Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
26-01-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Sorry things are still a struggle Muffsy...congrats on the baby news and meeting someone awesome!

Hope this all works out well for you soon.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks.

Shit always works out.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
26-01-2013, 11:43 PM
(26-01-2013 08:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My brother-in-law whom I've never met and who apparently also lives in Wellington (his brother is going to marry my sister, and I just learnt the other day they're having a baby together so I'm gonna be an uncle) kicked ass and got a trailer and let me store all my shit in his garage.
Totally awesome guy, he's like almost his families version of me. If he was 6 years younger, a foot or two taller and a lot more narcisstic and racist that resemblence would be uncanny.

So I'm staying with my parents, which I really didn't want to do, until I can sort some paper work shit out for a place I could have back down in Wellington.

It's fucking frustrtating to say the least.
I've been there a few times myself. It sucks ass.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
27-01-2013, 06:23 AM
(26-01-2013 08:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My brother-in-law whom I've never met and who apparently also lives in Wellington (his brother is going to marry my sister, and I just learnt the other day they're having a baby together so I'm gonna be an uncle) kicked ass and got a trailer and let me store all my shit in his garage.
Totally awesome guy, he's like almost his families version of me. If he was 6 years younger, a foot or two taller and a lot more narcisstic and racist that resemblence would be uncanny.

So I'm staying with my parents, which I really didn't want to do, until I can sort some paper work shit out for a place I could have back down in Wellington.

So you just rubbed some fucking dirt on it and are trying again. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-01-2013, 11:17 AM

Wait...youre staying with...your parents? Big Grin

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
27-01-2013, 01:37 PM
"Fucking hell, he’d never wanted to worship the law of gravity before, but he did now: He wanted to prostrate himself at Newton’s altar and weep with gratitude for the blessing that made all things fall to the goddamn ground."

A man in his forties, just because some broad has just let her robe fall to the ground and he can see her boobs.

[Image: tumblr_lydnhkrFiG1qbmsm9o1_500.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
27-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Vera I sure hope your translating work pays really, really well. I can find nothing else good in it.

Is this all the same author?

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
27-01-2013, 02:14 PM
(27-01-2013 01:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  "Fucking hell, he’d never wanted to worship the law of gravity before, but he did now: He wanted to prostrate himself at Newton’s altar and weep with gratitude for the blessing that made all things fall to the goddamn ground."

A man in his forties, just because some broad has just let her robe fall to the ground and he can see her boobs.

[Image: tumblr_lydnhkrFiG1qbmsm9o1_500.gif]

I would nominate that for the least worst sentence you've quoted. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2013, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2013 03:16 PM by Vera.)
Well, it doesn't pay nearly enough. Actually, you get more money for translating documents, but I hate that, it's boring and has other drawbacks.

Luckily, it's not the same author (not like at my previous translation job - I did about 12 books by the same author, R. A. Salvatore - by the end he was like a personal friend... I could finish his sentences without reading them). Plus, my editor knows I hate this one, so he rarely gives me her books, but sometimes it's inevitable. Most of them are pretty crappy but this one is by far the worst. And the ego on that creature. Unbelievable!

EDIT: @Chas. Not seconded. That's way pathetic, she's trying way way too hard. And failing miserably. Though the rest may just have been even worse, I'll give you that.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
27-01-2013, 04:35 PM
(26-01-2013 11:43 PM)smidgen Wrote:  

I've been there a few times myself. It sucks ass.

It certainly does.

Quote:So you just rubbed some fucking dirt on it and are trying again. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

I don't even know what that means so I will just nod my head and agree. Yes I am.

Quote:Wait...youre staying with...your parents? [Image: biggrin.gif]

LOL. (inside joke)

Quote:Fucking hell, he’d never wanted to
worship the law of gravity before, but he did now: He wanted to
prostrate himself at Newton’s altar and weep with gratitude for the
blessing that made all things fall to the goddamn ground."

Don't worry Vera, my erotic novel, "50 Shades of Disapointmen - A realistic tale of young love" is coming along nicely. So hopefully it wont be something shite for you to read.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post