Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-09-2012 11:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 11:32 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Dodgy yeah, she is just here to make my overprotective parents happy.

Is she hot? Consider

Man, A2... I hope you can hold your breath until you get to "moving out" age, cause uh... your parents are retards - no offense. Undecided I'm sure they mean well, but they just seem ignorant.

Ignorance is not a bad thing as long as one accepts the responsibility to escape it. Consider But I guess one wouldn't know that if one were ignorant. Always do your smarty pants justice by escaping ignorance. Wink

Oh well, I guess they are paying the bills... appreciate that while you have it... and try to stock pile whatever money you can - you'll need it. Although I would normally tell you to pay no attention to Lord Erxy with his evil green influence... I have to admit to my curiosity or I wouldn't be a true Atheist.... sooooo....
Is she hot? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm an asshole, I get it. No one is aware of this more so than me. But I like to think I'm a considerate asshole. Someone who thinks of other people as well as themselves. Why doesn't anyone else seem to have the ability to consider other people? This morning me and the wife and the old stroller bound kid are at the local timmies enjoying a cup a joe. When the kid is in the stroller we try to find a nice out of the way place to squat while we eat or drink. You know so people don't have to go around us and so people can use any other seat they wish. So it's early, not busy at all, then a group of older men come in and firstly one of them gets all up in my kids face, not taking the hint that not only does she not think he's adorable but that I'm getting angry and trying not to grab him by the collar and slap him. Secondly they all group around our little spot and pull up chairs to a 2 person table, completely blocking us in. Completely. All the other tables are fucking empty. All of them. Then the one old guy gets all creepy and in my kids face again. Like seriously people. Not your kid. Look at the daddy. Look at me, so you know how close you are to swallowing teeth.

Or how about walk blockers? I walk everywhere. I am a considerate walker. By that I mean, if I am going too slow for the people behind me I move to the side and let them pass. ( I am typically a fast walker but sometimes it's too nice out. ) People never seem to reciprocate this. Instead it's more common for you to get one or more people that walk slowly and also some hoe manage to block every means possible of passing them. They will even look right at you, and just carry on. I might live in an exceptionally rude town or something but I've had almost no success with the magic words Excuse me. Or Pardon me. It's like people have never heard those words before and know not of their meanings.

On the subject of words of kindness, whatever happened to please or thank you? No one seems to use them anymore, instead replacing them with the out of place scowl or grumpy grunt of thanks. Every day someone comments on how great my kids manners are and I think it's because of how uncommon they are in other kids. Or adults for that matter.

Also if you are driving and are approaching a crosswalk without a light, you don't look at me, slow down and then when I start to cross speed up and almost hit me. If you've done this to me before you know I will cuss you out and memorize your car for later assaults to occur. If you do this and you happen to get stuck nearby I will come up to your car and tell you to get out. Friendly reminder. And when you get out (if you do) I will punch you square in the face, and it will fucking hurt.

How many kids do you need to almost run over in a day to make it worth getting home an extra four seconds earlier?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like lucradis's post
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Ranting corner
(01-09-2012 12:34 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm an asshole, I get it. No one is aware of this more so than me. But I like to think I'm a considerate asshole. Someone who thinks of other people as well as themselves. Why doesn't anyone else seem to have the ability to consider other people? This morning me and the wife and the old stroller bound kid are at the local timmies enjoying a cup a joe. When the kid is in the stroller we try to find a nice out of the way place to squat while we eat or drink. You know so people don't have to go around us and so people can use any other seat they wish. So it's early, not busy at all, then a group of older men come in and firstly one of them gets all up in my kids face, not taking the hint that not only does she not think he's adorable but that I'm getting angry and trying not to grab him by the collar and slap him. Secondly they all group around our little spot and pull up chairs to a 2 person table, completely blocking us in. Completely. All the other tables are fucking empty. All of them. Then the one old guy gets all creepy and in my kids face again. Like seriously people. Not your kid. Look at the daddy. Look at me, so you know how close you are to swallowing teeth.

Or how about walk blockers? I walk everywhere. I am a considerate walker. By that I mean, if I am going too slow for the people behind me I move to the side and let them pass. ( I am typically a fast walker but sometimes it's too nice out. ) People never seem to reciprocate this. Instead it's more common for you to get one or more people that walk slowly and also some hoe manage to block every means possible of passing them. They will even look right at you, and just carry on. I might live in an exceptionally rude town or something but I've had almost no success with the magic words Excuse me. Or Pardon me. It's like people have never heard those words before and know not of their meanings.

On the subject of words of kindness, whatever happened to please or thank you? No one seems to use them anymore, instead replacing them with the out of place scowl or grumpy grunt of thanks. Every day someone comments on how great my kids manners are and I think it's because of how uncommon they are in other kids. Or adults for that matter.

Also if you are driving and are approaching a crosswalk without a light, you don't look at me, slow down and then when I start to cross speed up and almost hit me. If you've done this to me before you know I will cuss you out and memorize your car for later assaults to occur. If you do this and you happen to get stuck nearby I will come up to your car and tell you to get out. Friendly reminder. And when you get out (if you do) I will punch you square in the face, and it will fucking hurt.

How many kids do you need to almost run over in a day to make it worth getting home an extra four seconds earlier?

Been awhile since we've had a good Resident Evil rant. Good to have ya back! Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Wow, I have been left home alone since the age of about 11. Video games and books make great babysitters.

Under Repair.
[+] 2 users Like itsacow's post
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Ranting corner
(01-09-2012 02:53 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Wow, I have been left home alone since the age of about 11. Video games and books make great babysitters.

On your own since the last 4 years? You must be lonely. Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-09-2012, 05:08 PM
(01-09-2012 10:04 AM)Leela Wrote:  Why is the ranting corner not pinned anymore, one would like to know.

*looks at Erx*

Yeah Erx, why is the Ranting Corner not pinned any more?

Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
01-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Ranting corner
(01-09-2012 05:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 10:04 AM)Leela Wrote:  Why is the ranting corner not pinned anymore, one would like to know.

*looks at Erx*

Yeah Erx, why is the Ranting Corner not pinned any more?

Big Grin

It was.

And now it's not. Tongue

~Izel
01-09-2012, 05:19 PM
(01-09-2012 05:10 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It was.

And now it's not. Tongue

And then it was again, and now it's not again, and in a minute it will be again.

Roll up, it's the amazing half thread, half yo-yo Big Grin.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
(01-09-2012 10:04 AM)Leela Wrote:  thanks Erx Smile

Why is the ranting corner not pinned anymore, one would like to know.

The tapatalk app doesn't work right with moderators and admin so anytime erx posts in a stickied thread it unsticks it. And i'm left to clean up the mess Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
(01-09-2012 06:27 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The tapatalk app doesn't work right with moderators and admin so anytime erx posts in a stickied thread it unsticks it. And i'm left to clean up the mess Tongue

You?! I'm the one who's re-stuck this thread about 50 times in the last 24 hours Big Grin!

Best
Worst