying their best to help you do that. You work for Costco? Not many other employer's I'd imagine going out of their way to do this. Unless you are a pregnant Holly Mangold, you should not be lifting 50 lbs. for a living.

She's sexiest when she falls on her ass trying to lift the equivalent of a fatass GirlyMan off the ground... Silly girl, bring that ass to Girly. Big Grin Thumbsup

#sigh
16-04-2014, 02:59 PM
(16-04-2014 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 02:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm not supposed to pick up more than 15 pounds. Weight required for work is 50 (even though the guys we work with area all way over 50).

That sounds like a legitimate concern. Don't want to deal with no baby shitted out prematurely on the warehouse floor. I think your employer sounds more angel than asshole by setting you up with a temporary position. I'd go to HR and ask them "Okay, help me navigate this pregnancy using Oregon's health care system prenatal or tell me where to go." I'd bet my balls they'd help you navigate. Doesn't sound like you work for an asshole to me. Pregnant women should not be regularly lifting 50 lbs.

Yeah. Lets pull me out of my position, and give me no other options. Its very well and good to say "well we will put you in a position that doesnt require lifting, and then give you nothing. Thats why I wanted to wait before calling lawyers. Because I want to give them a chance to find something. But so far they havent given me anything. I have two weeks before I lose benefits.
16-04-2014, 03:01 PM
(16-04-2014 02:59 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That sounds like a legitimate concern. Don't want to deal with no baby shitted out prematurely on the warehouse floor. I think your employer sounds more angel than asshole by setting you up with a temporary position. I'd go to HR and ask them "Okay, help me navigate this pregnancy using Oregon's health care system prenatal or tell me where to go." I'd bet my balls they'd help you navigate. Doesn't sound like you work for an asshole to me. Pregnant women should not be regularly lifting 50 lbs.

Yeah. Lets pull me out of my position, and give me no other options. Its very well and good to say "well we will put you in a position that doesnt require lifting, and then give you nothing. Thats why I wanted to wait before calling lawyers. Because I want to give them a chance to find something. But so far they havent given me anything. I have two weeks before I lose benefits.

PS could we move these posts. I didnt realise anyone would care enough to comment this much! *lol*

In the meantime I'll return to carpet cleaning.
16-04-2014, 03:06 PM
(16-04-2014 03:01 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  PS could we move these posts. I didnt realise anyone would care enough to comment this much! *lol*

In the meantime I'll return to carpet cleaning.

You need to be more assertive with our lazy bum mods..... like

Hey mods, could you please move Hobbits posts to another section !

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
16-04-2014, 03:14 PM
(16-04-2014 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 01:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are fighting for your child. Angry

Sure. But I don't understand the rush to litigation or state involvement. That's kinda like going for the knockout punch when you should still be parrying and sparring to feel the other guy out. She should definitely consult both the State Labor Relations Board and a lawyer to load the knockout punch, but my read is she is in a position with full benefits now which she can either burn her maternity leave now and keep her benefits or return to after being temporarily reassigned to a position without benefits if she meets some "weight condition" requirement after 12 weeks postpartum maternity leave. From my son's experience while he was going to school making like $10K/year living in Medford, Oregon supporting a family of 6, The Peoples' Republic of Oregon takes care of its own every bit as well as The Peoples' Republic of Maryland. My granddaughter was born in Oregon and my son being on Oregon's version of Medicaid paid next to nothing for prenatal, natal, and postpartum care. Depending on how much she makes she could temporarily go on Medicaid or, if she makes too much, temporarily buy some rather good insurance at a very reasonable rate on the Oregon exchange (assuming they can get it working, it's even more pathetic than Maryland's, need to model it after Kentucky's, Keep It Simple Stupid) , have the baby, return to her former position, exercise her maternity leave, and then go back to work.

All we're saying is to consult a lawyer to get the legal facts.

Quote:Biggest question in HobbitFoot's situation is what is this "weight condition" requirement? Without knowledge of that I can't tell whether the Hobbit's employer is being an asshole or an angel.

And she can't tell without knowing the legal facts.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-04-2014, 03:29 PM
(16-04-2014 03:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 02:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sure. But I don't understand the rush to litigation or state involvement. That's kinda like going for the knockout punch when you should still be parrying and sparring to feel the other guy out. She should definitely consult both the State Labor Relations Board and a lawyer to load the knockout punch, but my read is she is in a position with full benefits now which she can either burn her maternity leave now and keep her benefits or return to after being temporarily reassigned to a position without benefits if she meets some "weight condition" requirement after 12 weeks postpartum maternity leave. From my son's experience while he was going to school making like $10K/year living in Medford, Oregon supporting a family of 6, The Peoples' Republic of Oregon takes care of its own every bit as well as The Peoples' Republic of Maryland. My granddaughter was born in Oregon and my son being on Oregon's version of Medicaid paid next to nothing for prenatal, natal, and postpartum care. Depending on how much she makes she could temporarily go on Medicaid or, if she makes too much, temporarily buy some rather good insurance at a very reasonable rate on the Oregon exchange (assuming they can get it working, it's even more pathetic than Maryland's, need to model it after Kentucky's, Keep It Simple Stupid) , have the baby, return to her former position, exercise her maternity leave, and then go back to work.

All we're saying is to consult a lawyer to get the legal facts.

Quote:Biggest question in HobbitFoot's situation is what is this "weight condition" requirement? Without knowledge of that I can't tell whether the Hobbit's employer is being an asshole or an angel.

Don't they have maternity leave or family leave laws in Oregon?
Ah, yes they do. Are you able to discern if any of these might be applicable to your circumstance, HobbitMommy? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-04-2014, 03:39 PM
(16-04-2014 03:29 PM)kim Wrote:  
(16-04-2014 03:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  All we're saying is to consult a lawyer to get the legal facts.

Don't they have maternity leave or family leave laws in Oregon?
Ah, yes they do. Are you able to discern if any of these might be applicable to your circumstance, HobbitMommy? Shy

Yes Kim. I can take FMLA for 12 weeks. I can do it now and lock my position and lose it when its over or lose it now. I'm hoping I wont have to use it till its time for hobbit baby to arrive.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
16-04-2014, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2014 07:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
You can navigate this shit Hobbitt, ... awww young love, I remember it fondly.

Near should be on top of this shit. He know's about trends and and shit. Fucker's in on this whether he likes it or not. Welcome to fatherhood, bitch. Now shit start's really to hit the motherfucking real fan fool, brace your ass near. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post