Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-05-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Are you sure that's from a cow? Consider I don't know... I'm skeptical.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-05-2014, 04:42 PM
SCREW MY GENETICS!!!!

Because of my faulty-arse genes which caused the creation of my shitty, misshapen eyes that I now have to deal with constant headaches and eye pain until I can manage to get to my regular OPSM branch to get my eyes checked and then wait a another week at least for new lenses to come in and then put up with a few days continuing pain with extra dizziness while I adjust to them, all the while hoping my father has enough money to pay for the probably above $400 new lenses!

In addition to that, it'll mean even more money that I'm going to have to save up to repay him later when I have the means to do so! My family doesn't insist on being paid back, but I feel like I should regardless because of all the money I've caused them to lose over the years.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-05-2014, 04:47 PM
(19-05-2014 04:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  SCREW MY GENETICS!!!!

Because of my faulty-arse genes which caused the creation of my shitty, misshapen eyes that I now have to deal with constant headaches and eye pain until I can manage to get to my regular OPSM branch to get my eyes checked and then wait a another week at least for new lenses to come in and then put up with a few days continuing pain with extra dizziness while I adjust to them, all the while hoping my father has enough money to pay for the probably above $400 new lenses!

In addition to that, it'll mean even more money that I'm going to have to save up to repay him later when I have the means to do so! My family doesn't insist on being paid back, but I feel like I should regardless because of all the money I've caused them to lose over the years.

Hug

You're a sweetheart! Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-05-2014, 10:08 PM
This isn't a rant or... anything, really. Just one of those odd moments where you stop the car you've been riding in and take a look around and try to figure out where the hell you are. Who the hell you are.

And the more I ask who I am and what I stand for, the more confused I get. Wish I could just shut my brain off. Stop critiquing my every little move, my every little thought, trying to improve upon them, trying at every moment to be a still better person, and yet being ever-reminded of how selfish I can be.

There's a girl at work whose husband is dying from cancer and she'll be retiring soon, and my boss wanted us all to chip in some money to get her something special, and all I could think was... "Wow, someone else wanting money from me. If it isn't my work wanting money for this that or the other, it's the kids' school, or it's my parents. Money, money, money." Hobo

And how fucking selfish was that of me? The man she loves is dying and I'm bitching about a bit of cash? How awful is that?

And yet, I think things like that and then there's the other part of me that gets sick of me berating myself all the time. Saying "Give yourself a fucking break. Jesus." And there are those well-meaning friends and loved ones who would say the same thing to me aloud. That I am too hard on myself.

But unless I call myself out on the behavior, how can it be fixed? If you give yourself a break, won't you stagnate in the same behaviors and never, ever get better? I don't want that for myself. I don't want to accept myself as I am if I can be better, if I can do better, if I can treat myself and others better.

I feel as if, the moment you truly accept yourself as you are, is the moment you give up on growth. Maybe not. Maybe my thinking is faulty.

I don't even know what the fuck I am trying to say right now.

The contradictions I find within myself are immensely frustrating to me:

I want others to be happy, but I want myself to be happy too, and those two are seemingly always in conflict with one another.

I want to stand up for the things I believe in, and yet I don't want to fight.

I want to be myself, but myself needs much improving upon.

And on and on. I just... Facepalm Oye.

Overthinking, much? Jesus. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
19-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh, another contradiction:

I want independence, but I quite like being rescued. Blush

Le sigh. I will hopefully figure all this out yet.

19-05-2014, 10:16 PM
@EA. Hug

There are times...

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-05-2014, 10:18 PM
(19-05-2014 10:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  @EA. Hug

There are times...

Hug

Thanks, Moms. Hug

I'm having one of my over-analyzing moments. Blush

19-05-2014, 11:37 PM
(19-05-2014 10:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm having one of my over-analyzing moments. Blush

The trick is to take it out once it starts getting sore... Wink

Everyone has mean thoughts on occasion. It does no good to try and force yourself not to have them, it's like trying to force yourself not to have elephants.

Having a mean thought doesn't mean you're a meany, it just means... fucked if I know. But I get them too. You're not going to turn into some evil creature if you let yourself have such a thought on occasion.

In any case you beat yourself up at once, in your own head. So you don't lack compassion Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-05-2014, 12:16 AM
(19-05-2014 10:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 10:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  @EA. Hug

There are times...

Hug

Thanks, Moms. Hug

I'm having one of my over-analyzing moments. Blush

Heart ya

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Ranting corner
(19-05-2014 11:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 10:18 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm having one of my over-analyzing moments. Blush

The trick is to take it out once it starts getting sore... Wink

Everyone has mean thoughts on occasion. It does no good to try and force yourself not to have them, it's like trying to force yourself not to have elephants.

Having a mean thought doesn't mean you're a meany, it just means... fucked if I know. But I get them too. You're not going to turn into some evil creature if you let yourself have such a thought on occasion.

In any case you beat yourself up at once, in your own head. So you don't lack compassion Tongue

If it makes you feel any better, jealousy seems to be an evolutionary adaptation, rather than the maladaptive personal infirmity we've all been told it was by Goodall.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post