Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-03-2017, 08:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-03-2017 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe you should use some of your angry energy and work on getting something better than a less than minimum wage job. Or is someone stopping you from bettering your situation? $1200.00 a month/4.3 weeks/40 hours equals $6.98 an hour.

Something isn't adding up.

You can't afford rent, yet have Internet access. Your house burned down and you have pets. You might want to look at some of your priorities.

What's the real story? All we know for sure is that you are an angry individual who is being cheated and treated badly by everyone you encounter.

I make $12 before taxes. It goes to show you. People tell me that I make so little that I pay little to no tax and get it all or most of it back. I get taxed almost half apparently, and I even owe at the end of the year. All the shit that thinks they are scamming the system are killing me.

You are telling me that you get hit for a nearly 42% tax rate? I get hit for about half that rate. Texas has no state income tax withholding so that helps but I find it hard to believe that you are getting hit for taxes that high. Even in SC where there is a state income tax I wasn't having 42% of income withheld.

I think you are full of shit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-03-2017, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 08:47 AM by Shai Hulud.)
[Image: C0iD0fJ.png]

So that was in my feed this morning; Mr. Holier Than Thou Youth Minister with his Associates wanting everyone to see how holy he is.

Edit: He's a on a roll right now:

[Image: TwZL1UH.png]

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-03-2017, 08:22 AM
(03-03-2017 08:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I make $12 before taxes. It goes to show you. People tell me that I make so little that I pay little to no tax and get it all or most of it back. I get taxed almost half apparently, and I even owe at the end of the year. All the shit that thinks they are scamming the system are killing me.

You are telling me that you get hit for a nearly 42% tax rate? I get hit for about half that rate. Texas has no state income tax withholding so that helps but I find it hard to believe that you are getting hit for taxes that high. Even in SC where there is a state income tax I wasn't having 42% of income withheld.

I think you are full of shit.

It's OK. His best buddy Trump is gonna fix all that, ain't that right, Birdy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-03-2017, 08:24 AM
(03-03-2017 07:25 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Here we go.
Free phones for welfare.
What snopes says.

Proof that welfare leaches get free phones.
I did read what snopes had to say about it. I still feel it is wrong. If you can show a paycheck and justify having free airtime in case you need to call your employer, you should get airtime. If you are just a welfare leach, you should only be able to dial 911 with it in emergencies and it sure as shit should not have wifi capabilities.
You should understand why I am angry.

If you read the snopes article:
Quote: Imagine for a moment what your life would be like without a phone, corded or wireless. How would you contact emergency services if there was a fire or a serious injury? How would you contact a potential new employer, or keep in touch with a current one? How would you contact your utility company about a power outage, or a doctor about your sick child? How would you keep in touch with your loved ones and your community? In this day and age, telecommunications services are a real necessity, and not being able to afford them is a real liability.

I mean, actually read it and not just skip the bits you don't like, obviously. What problem do you have with this program Birdy? You'd rather your tax dollars were spent on a nuclear submarine right?

ETA:
Quote:The Lifeline program is not directly subsidized by taxpayer monies. It is paid for out of the federal Universal Service Fund (USF) through a fee assessed against telecommunications service providers, who may or may not pass those costs along to their customers

What a miserable fuck you are, to be sure Smile

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2017, 08:27 AM
(03-03-2017 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I make $12 before taxes.

A year?

Seems about right.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
03-03-2017, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 09:01 AM by earmuffs.)
(02-03-2017 09:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. taking a small personal loan out with the bank to consolidate the last of my debt. I can get super low interest rates because where I work works with my bank so I get super low interest rates because of it. Annnd maybe getting a little extra.. for a new.. motorbike.. *ducks for cover and hides* In my defense it's half the price of the one I was looking at and about a quarter of the price I need to start my business, it's cheaper to run and insure, I can afford everything and having transport beyond a fucking bicycle will allow me to seek better employment anyway where I'm not limited to the dying city center where businesses are leaving and not hiring. Plus I miss having a motorbike so bad. Like so fucking bad.
Oh, plus all the nonsense about being able to go see family and them not needing to drive an hour each way to pick me up blah blah. Please don't judge my bad financial decisions too harshly. Also, it may not even be accepted.

It's been quite a while since your motorbike was stolen...I think it's time for you to have another one. Just make sure you have a place to keep it secure.

Right! I mean I'm 25 and I don't have personal transport beyond a bicycle.
It's depressing.

Quote:I worry about you enough...

Yea.. it might be best to not show a picture of the motorbike I'd get too...
If I'm gonna kill myself on a motorbike it'd be on this thing.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-03-2017, 09:09 AM
(03-03-2017 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Maybe you should use some of your angry energy and work on getting something better than a less than minimum wage job. Or is someone stopping you from bettering your situation? $1200.00 a month/4.3 weeks/40 hours equals $6.98 an hour.

Something isn't adding up.

You can't afford rent, yet have Internet access. Your house burned down and you have pets. You might want to look at some of your priorities.

What's the real story? All we know for sure is that you are an angry individual who is being cheated and treated badly by everyone you encounter.

I make $12 before taxes. It goes to show you. People tell me that I make so little that I pay little to no tax and get it all or most of it back. I get taxed almost half apparently, and I even owe at the end of the year. All the shit that thinks they are scamming the system are killing me.

If I recall correctly, according to info you posted last year, you owe at tax time because your wife doesn't pay any estimated taxes...so you're essentially paying a small penalty for getting the use of her whole income through the year.

Also, you're acting as if every item taken out of your paycheck is a federal tax. You also have state taxes taken out, which pay for road, police, schools, etc., and your Social Security tax. Of course SS is not so much a tax as a way to compel you to put part of your current income towards savings for your retirement. Once you access your SS benefits as a senior (assuming you live that long), you almost certainly will receive significantly more than you ever contributed to this fund.
03-03-2017, 09:27 AM
(03-03-2017 09:09 AM)julep Wrote:  If I recall correctly, according to info you posted last year, you owe at tax time because your wife doesn't pay any estimated taxes...so you're essentially paying a small penalty for getting the use of her whole income through the year.

Also, you're acting as if every item taken out of your paycheck is a federal tax. You also have state taxes taken out, which pay for road, police, schools, etc., and your Social Security tax. Of course SS is not so much a tax as a way to compel you to put part of your current income towards savings for your retirement. Once you access your SS benefits as a senior (assuming you live that long), you almost certainly will receive significantly more than you ever contributed to this fund.

B-b-b-but those POOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING ARE LIVING ON MY DIME!!!

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2017, 09:42 AM
(03-03-2017 08:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Right! I mean I'm 25 and I don't have personal transport beyond a bicycle.
It's depressing.

Forgive me, but...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I'll be 62 in about a week, and my only personal transportation is a bicycle -- and this has been the case since 1991 (i.e., for about as long as you've been alive). And I'm fine with that. Riding the bike keeps me healthy, and all that money that I'm not spending on a car is available for other stuff. I'm livin' the high life, baby!

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
03-03-2017, 10:12 AM
(03-03-2017 09:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:09 AM)julep Wrote:  If I recall correctly, according to info you posted last year, you owe at tax time because your wife doesn't pay any estimated taxes...so you're essentially paying a small penalty for getting the use of her whole income through the year.

B-b-b-but those POOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING ARE LIVING ON MY DIME!!!

All I am asking is that the finer things in life smartphones with wifi, cars, the latest computer, among other things should be something you actually work for. You refuse to work, you get a crappy flip phone that can only dial out to 911 in emergencies. If you can even show that you work a few hours a week, we should help you. If you refuse to do anything at all, you should get bare minimum and it should be inspiration for you to find some type of work.