Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
28-12-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-12-2013 06:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  WTF?! You had to pay $2,000 because a cop "felt" your car was suspicious..?
That's total bullshit, I'd fight that.

$200, yes.

The Constable has not called back. I am appealing for a refund on principle. The whole thing was kinda ridunkulous.

We'll see what happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
28-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Damn LJ,
How does a car 'look suspicious'? Does it have beady little headlights?

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-12-2013, 01:38 PM
(28-12-2013 12:46 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  On another note, the car was never broken into. The police officer just thought the car looked suspicious in a parking lot on Christmas morning, so he impounded it. I swear he looked for problems that weren't there. It cost close to $200 to pick it up for no reason at all. People keep saying that at least I don't have to pay for theft damage- but the whole thing didn't have to happen at all? I'm usually a glass half full kind of person, but seriously. Lame-O.

Fucken dick. May he get the shits.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2013, 02:51 PM
(28-12-2013 01:32 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(28-12-2013 06:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  WTF?! You had to pay $2,000 because a cop "felt" your car was suspicious..?
That's total bullshit, I'd fight that.

$200, yes.

The Constable has not called back. I am appealing for a refund on principle. The whole thing was kinda ridunkulous.

We'll see what happens.

Good, don't take their shit. Just because their cops doesn't mean they can do whatever the fuck they please whenever the fuck they want.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
28-12-2013, 05:41 PM
(28-12-2013 01:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Damn LJ,
How does a car 'look suspicious'? Does it have beady little headlights?

[Image: 6suLh27431.jpg]

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 6 users Like Free Thought's post
28-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Talk about illegal, blocking the rear license plate... tut tut

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-12-2013, 12:44 AM
So, I came back to my mother's house yesterday because it is quieter and the Internet is better than at my father's.

Both of those has been rendered moot today: The internet is fucking shit again for some yet unknown reason and no human in their right mind who has even partially functioning ears could describe it as quite.

The Powers That Be (the adults) and a radio attached to a big, powerful speaker and are currently blasting pop 'music' through it at a volume that I can only reasonably describe as 'obscenely loud' even through one think wall and a floor, not to mention how ear-splitting it is should I decide to be and get a drink of water from the kitchen near it or get something to eat.

And about 5-10 minutes ago it was at a volume which honestly makes me wonder why the neighbours did not call the police to report noise-based disturbance.

I personally have no objections to them enjoying the audiological vomit which people call pop music, but I question as to why I should be able to hear it from the exact opposite of the house with two walls and a floor in between the generator of the sound.

In fact, it was so bad earlier that I honestly think I may have health issues from it. For some years now - now they have just turned it up higher - I have been hearing a high-pitch screen in my ears, all the time. The only time this stops is generally when my attention is drawn away by other, loud sound. The noise now seems to be TWICE as loud in my ears as it was yesterday. Not only that, but being very sensitive to certain, external sounds, it is actually very stressing to heard very loud things, or even things in general, especially if they are outside my choice, which leads to me almost breaking down when I don't get relief from aforementioned noise. (thank fuck they have stopped for the time being now).

And I know that I can't ask them to turn their music down when it is too loud because they (typically my mother) will become instantly irate regardless of my reasons, often saying things like "We can't have our music!" or "What, can't we relax with some music?", which is completely unfair to me or anybody else in the fucking area.

One of the few things I genuinely want in life is peace and quite, and no matter what I do, it seems that I will never achieve it, given the unending ring in my ears becoming all the more noticeable in silence, which ultimately makes days like these all the more agitating to deal with.

Sick of people making noise like that and not thinking about others; I TRY, I really fucking try my best to stay quite and keep to myself, to the point where I have developed a powerful physical aversion to even asking my parents or siblings for things in the effort to keep to myself and some times I get loud, but I can't help losing my temper when I have to keep to my self and quite as possible out of consideration of others all the time, but does anybody else even think of this or my clear dislike of loud noise? No. Not one single fuck ever seems to be given.

I needed to vent (and they fucking started again. You are less than 6 metres away from the radio IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE SO FUCKING LOUD, you horrid, inattentive, almost uncaring, inconsiderate excuses for parental figures!).

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
29-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Took my wife out to the movies and shopping today in the city. That combines about everything I hate all rolled up together, but I love my wife, so I do it from time to time. When I got out of movies, I realized I had left my headlights on. Battery was dead, it was below freezing out, but still raining. Additionally, my jumper cables had be taken, by my wife. After walking to the nearest Walmart and spending 40 bucks on a decent pair jumper cables, in the freezing rain, my cloth shoes, which were not at all designed for this shit, was soaked. After the trek back to the theater in soggy, frozen shoes, I spent 20 minutes trying to get someone to jumpstart me. As it turns out, when folks see a guy trying to wave them down in shit weather at night wearing a thin rain jacket than goes to their knees, they aren't really receptive. A nice fellow eventually volunteered, however he had an expensive luxury car and the battery was located under the car. After reading his manual for 15 additional minutes, whilst I stood in the shit weather I was finally off to go shopping for 2 more hours...in my soggy shoes. That is all.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
29-12-2013, 04:52 PM
I have a hankering for that slice with the biscuit on the bottom, marshmallow in the middle and jelly on top.
I don't know what it's called but I really feel like it.

Here it is.

[Image: 1426470_608087279228721_1644702051_n.jpg]

29-12-2013, 04:57 PM
(29-12-2013 12:58 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Took my wife out to the movies and shopping today in the city. That combines about everything I hate all rolled up together, but I love my wife, so I do it from time to time. When I got out of movies, I realized I had left my headlights on. Battery was dead, it was below freezing out, but still raining. Additionally, my jumper cables had be taken, by my wife. After walking to the nearest Walmart and spending 40 bucks on a decent pair jumper cables, in the freezing rain, my cloth shoes, which were not at all designed for this shit, was soaked. After the trek back to the theater in soggy, frozen shoes, I spent 20 minutes trying to get someone to jumpstart me. As it turns out, when folks see a guy trying to wave them down in shit weather at night wearing a thin rain jacket than goes to their knees, they aren't really receptive. A nice fellow eventually volunteered, however he had an expensive luxury car and the battery was located under the car. After reading his manual for 15 additional minutes, whilst I stood in the shit weather I was finally off to go shopping for 2 more hours...in my soggy shoes. That is all.

I'm sure she'll make it up to you.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A bit of ranting... Filox 26 1,200 07-08-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: bemore
  I just felt like ranting, like CYTB often does. itsFerdinand 10 781 02-12-2011 11:25 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor