Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Almost forgot about my scintillating conversation with my son-in-law's mother last night.

I leaned forward to say hello to her. My daughter's friend was sitting between us. I asked how she was. She said she was so glad it was Friday though I am not sure why since she doesn't work or do much of anything else. She asked how I was and how work is. I told her I was quite happy to have been able to leave work a little early because another department was moving to our building and IT had to take down the network so I couldn't work any more.

She proceeded to tell me a story about how when she worked in the doctor's office they had a little refrigerator and she used to forget to close the door.

The kids were lining up on stage and the MC came out to ask people to wait to take photos until after the concert. My daughter's friend whispered, "Saved by the music."

I will probably never find out how the open fridge story ended or what it had to do with our network servers being moved.

Sleep will be lost over this compelling mystery. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2015, 11:37 AM
(21-03-2015 11:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Almost forgot about my scintillating conversation with my son-in-law's mother last night.

I leaned forward to say hello to her. My daughter's friend was sitting between us. I asked how she was. She said she was so glad it was Friday though I am not sure why since she doesn't work or do much of anything else. She asked how I was and how work is. I told her I was quite happy to have been able to leave work a little early because another department was moving to our building and IT had to take down the network so I couldn't work any more.

She proceeded to tell me a story about how when she worked in the doctor's office they had a little refrigerator and she used to forget to close the door.

The kids were lining up on stage and the MC came out to ask people to wait to take photos until after the concert. My daughter's friend whispered, "Saved by the music."

I will probably never find out how the open fridge story ended or what it had to do with our network servers being moved.

I'm sure the lack of sleep will continue for days after being left on such a cliffhanger. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-03-2015, 11:41 AM
(21-03-2015 11:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 11:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Almost forgot about my scintillating conversation with my son-in-law's mother last night.

I'm sure the lack of sleep will continue for days after being left on such a cliffhanger. Smile

My daughter called to tell me that they came home and found a large wet area on the carpet in front of their TV in the living room. Mother-in-law had shampooed her car mats there so she could watch TV while she did it.

And she figured it would actually clean a bit of the carpet so it was okay.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2015, 11:46 AM
(21-03-2015 11:41 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 11:37 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sure the lack of sleep will continue for days after being left on such a cliffhanger. Smile

My daughter called to tell me that they came home and found a large wet area on the carpet in front of their TV in the living room. Mother-in-law had shampooed her car mats there so she could watch TV while she did it.

And she figured it would actually clean a bit of the carpet so it was okay.

Facepalm

Wow, how thoughtful. Cleaning those car mats can be so bothersome.

Meanwhile my mother in law said she was "locked out" of her computer. Turned out she had 40 tabs open. Her browser just refused to open 41.

21-03-2015, 12:57 PM
(20-03-2015 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, so at least the concert was short...but.........

I looked at the program before it began and there were to be six songs. Not too bad. Hmmm....the fourth one is Battle of Jericho, the only name familiar to me. Then they start the first song...it starts to sink in and I leaned over to my daughter and whispered, "This is a hymn." I looked back at the list of songs and didn't recognize any other titles.

Second song - it's a freaking hymn! I grabbed the program and flipped it over to the description of the director of this soiree. Third paragraph - Mrs. Meek has published children's choir curricula for Lifeway Christian Resources and for Celebrating Grace, Inc.....

My daughter's friend leaned over and asked if I was okay with the choice of songs because she wasn't. I pointed to the above noted paragraph. She read it and looked at me and I said, "My taxes are paying for this." Needless to say, neither of us were happy with this since it's a public school district putting this on and practices were led by public school teachers during school hours.

The last two songs were typical kid songs with no religious overtones but I left there mad as hell that this shit is allowed.

140 kids from 10 schools and no one raised a fuss about this during the planning stages?!?!?!?

What a bunch of crap. Dodgy

Welcome to Texas. Undecided

No one makes a fuss because everybody around here wants the religious shit in schools. Dodgy

21-03-2015, 01:01 PM
My spidey sense is totally tingling.

Something is NOT right. Dodgy

21-03-2015, 01:08 PM
(21-03-2015 01:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My spidey sense is totally tingling.

TTA or IRL? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2015, 01:28 PM
(21-03-2015 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 01:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My spidey sense is totally tingling.

TTA or IRL? Consider

Little of both....

It's damned irregular.

21-03-2015, 01:31 PM
(21-03-2015 12:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(20-03-2015 07:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, so at least the concert was short...but.........

I looked at the program before it began and there were to be six songs. Not too bad. Hmmm....the fourth one is Battle of Jericho, the only name familiar to me. Then they start the first song...it starts to sink in and I leaned over to my daughter and whispered, "This is a hymn." I looked back at the list of songs and didn't recognize any other titles.

Second song - it's a freaking hymn! I grabbed the program and flipped it over to the description of the director of this soiree. Third paragraph - Mrs. Meek has published children's choir curricula for Lifeway Christian Resources and for Celebrating Grace, Inc.....

My daughter's friend leaned over and asked if I was okay with the choice of songs because she wasn't. I pointed to the above noted paragraph. She read it and looked at me and I said, "My taxes are paying for this." Needless to say, neither of us were happy with this since it's a public school district putting this on and practices were led by public school teachers during school hours.

The last two songs were typical kid songs with no religious overtones but I left there mad as hell that this shit is allowed.

140 kids from 10 schools and no one raised a fuss about this during the planning stages?!?!?!?

What a bunch of crap. Dodgy

Welcome to Texas. Undecided

No one makes a fuss because everybody around here wants the religious shit in schools. Dodgy

I sent Aron Ra a message on Facebook and he sent me his email address. This weekend I will put together an email and scan the program. Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2015, 01:33 PM
(21-03-2015 01:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-03-2015 12:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Welcome to Texas. Undecided

I sent Aron Ra a message on Facebook and he sent me his email address. This weekend I will put together an email and scan the program. Thumbsup

Ooooooh awesome!!!!!