Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
06-05-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Was accused of being a "Perpetual Victim" because I'm an atheist and that this person would not delete me from facebook because it would push my "atheist agenda" so i told him id solve that problem for him and deleted him, after subtly telling him what a fuck-wit he is.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-05-2013, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know that feel.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
06-05-2013, 03:37 AM
(06-05-2013 02:11 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  after subtly telling him what a fuck-wit he is.

Didja say "You're a fuck-wit" ? 'Cos ya know, that's... not exactly subtle Big Grin
06-05-2013, 06:24 AM
I really need to piss right now.

Yea, I think I'm gonna go piss. The warmth of the room no longer trumps the need to piss.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
06-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Okay, can someone please tell me what I'm missing in the following passage! I honestly fail to see the connection. Is "what next and next" a saying that I've never heard of? I'll be the first to admit that my brain hasn't been firing on all cylinders lately, but still... Consider

“Does it seem likely Mortmain would have shared with him his true plans?”
“What next and next?” The Consul’s voice was snappish, but also deadly cold.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
06-05-2013, 10:08 AM
The only place I've seen the words "what next and next" is in Richard Cobden's "pamphlet", from 1856.

http://oll.libertyfund.org/?option=com_s...&Itemid=27

I don't know the context in which it is used in Clockwork Princess, but maybe it is referencing the political situation in some way.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
06-05-2013, 10:32 AM
(06-05-2013 10:08 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  The only place I've seen the words "what next and next" is in Richard Cobden's "pamphlet", from 1856.

http://oll.libertyfund.org/?option=com_s...&Itemid=27

I don't know the context in which it is used in Clockwork Princess, but maybe it is referencing the political situation in some way.

Someone's very thorough if they've even found out the name of my book Thumbsup

Yeah, that was the only real instance I found of this "phrase", too, but it's way too long to actually read, for a single phrase, so I figured maybe native speakers knew something I didn't.

Oh well, worth a try. Thanks Smile

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-05-2013, 10:36 AM
(06-05-2013 03:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 02:11 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  after subtly telling him what a fuck-wit he is.

Didja say "You're a fuck-wit" ? 'Cos ya know, that's... not exactly subtle Big Grin

Ha! Naw, but in hindsight I wish I hadn't been so subtle.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
06-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Why is it that every woman I ever get even remotely close to tells me that she "doesn't know what love is", and then uses that as a reason to pull away from me? I mean, sure, I have my moments when I pull away. That's because I get really fucking scared of where my feelings for them might take me, and I don't want to get hurt. But why do I feel the need to take that precaution? Because always, after extensive periods of time spent with a person who tells me over and over again that they love me; they turn around and decide they don't know what love is anymore and they bolt; leaving me to wonder what all those months and even years of "love" were, then.

The real irony is when they do this after swearing to me that they're "not like the other women you've been with. Not all women are the same."

I talk a lot about observable, testable, REtestable and consistent evidence for things, and how that type of evidence is how we know what's true. Well I've observed this. It's been demonstrated. It's been REdemonstrated. And it's been pretty fucking consistent. Sorry, ladies, but I have no choice but to draw a very singular conclusion.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2013, 03:31 PM
(06-05-2013 02:08 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The real irony is when they do this after swearing to me that they're "not like the other women you've been with. Not all women are the same."

If someone told me that, "they were not like other women I've been with", I might inquire how they knew what women I'd been with. I might also want to know how many women they'd been with and in what capacity - control group, perhaps?

Maybe the women you meet have an agenda. They certainly seem to have some preconceived notion of what they think you might expect in a woman.

Perhaps, when a woman finally admits she "doesn't know what love is", it has nothing to do with you. It's probably all about her... and maybe, it always was. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post