Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
28-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Ranting corner
Sometimes you feel like ranting, I thought why not have a bit of room where you can randomly rant.

I give it a headstart with my short rant

I hate it when I am in a forum (no matter which), reading a topic and suddenly find a comment like this "we talked about this already, here is the link..." or "not again! come on we had this topic three times already!" etc. you get where I'm going.

That's so annoying!

A forum is there to talk about things. To have a conversation.

If I talk to my brother about the sun and the next day my neighbour tells me about the sun. I am not telling him "come on, I talked about the sun yesterday already. Here listen to the tape, I recorded it, if you have something to add you can come back to me."

Sorry this is not how conversations work. Something new might come up, new members join all the time and want to talk it off their chest (whatever it is). Everyone thinks that what they have to say is a bit different from what has been there in the past.
The good thing is, this is the internet, so you do not have to click the thread or read it all if you know all the points already.
If it annoys you, ignore it. Works fine, trust me.

I have seen interesting forums die from exactly that, especially forums that had it in the rules, kinda like "don't start a thread that has been there already"
I had my own forum in the past and it worked just fine even with threads that came again in variations. The only thing I did was pointing out that they might find some helpful information in the old threads, too.

ok, done,
thanks for the attention *hides*

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like Leela's post
28-12-2011, 06:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
We have this thread somewhere else already Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like Malleus's post
28-12-2011, 07:00 PM
You know, this community is still young and growing very quickly. With all of these new members (including me), repeated threads are likely to happen. Dead threads likely to be revived. Get used to it.

My Blog
[+] 4 users Like dreamingfifi's post
28-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I like the idea of a rant thread, ive been using the SHOUT BOX thread up till now. If it proves popular i'll see about getting it stickied as we all need somewhere to have a rant now and then.
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
28-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Smile
The reason we place links to the pre existing thread is to keep the number of similar threads to a minimum not to prevent anyone from talking about the subject. It's not usually meant as an insult it's just one of the things we are here for.
But I get the idea.

My rant would be an unrelated one. I hate drivers. Bunch of careless individuals. Not all drivers, that's just me being a dick. I have the capacity to like anyone, but as a majority, drivers (those who drive frequently) I find the skill to be poor, the understanding of the laws minimal, and the attention paid to other drivers and pedestrians to be less than evident. I also find that most drivers including ones I personally know, seem to have forgotten or at least hidden into the backs of their minds the fact that the vehicle they are driving is heavy, fast, and more difficult to control when needed. It's taken for granted that the person driving will reach their destination much faster than walking, and at more convenience than public transit.
I haven't met a bad driver yet (like seriously bad) who were actually aware of how bad they were. I have heard them bitch about other drivers who were actually driving properly.
I also get irritated when I'm in a car with someone and they moan about some pedestrian being in there way, as if the world was only for drivers and all others are just in the way. Everyone seems to forget that even though some pedestrians break the rules and actually do get in peoples way by doing stupid things... legally the pedestrian almost always has the right of way, not the other way around. I'm betting it's because if a pedestrian hits your car, it gets a dent at most... a car hits a pedestrian they die. Painfully. Now they might not die, but if they don't it's not like they are going to be likely to just get up and be all like.. oops sorry bout that, have a good day.
Also drivers, take note of this. You hit my kid, and I'm still alive. I will kill you. I'm not kidding in the slightest. I will kill you dead. And I will take my time. So pay attention.

Now that's a fucking rant.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 14 users Like lucradis's post
29-12-2011, 06:13 AM
oh and about traffic! Thanks for that!
bikers... careless bikers! not saying all bikers are careless but oh my spagettimonster there are a ton of those ... not giving hand signs, no lights, no bright clothing, nothing. Driving around like they are the kings of the road and obviously missing the fact that a car is able to break their bones. They simply trust everyone else that they hit the breaks in time.
What's the problem? Is it so difficult to give a handsign and have the lighs on?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
29-12-2011, 11:27 AM
FUCK!!!

whew.. thanks

Needed to get that out of my system.. I feel better now.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
29-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Written conversation takes more effort than spoken conversation.

I know I've exhaustively explained things many times. It's just easier to direct them to the thread; however, I will usually C&P the pertinent parts from the old topic in the new topic for easy reading.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
29-12-2011, 12:03 PM
What happened Resident Evil Proud Father now? Immaculate spontaneous conception? Rethinking the evil gig now that there's young'uns to consider?

Man... being Evil ain't all it's cracked up to be. Angel

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
29-12-2011, 07:43 PM
(29-12-2011 12:03 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What happened Resident Evil Proud Father now? Immaculate spontaneous conception? Rethinking the evil gig now that there's young'uns to consider?

Man... being Evil ain't all it's cracked up to be. Angel

The Cantor has become the Ranter!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My