Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Holy shit!

I can browse the internet through Steam?!?

That's fucking pointless!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-01-2013, 05:17 PM
(27-01-2013 02:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  Well, it doesn't pay nearly enough. Actually, you get more money for translating documents, but I hate that, it's boring and has other drawbacks.

Luckily, it's not the same author (not like at my previous translation job - I did about 12 books by the same author, R. A. Salvatore - by the end he was like a personal friend... I could finish his sentences without reading them). Plus, my editor knows I hate this one, so he rarely gives me her books, but sometimes it's inevitable. Most of them are pretty crappy but this one is by far the worst. And the ego on that creature. Unbelievable!

EDIT: @Chas. Not seconded. That's way pathetic, she's trying way way too hard. And failing miserably. Though the rest may just have been even worse, I'll give you that.

You will note I said "least worst". Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2013, 06:16 PM
All I want is my fucking car back. Angry

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
27-01-2013, 11:14 PM
(27-01-2013 06:16 PM)smidgen Wrote:  All I want is my fucking car back. Angry
That sounds like fun Big Grin
28-01-2013, 02:11 AM
I want it to be spring again, so I can stop driving my car and get back on my motorcycle...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
28-01-2013, 02:21 AM
(28-01-2013 02:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I want it to be spring again, so I can stop driving my car and get back on my motorcycle...
Or you know.. You could drink a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
28-01-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 09:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-01-2013 01:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  "Fucking hell, he’d never wanted to worship the law of gravity before, but he did now: He wanted to prostrate himself at Newton’s altar and weep with gratitude for the blessing that made all things fall to the goddamn ground."

A man in his forties, just because some broad has just let her robe fall to the ground and he can see her boobs.

Was he looking at a woman in her forties? 'Cause if so, neither one of them is gonna be grateful "for the blessing that made all things fall to the goddamn ground." ... Before you go all beating the shit out of me and shit, ManlyGirl agrees. Tongue

(28-01-2013 02:21 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-01-2013 02:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I want it to be spring again, so I can stop driving my car and get back on my motorcycle...
Or you know.. You could drink a cup of concrete and harden the fuck up.

See, you do know what "just rub some dirt on it" means, you just didn't know it. Tongue

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, since I couldn't find the "Good Day" thread, I'll post it here.

Finally moving out of the house, moving in with a roommate. Can't wait to get out of the house and be more of myself. Big Grin

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Near's post
28-01-2013, 11:22 PM
The school term just started up! Year 12 at last!

Spent the entire 6 hour day at what could be best described as over long briefings. We weren't even shown around the new "wing" of the school so I'm going to have to spend some time hunting down my Modern History class, because we have no map this year. No map, not shown around. Recipe for success right there school admin.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
29-01-2013, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 06:14 AM by Vera.)
(28-01-2013 09:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Was he looking at a woman in her forties? 'Cause if so, neither one of them is gonna be grateful "for the blessing that made all things fall to the goddamn ground." ... Before you go all beating the shit out of me and shit, ManlyGirl agrees.
First off, I'm not the violent type. Not in the least Angel

Second off, just how stupid do you think I am? That was the first thought that popped into my head when I saw gravity and boobs in the same sentence. Thought she'd finally gone off her fugly rocker... but sadly, no... (And the woman was in her 300s Laughat )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A bit of ranting... Filox 26 1,196 07-08-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: bemore
  I just felt like ranting, like CYTB often does. itsFerdinand 10 780 02-12-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor