Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-04-2014, 10:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-04-2014 10:17 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 10:01 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Such a good housewife *hides before Anj kills her*

Haha!

I am just thrilled to be replacing the ancient machine I have with one that is made specifically to pick up pet hair...not that there's any of that around here. Dodgy

I can totally understand that. I have a blonde cat and a black and white cat. So hair shows up on everything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2014, 03:13 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have time to use the new vacuum on all the floors and furniture, have to get ready for school...but....

We have a 5x8 area rug in the living room that I just vacuumed with the old machine this weekend. I plugged in the new one and went over the rug twice. There is enough fur in the canister to build a small dog...oh ick....[Image: smiley-sick007.gif]

Definitely was time for a new vacuum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2014, 03:15 PM
(29-04-2014 03:13 PM)Anjele Wrote:  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have time to use the new vacuum on all the floors and furniture, have to get ready for school...but....

We have a 5x8 area rug in the living room that I just vacuumed with the old machine this weekend. I plugged in the new one and went over the rug twice. There is enough fur in the canister to build a small dog...oh ick....

What'd you get?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-04-2014, 03:19 PM
A relatively inexpensive Hoover Windtunnel Pet Rewind.

Was about 150.00 on Amazon and there was a 10.00 instant coupon.

Since we mostly have hard floors and no carpet downstairs I wanted something made for both types of surfaces. It's also bagless and has a HEPA filter.

It also has handheld accessories made to remove fur from furniture.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-04-2014, 03:32 PM

We have a 5x8 area rug in the living room that I just vacuumed with the old machine this weekend. I plugged in the new one and went over the rug twice. There is enough fur in the canister to build a small dog...oh ick....[Image: smiley-sick007.gif]

That's funny...not haha funny...

A couple years ago, I got a fancy vacuum with a light that indicates the floors are clean. So I began using it on our high traffic area...roughly an area 3ft square.

10 minutes pass the light is red.
20 minutes pass and I'm convinced the new machine was broken.
30 minutes pass, I change the canister because it's full.
40 minutes later I move on to a different less traversed area thinking I've misread something...a few swipes it turns green. I scream hooooray!

Return to the high traffic area and continue.
After 20 more minutes it begins to turn green and goes back to red quickly.
Change the canister again....
Another 20 minutes it stays green and my humiliation is complete.

Really horrifying part. My carpets looked cleaner.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-04-2014, 03:34 PM
(29-04-2014 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

A couple years ago, I got a fancy vacuum with a light that indicates the floors are clean. So I began using it on our high traffic area...roughly an area 3ft square.

40 minutes later I move on to a different less traversed area thinking I've misread something...a few swipes it turns green. I scream hooooray!

I think I will experience much the same tomorrow when I tackle the upstairs. Weeping

29-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Gasp I may never be able to touch a carpet again.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
29-04-2014, 03:38 PM

Way too much time invested in that.

Getting new carpet seems like it'd be quicker.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-04-2014, 03:40 PM

I got a Dyson Animal for insanely cheap. Someone was gonna throw it out because it was "broken". It just needed to be cleaned. Anyway, I had just done a really good job vacuuming the one room I have carpet in and thought it was pretty clean. Ran the dyson over it just to try it out and my eyes went Shocking

Seriously, you have no idea how disgusting your carpet is until you get a good vacuum.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-04-2014, 03:42 PM
(29-04-2014 03:40 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's funny...not haha funny...

I got a Dyson Animal for insanely cheap. Someone was gonna throw it out because it was "broken". It just needed to be cleaned. Anyway, I had just done a really good job vacuuming the one room I have carpet in and thought it was pretty clean. Ran the dyson over it just to try it out and my eyes went Shocking

Seriously, you have no idea how disgusting your carpet is until you get a good vacuum.

I also now have a carpet shampooing machine for that reason. Well worth the investment.