Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-09-2016, 03:36 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-09-2016 02:53 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm so fucking tired of all this auto correcting shit. I went to school, I paid attention, I can spell and at least, provide an educated guess if unfamiliar with a word I choose to use. I'll spell shit the way I want it spelled. I hate it when I feel trolled by my own machinery.

/rant Drinking Beverage

Spelling and grammar check are the first two things I turned off when using MS Word on a new machine at work. I know how to spell, and the dictionary gets an education from me. There is a ton of words that I use that aren't in the default dictionary. Their grammar correction is the worst. It seems to get subject-verb backwards almost every time. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-09-2016, 04:22 PM
Two overdraft fees this week. Facepalm

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
29-09-2016, 06:21 PM
(29-09-2016 04:22 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Two overdraft fees this week. Facepalm

You need a non-shit financial institution that covers your ass.
29-09-2016, 06:31 PM
(29-09-2016 04:22 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Two overdraft fees this week. Facepalm

"Overdraft protection"

What it sounds like to me: If I try to make a withdrawal with insufficient funds, I don't get the money.

What it means to the bank: If I try to make a withdrawal with insufficient funds, the bank gives me the money to "cover" me, then charges me $30+ for each overdraft.

Fuckers. Angry
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
29-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Then again, I went to an ATM that wouldn't give me the money on the weekend (maybe it was out; I don't recall the exact circumstances, except that I didn't get the cash). I tried several times. I went into branch on Monday morning and tried to get money, but I couldn't, because each time I tried, money was electronically removed from my account, until there was no more in it. The teller said, "Just give it a few days to clear up." She could see where the problem was. I said, "But it's MY money!". Got the runaround again. I didn't want to get proned in the bank, so I said, "As soon as this clears up, I'll take all my money out and go to a different bank." Which I did. I got a letter from that institution asking why I'd left and I laid it out just like it happened. I guess they really didn't want my business, as they never got back to me. Dodgy
30-09-2016, 05:55 AM
(29-09-2016 11:44 AM)kim Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 10:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know...it's weird isn't it?

I had lunch a week or so ago with a friend, she started talking about the 10 commandments and how no one can list them all.

I was able to...not in order tho.

That, I was told, didn't count. Laugh out load

So... listing them in order would count?
Consider
Does listing them in order count more if one is atheist? I think I May be able to one-up a christee.

Joyous is this day. Dodgy

No, unfortunately I have been down that path before. There is at least one passage in the bible that says that the devil knows the bible as well, but some how he will use it to trick you out of your faith. Therefore anything we atheists say about the bible is not valid even if it is a direct quote.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
30-09-2016, 06:53 AM
(29-09-2016 08:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Then again, I went to an ATM that wouldn't give me the money on the weekend (maybe it was out; I don't recall the exact circumstances, except that I didn't get the cash). I tried several times. I went into branch on Monday morning and tried to get money, but I couldn't, because each time I tried, money was electronically removed from my account, until there was no more in it. The teller said, "Just give it a few days to clear up." She could see where the problem was. I said, "But it's MY money!". Got the runaround again. I didn't want to get proned in the bank, so I said, "As soon as this clears up, I'll take all my money out and go to a different bank." Which I did. I got a letter from that institution asking why I'd left and I laid it out just like it happened. I guess they really didn't want my business, as they never got back to me. Dodgy

The bank wouldn't let you rent some money until they sorted it out?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
30-09-2016, 07:48 AM
(30-09-2016 06:53 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 08:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Then again, I went to an ATM that wouldn't give me the money on the weekend (maybe it was out; I don't recall the exact circumstances, except that I didn't get the cash). I tried several times. I went into branch on Monday morning and tried to get money, but I couldn't, because each time I tried, money was electronically removed from my account, until there was no more in it. The teller said, "Just give it a few days to clear up." She could see where the problem was. I said, "But it's MY money!". Got the runaround again. I didn't want to get proned in the bank, so I said, "As soon as this clears up, I'll take all my money out and go to a different bank." Which I did. I got a letter from that institution asking why I'd left and I laid it out just like it happened. I guess they really didn't want my business, as they never got back to me. Dodgy

The bank wouldn't let you rent some money until they sorted it out?

What, get a loan, when they're not letting me have what is rightfully mine? Nope.
30-09-2016, 12:59 PM
I've just been hired by a new school system to teach clarinet lessons after school for a few hours a week (yay) and this morning got a metric shit ton of paperwork that I have to fill out...tax forms, insurance forms even though I'm not going to be working enough hours to qualify for insurance, criminal background check form--that's been standard for years now--and now a new one--a fingerprint check! Which is gonna cost me $35 and which I have to get done this week.

I was able to schedule my fingerprint stuff for tomorrow morning. Hope the blister on my thumb from all the Ravel I had to practice this week doesn't screw up my prints.
01-10-2016, 07:26 AM
Hear that? 2am rain. Perfect writing conditions.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post