Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-05-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(07-05-2014 08:44 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 11:46 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  This is why we need to bring back funeral pyres.

OOoh yes! I would love to be put on a pyre! What a way to go. Tongue

[Image: GoT+-+viking+funeral.gif]

That makes me wish Valhalla was real. Weeping

I want to be burned on land, though. Atop a giant pile of wood who's flames reach higher than the canopy.

Not that I will know about it, I just think it would be cool to be remembered that way.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Have been studying off and on for days for my final tonight...really need to review...but I don't want to... Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
08-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Took the day off, woke up early, got ready, and my dentist has to cancel my appointment for an emergency patient. What do I do with myself now for the next three hours until my doctor's appointment?

Plus I had to reschedule the dentist appointment to tomorrow at 8am on my "treat yoself" day Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
If this storm keeps up at the current level I will need SCUBA gear to get to school tonight.

We need rain, but holy crap!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

08-05-2014, 10:37 AM
So, I got an important phone call this morning from Microsoft security saying "my Windows pc was being hacked by the nterwebz"

Totally not shitting you...they said INTERWEBZ.

I told the caller I don't own a PC.
He argued with me, saying it was imperative that I go to a web address so they could remotely save my PC.

I told him again I don't own a PC.

He again argued...

So, I told him that I would go to my imaginary computer and boot it up. (yes I said imaginary).

I waited 5 minutes with the guy still on the line. Then PRETENDED to type in the fake address....

I actually said. click click click tap click clcik click...." This went on for each character and happily told the caller his website didn't come up because my imaginary virus protection forbid me from going further.

He argued again that my computer was being hacked by the interwebz..

I reminded him that I don't own a PC therefore I do not have windows to be hacked.

Then I hung up....

Then he called back....4 more times.

4th call I answer...it's a "manager" who tells me again with much urgency that my Windows PC is being hacked by the interweb. (he didn't say interwebz like his predecessor).

I'm bored so I ask which window is being hacked (because I have like 14 windows in my home).

He said the window closest to me (again totally not shitting you) so I tap on the window the secret web address (you could hear my fingernails clicking on the glass) and told him that I was there...

He said he couldn't be because they couldn't detect my computer..,

I told the guy that he told me to tap on the window closest to me.

"NO no ma'am" I need you to go to your computer..."

I replied, "I don't own one."

HE insisted that I go to my computer that I don't own and go to the web address so they could save my computer (that I don't own) from being hacked.

It was like arguing with a fucking theist.

Rolleyes

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-05-2014, 10:39 AM
Moms, isn't it a little early to be drinking?

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Gosh good thing they didn't call after cocktail hour....

But then again I could clink my ice cubes around....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-05-2014, 10:44 AM
(08-05-2014 10:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Gosh good thing they didn't call after cocktail hour....

But then again I could clink my ice cubes around....

When you get your imaginary PC all booted up...call them back...after cocktail hour is in full swing.

08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
(08-05-2014 10:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Moms, isn't it a little early to be drinking?

Not after a call like that, it's not.

Moms, I love you a bit more now after reading that. Those people are scumbags to the extreme and hearing about people fucking with them and wasting their time gives me a warm feeling inside. (that also may be the rum).

The greatest was when I was onsite fixing someone's computer after they fell for that type of scam and they called back to try to get more money out of her. If you've never witnessed an 80+ year old lithuanian woman cursing someone out, you are missing an amazing sight. She refused to translate a few of the things she said, but I'm fairly certain she said some awful things about the guy's mother's promiscuity.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
08-05-2014, 10:45 AM
(08-05-2014 09:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If this storm keeps up at the current level I will need SCUBA gear to get to school tonight.

We need rain, but holy crap!

Hey now, don't be greedy with that rain.

We need a lot down here in the farming regions. And I mean a lot.
Donate rain today.

(08-05-2014 10:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, I got an important phone call this morning from Microsoft security saying "my Windows pc was being hacked by the nterwebz"

Totally not shitting you...they said INTERWEBZ.

I told the caller I don't own a PC.
He argued with me, saying it was imperative that I go to a web address so they could remotely save my PC.

I told him again I don't own a PC.

He again argued...

So, I told him that I would go to my imaginary computer and boot it up. (yes I said imaginary).

I waited 5 minutes with the guy still on the line. Then PRETENDED to type in the fake address....

I actually said. click click click tap click clcik click...." This went on for each character and happily told the caller his website didn't come up because my imaginary virus protection forbid me from going further.

He argued again that my computer was being hacked by the interwebz..

I reminded him that I don't own a PC therefore I do not have windows to be hacked.

Then I hung up....

Then he called back....4 more times.

4th call I answer...it's a "manager" who tells me again with much urgency that my Windows PC is being hacked by the interweb. (he didn't say interwebz like his predecessor).

I'm bored so I ask which window is being hacked (because I have like 14 windows in my home).

He said the window closest to me (again totally not shitting you) so I tap on the window the secret web address (you could hear my fingernails clicking on the glass) and told him that I was there...

He said he couldn't be because they couldn't detect my computer..,

I told the guy that he told me to tap on the window closest to me.

"NO no ma'am" I need you to go to your computer..."

I replied, "I don't own one."

HE insisted that I go to my computer that I don't own and go to the web address so they could save my computer (that I don't own) from being hacked.

It was like arguing with a fucking theist.

Rolleyes

Cool. I actually know a person who received that scam call!

I almost wish I'd get one of those calls. I think I might be able to have fun.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post