Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-05-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Ranting corner
At my last flat the internet was in my name. This was fine, people payed me I payed the internet bill. Once we all moved out the new people were to take over the internet contract. They were suppose to sign and send off a form (they agreed to do that by the way) that put the account in their name. Only they haven't. And so nearly $400 over several months has been charged to that account, which is still under my name, because they didn't send off the form OR pay the bill OR answer any of the internet companies letters. Basically they fucked me.
Now I have a debt collection agency contacting me asking where the fuck is the money, despite me not living at that house for several months and that account was suppose to have changed ownership.
So now I can't (and shouldn't have too) pay this debt and the fact that it has gone to a collection agency is having an effect on my credit which could halt my ability to borrow money for some time because it looks bad that I've been referred to a debt collector.
The worst part is I didn't know this was happening to my account until it actually went to the debt collector and they contacted me.
Also, I haven't charged my phone and they phoned me Monday (it's now Friday) so I'm pretty sure they think I'm avoiding them despite me just not charging my phone to get their messages.

And of course the internet company isn't gonna care that the account was suppose to have changed hands because all they see is my name on the account and they're not gonna side with me because it's just easier to flip my "case" off to a debt collection agency than actually be a humanbeing with common sense in this situation.

Basically I got ass raped by some cunt 500km away and now my future plans could be completely shattered as well as having to pay this stupid fucking debt.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2014, 07:12 AM
(15-05-2014 06:58 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  At my last flat the internet was in my name. This was fine, people payed me I payed the internet bill. Once we all moved out the new people were to take over the internet contract. They were suppose to sign and send off a form (they agreed to do that by the way) that put the account in their name. Only they haven't. And so nearly $400 over several months has been charged to that account, which is still under my name, because they didn't send off the form OR pay the bill OR answer any of the internet companies letters. Basically they fucked me.
Now I have a debt collection agency contacting me asking where the fuck is the money, despite me not living at that house for several months and that account was suppose to have changed ownership.
So now I can't (and shouldn't have too) pay this debt and the fact that it has gone to a collection agency is having an effect on my credit which could halt my ability to borrow money for some time because it looks bad that I've been referred to a debt collector.
The worst part is I didn't know this was happening to my account until it actually went to the debt collector and they contacted me.
Also, I haven't charged my phone and they phoned me Monday (it's now Friday) so I'm pretty sure they think I'm avoiding them despite me just not charging my phone to get their messages.

And of course the internet company isn't gonna care that the account was suppose to have changed hands because all they see is my name on the account and they're not gonna side with me because it's just easier to flip my "case" off to a debt collection agency than actually be a humanbeing with common sense in this situation.

Basically I got ass raped by some cunt 500km away and now my future plans could be completely shattered as well as having to pay this stupid fucking debt.

Pay them what you can. $5 if that's all you've got. It fucking sucks and fuck those fucking fuckers, but you don't want to screw your credit up more than they already have. Even a small payment will show that you're attempting to pay. Slow pay is less damaging than no pay.

This is one reason I fucking hate the credit system. It only takes one asshole one click of a mouse to totally fuck you over, and it's nearly impossible to get removed once the mark is there. Even if you've done nothing wrong, they can just keep dinging your credit and blackmail you into giving them money. I wasted $1600 because a former landlord claimed I owed them money 6 months after I had moved out and signed all the paperwork. They said there was damage they didn't notice before and immediately sent it to a collection agency. Trying to fight it was futile and I ended up just paying it off slowly just so it didn't effect me when I bought my house.

Oh, and again. Fuck those fucking fuckers.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
15-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Earmuffs, if you havent already done so, make sure that the service has been terminated at that residence.

Not sure about your country, but here, there is no such thing as a debtor's prison, and for $400.00, they're not going to take you to court to get a judgement against you. Which isnt worth the paper its written on, since they need to go back to court every few years to keep it current.

The most they can do is keep calling you, and if you send out a form letter to them stating that the calls need to cease and desist, the law provides that they do so, or you can sue them.

The spot on your credit from a cable co. doesnt mean squat, you'll be recieving many more offers from credit cards and the like in the future..... they just love to gamble with money and usually make more than enough from the crazy interest.

Dont sweat the small stuff.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
15-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Test post....bloody thing keeps telling me I'm blocked. O.o
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
15-05-2014, 01:58 PM
(15-05-2014 07:31 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Earmuffs, if you havent already done so, make sure that the service has been terminated at that residence.

Not sure about your country, but here, there is no such thing as a debtor's prison, and for $400.00, they're not going to take you to court to get a judgement against you. Which isnt worth the paper its written on, since they need to go back to court every few years to keep it current.

The most they can do is keep calling you, and if you send out a form letter to them stating that the calls need to cease and desist, the law provides that they do so, or you can sue them.

The spot on your credit from a cable co. doesnt mean squat, you'll be recieving many more offers from credit cards and the like in the future..... they just love to gamble with money and usually make more than enough from the crazy interest.

Dont sweat the small stuff.

Well...I did get a court summons for a 1500 dollar medical debt. Luckily I had help paying it off.
15-05-2014, 02:08 PM
(15-05-2014 01:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well...I did get a court summons for a 1500 dollar medical debt. Luckily I had help paying it off.

Did you actually go to court ?

I've recieved phony summons before. Dont be fooled, they will resort to that. Nobody spends money on a lawyer for $1500.00 bucks.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
15-05-2014, 02:24 PM
(15-05-2014 02:08 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 01:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well...I did get a court summons for a 1500 dollar medical debt. Luckily I had help paying it off.

Did you actually go to court ?

I've recieved phony summons before. Dont be fooled, they will resort to that. Nobody spends money on a lawyer for $1500.00 bucks.

I probably would have if I didnt have help paying it off.

I didnt have the money. You'd think care positions paid better.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
15-05-2014, 03:04 PM
(15-05-2014 01:57 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Test post....bloody thing keeps telling me I'm blocked. O.o

Damn thing did that to me as well a few days back.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Two and half hours in dentist chair, work isn't done, mouth all bloody and face swollen. Final in an hour. FML.

Should have just had the damn thing pulled.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Yesterday, I ddi a mountain of laundry.

Today, I must get my car serviced -- which will likely take hours to complete.

And I have to wait or be stuck without a car until Monday.

I need my car.

Saturday I'll probably run to Target and then the market to get a corned beef brisket and cook that on Sunday. I'll give half to my Mother-in-Law.

Her knee hurts Dodgy What a huge surprise. They cut your leg open and replace a joint and you're surprised it hurts after? But really overall she's doing well so that's good.

She's got tons of pain meds..If she really liked us...she'd share Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post