Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-05-2014, 12:51 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-05-2014 12:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 12:44 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Yesterday I went long boarding and had my very first wipe out going down a hill. The trucks on the board were very loose (for easier turning) and as I propelled down the hill, the board became very wobbly and slipped out from under my feet. I immediately lost balance, hit the ground, and slid a good bit. The position in which I fell had my left knee bent to the left side, and as I slid, my leg bent inwards. I sat on the ground for a good fifteen minutes or so before I tried maneuvering myself up so I could walk to a bench. As I stood up and wobbled over to a bench, my knee felt very unstable. I had to call some of my friends to come and help me. I was carried a good way back, but eventually just sat on the long board and let a friend push me.

Now I can't bend or straighten my knee. It was unbearable yesterday, I could hardly walk. I sat down a couple of times and accidentally bent my knee too far past what I could. I kept it slightly bent and limped on it, but I couldn't bend it any further back and I couldn't straighten it completely. I've hardly ever felt so much pain that my vision was blurred. I've broken my arm before and didn't feel as much pain as this.

By the end of the night last night, I was sore and could hardly climb into bed. Today it doesn't hurt as band. I still can't bend it completely (don't want to try) nor can I straighten it. I'm still limping, but it isn't as unbearable as it was yesterday.

That's either a very serious sprain or a fracture. Or both.

Get to a goddamn doctor.

If you don't treat it right you might permanently impair the joint.

I would but I have literally no way to the hospital. I brought up stopping by to get it checked this morning and my mom yelled at me about having no gas in her car.

Go figure. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2014, 12:55 PM
(18-05-2014 12:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I would but I have literally no way to the hospital. I brought up stopping by to get it checked this morning and my mom yelled at me about having no gas in her car.

Go figure. Dodgy

Don't they have taxis where you live?

... this is my signature!
18-05-2014, 12:56 PM
(18-05-2014 12:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 12:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I would but I have literally no way to the hospital. I brought up stopping by to get it checked this morning and my mom yelled at me about having no gas in her car.

Go figure. Dodgy

Don't they have taxis where you live?

Expensive as nuts taxis. They're not commonly used here to be honest. I lack a job and have no money myself as of right now anyways. Sad
18-05-2014, 01:01 PM
(18-05-2014 12:56 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 12:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Don't they have taxis where you live?

Expensive as nuts taxis. They're not commonly used here to be honest. I lack a job and have no money myself as of right now anyways. Sad

That's... unfortunate.

No

... this is my signature!
18-05-2014, 01:14 PM
(18-05-2014 12:51 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 12:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That's either a very serious sprain or a fracture. Or both.

Get to a goddamn doctor.

I would but I have literally no way to the hospital. I brought up stopping by to get it checked this morning and my mom yelled at me about having no gas in her car.

Go figure. Dodgy

She got a $500.00 dog but doesn't have gas money?

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Feel better soon...prop your leg up and get some ice on it. Is there bruising along the sides?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
18-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Oh FFS..... but in the name of peace, harmony and goodwill towards mankind, I shall refrain from giving an opinion....... aaaarrrrrgggg, it hurts ! Facepalm

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
18-05-2014, 01:40 PM
Ferdi sending a Hug

Hopefully you'll get to the doctor eventually to get it checked.

The not being able to walk on it is worrisome.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-05-2014, 02:41 PM
(18-05-2014 12:47 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That's either a very serious sprain or a fracture. Or both.

Get to a goddamn doctor.

Go figure. Dodgy

You need to refer to her as something other than 'mother'. 'Cause she ain't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
18-05-2014, 03:05 PM

Get to a goddamn doctor.

Go figure. Dodgy

Your mother is a horrible person. Hug

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-05-2014, 03:09 PM
(18-05-2014 03:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Go figure. Dodgy

Your mother is a horrible person. Hug

Could have sworn that was established a while ago.

Apparently TTA members have bad luck with mothers, so all we need to do is figure out the worst of them all.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.