Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-04-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: Ranting corner
My old Kirby was about 20 years old...it has served it's time. We have pretty much rebuilt it piece by piece over the years but the technology has changed so much.

After my cleaning spree tomorrow, I may need therapy. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2014, 03:44 PM
(29-04-2014 03:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My old Kirby was about 20 years old...it has served it's time. We have pretty much rebuilt it piece by piece over the years but the technology has changed so much.

After my cleaning spree tomorrow, I may need therapy. Sadcryface

That's the problem with canister vacuums. When it's in a bag, you can just ignore it and pretend like it's not disgusting. When it's in a great big clear canister, swirling about, you have no choice. I'd schedule the appointment with a therapist in advance. Tongue

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-04-2014, 04:00 PM
(29-04-2014 03:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's funny...not haha funny...

A couple years ago, I got a fancy vacuum with a light that indicates the floors are clean. So I began using it on our high traffic area...roughly an area 3ft square.

10 minutes pass the light is red.
20 minutes pass and I'm convinced the new machine was broken.
30 minutes pass, I change the canister because it's full.
40 minutes later I move on to a different less traversed area thinking I've misread something...a few swipes it turns green. I scream hooooray!

Return to the high traffic area and continue.
After 20 more minutes it begins to turn green and goes back to red quickly.
Change the canister again....
Another 20 minutes it stays green and my humiliation is complete.

Really horrifying part. My carpets looked cleaner.

I think I will experience much the same tomorrow when I tackle the upstairs. Weeping

Serriously now, it's been 8 years with my old Hoover. Because of what you posted about the pet hair issue which we have and the price my new (free) vacuum will be delivered in time for mother's day.

I'm sooooo excited. My old wind tunnel is fine for the floors but the stairs are awful to do because it came with the bare minimum attachments. The pet hair ones for furniture sold me!

Thank you a thousand times. Now hubby can use this vacuum in the basement without me getting mad at him. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-04-2014, 04:04 PM
(29-04-2014 03:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 03:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's funny...not haha funny...

A couple years ago, I got a fancy vacuum with a light that indicates the floors are clean. So I began using it on our high traffic area...roughly an area 3ft square.

10 minutes pass the light is red.
20 minutes pass and I'm convinced the new machine was broken.
30 minutes pass, I change the canister because it's full.
40 minutes later I move on to a different less traversed area thinking I've misread something...a few swipes it turns green. I scream hooooray!

Return to the high traffic area and continue.
After 20 more minutes it begins to turn green and goes back to red quickly.
Change the canister again....
Another 20 minutes it stays green and my humiliation is complete.

Really horrifying part. My carpets looked cleaner.

Gasp I may never be able to touch a carpet again.

Just wait until you've that kiddo crawling around. Omg my head wouid sometimes spin at how dirty they got. It made my eye twitch and NEED to clean even harder.

You'll be happy to note I was quite over that by the time kid number 2 came around

29-04-2014, 04:07 PM
(29-04-2014 04:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 03:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Gasp I may never be able to touch a carpet again.

Just wait until you've that kiddo crawling around. Omg my head wouid sometimes spin at how dirty they got. It made my eye twitch and NEED to clean even harder.

You'll be happy to note I was quite over that by the time kid number 2 came around

Hey now, there aint nothing wrong with a dirty kid. Aside from them being kids, that is.

Kid getting in the dirt'll probably be better off than a kid in a sterile environment.

The problem of them being kids still exists though...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-04-2014, 05:23 PM
(29-04-2014 04:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 03:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think I will experience much the same tomorrow when I tackle the upstairs. Weeping
My old wind tunnel is fine for the floors

I've never heard it called that before Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 4 users Like aurora's post
29-04-2014, 06:44 PM
(29-04-2014 05:23 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(29-04-2014 04:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My old wind tunnel is fine for the floors

I've never heard it called that before Big Grin

Bawahahaha.

Funny, but I actually refer to hubby as a wind tunnel. Big Grin

30-04-2014, 02:11 AM
Getting a grand total of 10kb/s internet speed... so much for vdsl.

Oh, and in case this doesn't get to you for another year or two, this occurred on 30th of April, 2014.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
30-04-2014, 09:00 AM
[Image: doghair_zpsa43c1143.jpg]

Off to see how many times I have to empty the new vacuum....wish me luck. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
30-04-2014, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 30-04-2014 09:12 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
[Image: DC65_fuschia.ashx]
Shoulda got one of these.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post