Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-05-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-05-2014 01:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know what I am getting tired of?

Hearing the claim the cracking your knuckles causes arthritis.

I am getting fucking sick of it; this old wives tale of a claim has about as much truth to it as the myth that jacking off with cause hair to grow on ones palms.

Plenty of studies have looked into the phenomenon and found absolutely no correlation between arthritis and joint-cracking; in fact radiographs in one study showed that there is no statistical difference between the hands of those who did crack their knuckles regularly and those who didn't; none at all. No significant abnormalities. At all.
So how is this myth, so thoroughly debunked by a cursory google search, still around? There is not a single reason I can think of for it to still be a thing.

Why am I getting set off on this? My mother, a trained aged care nurse, told my not to crack my knuckles near her "Don't crack your knuckles; it destroys the cartilage in the joint, which causes arthritis." Of course, despite being tempted to, I didn't correct her because I'd get yelled at.

Where on earth did this dumbass myth even pop up from anyway?

Fuck you, whoever made that shit up!

I know that feels, bro *crack, crack, crack* I can pop each finger of my hands two different ways. Basically when I get it in mind to do it there will be a total of at 10 cracks by the time I'm done, and I do it all day long lol I don't know why, but I fidget with my hands all the time whether I'm nervous or not.

I understand it's probably annoying to those around me, but honestly I don't even realize I'm doing it until I'm halfway through, and then I'm not going to NOT finish the job, that would be very uncomfortable. Not in a physical way, but in an OCD impulse Kind of way.

I've corrected several people on this misconception when they look at me with that wince "you do know... That's going to give you arthritis one day.... Right?" *bigger wince*

No, it won't Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
01-05-2014, 04:48 PM
(01-05-2014 04:35 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 01:19 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know what I am getting tired of?

Hearing the claim the cracking your knuckles causes arthritis.

I am getting fucking sick of it; this old wives tale of a claim has about as much truth to it as the myth that jacking off with cause hair to grow on ones palms.

Plenty of studies have looked into the phenomenon and found absolutely no correlation between arthritis and joint-cracking; in fact radiographs in one study showed that there is no statistical difference between the hands of those who did crack their knuckles regularly and those who didn't; none at all. No significant abnormalities. At all.
So how is this myth, so thoroughly debunked by a cursory google search, still around? There is not a single reason I can think of for it to still be a thing.

Why am I getting set off on this? My mother, a trained aged care nurse, told my not to crack my knuckles near her "Don't crack your knuckles; it destroys the cartilage in the joint, which causes arthritis." Of course, despite being tempted to, I didn't correct her because I'd get yelled at.

Where on earth did this dumbass myth even pop up from anyway?

Fuck you, whoever made that shit up!

I know that feels, bro *crack, crack, crack* I can pop each finger of my hands two different ways. Basically when I get it in mind to do it there will be a total of at 10 cracks by the time I'm done, and I do it all day long lol I don't know why, but I fidget with my hands all the time whether I'm nervous or not.

I understand it's probably annoying to those around me, but honestly I don't even realize I'm doing it until I'm halfway through, and then I'm not going to NOT finish the job, that would be very uncomfortable. Not in a physical way, but in an OCD impulse Kind of way.

I've corrected several people on this misconception when they look at me with that wince "you do know... That's going to give you arthritis one day.... Right?" *bigger wince*

No, it won't Dodgy

Yeah; can't leave half the knuckles cracked. It'd be a killer through my own OC(D) problems.

In other ranting news: So, I now have a cold or flu-type bug in me which causes my throat to be dry, feel weird and be covered in stuff. It also makes me cough; my back is already still sore from my prior issues made worse be a recent trip up a staircase. Coughing makes it hurt more.

I am very upset at this. Because I don't like feeling sick.

On the plus side though I do have today off school because of it and the weather, which is now in Australia's second of two seasons (On Fire & Too Wet To Be On Fire).

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
People are just pissing me off today.

I'm going drink some wine and blow some smoke.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-05-2014, 08:59 PM
(01-05-2014 08:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People are just pissing me off today.

Awesome Sleepy
That'll definitely fix it Cool

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
01-05-2014, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014 09:28 PM by Lienda Bella.)
An idiot on YouTube decided to attack me under someone's video in the comments yet again. This time, I had simply posted a sarcastic "You can't disprove GOD with (a few things that disprove creation.) "chuckles""

I could have sworn that what I had posted was so obviously that it would be clear as day what it was a hahah post. Nope. Apparently, someone was dumb enough to believe it. They feel like an anti-theist intellectual prize to. I even put a chuckle emote on the end to point this fakery I did out further. Oh let me guess, dumb dumb wanted it to be spelled "Gawd" instead. * eye roll*

Despite me literally saying what that post was, they go right ahead and repull a fallacy right of their butt, and attack it by calling it a "pile of golden (amazingly stupid) shit."

.................. Drinking Beverage That one must really be the top of his or her class 'COUGH COUGH COUGH'

I said "I can tell that you don't know what sarcasm or humor is, because you and those six idiots that voted for you are on a sad witch hunt." Which they are, in my opinion. "P.S. That post sure was butt hurt."

They continued to groan like a child, rather than apologize or delete their rude post, and went so far as to call me a "child having tantrums," and basically say that my oh so Theist kind (I'm obviously not a theist anymore) are a disease that contributes to starvation and AIDs Africa, and that poor little Superbutthurt (a fitting nickname), actually has a job and gives to charity, while I clutch my little ol' bible of evil and act lazy.

So.. stupid.. Facepalm You want to know what really makes me feel ill about this? My sister has talked to me just like this. Boy, some people sure act like it's criminal to not be as socially smooth as their inflated ego likes it!
01-05-2014, 09:59 PM
(01-05-2014 08:59 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(01-05-2014 08:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People are just pissing me off today.

Awesome Sleepy
That'll definitely fix it Cool

However, the latter.may deposit waste in your lungs.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
01-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Bat shit crazy fundamentalist pastor
FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmGaspGaspGasp:

I am guessing this guy has been discussed here before. Steven Anderson: hellfire and brimstone, misogynistic, homophobic, anti-science, child beating asshole from a Baptist church in Arizona. If you have an hour to kill and are wearing a helmet to protect your head as you bang it into the wall, listen to the whole thing. Otherwise, skip ahead to the 58 min mark which is the real gem of the sermon. It would be laughable if he wasn't completely serious, wasn't raising 7 kids (including some girls), and didn't actually have people who passionately agreed with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTk_GnVKrM4
01-05-2014, 10:39 PM
I got a green apple from my bag of green apples in the kitchen but upon arrival to my room I remembered that I took my apple eating knife out to the kitchen yesterday, now I have to go all the way back to the kitchen to get it.

#fml

[Image: oscar.png]
02-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Aaaaeg this is ridiculous!!!

My neighbourhood had no power since 2 days ago. For 2 days no TV and no PC Weeping
you know how i'm online right now? I went to my niece just to charge my phone...
I know that those people want a higher pay,but their strike should not mean i have no power!!!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-05-2014, 08:46 AM
(01-05-2014 10:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I got a green apple from my bag of green apples in the kitchen but upon arrival to my room I remembered that I took my apple eating knife out to the kitchen yesterday, now I have to go all the way back to the kitchen to get it.

#fml

I don't know if this is supposed to be a parody/satire, or muffs is really, really, lazy.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]