Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
Yesterday, 05:25 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(Yesterday 04:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(Yesterday 04:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We moved his desk and the bookcase to different walls.

The bed will be a full size and there wouldn't be enough room between the closet and bed for the bookcase to remain there. I guess he'll need a night stand or two for the bed eventually.

The high boy is on the other side, we might need to move it down a little so it's more centered with the wall.

His desk we moved to in front of the window, the one change he liked, because now he can look outside. He'll also be able to use his laptop easier on the new bed, because it's not a bottom bunk, larger and not as awkward.

Did you find any playboy magazines? Big Grin

Nope...not a one. He's on the spectrum for autism, so I'm not sure he'd think that's appropriate.

He's weird that way.

Now his older brother....he said he don't need no damn magazines. That's what the Internet is for.

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. -- Anais Nin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 05:25 PM
I knew the comforter wouldn't fit, just thought of it as more of a temporary security blanket thing.

Bed kilt - I like that...you should copyright the name. I bet there are other boys who aren't thrilled at the idea of a bed skirt. Big Grin

fun facts - My best friend's husband has been at Lands End since he got out of high school, she has been there going on twenty years.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
Yesterday, 06:14 PM
(Yesterday 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I knew the comforter wouldn't fit, just thought of it as more of a temporary security blanket thing.

Bed kilt - I like that...you should copyright the name. I bet there are other boys who aren't thrilled at the idea of a bed skirt. Big Grin

fun facts - My best friend's husband has been at Lands End since he got out of high school, she has been there going on twenty years.

Yeah, he's ok with letting it go. He said he's excited to use the new stuff.

But he did say he won't use all the pillows (the set came with two throw pillows). I can take pictures of the room with the new stuff, including all the pillows. But after the picture is snapped, he's taking them off. Laugh out load

Yesterday, 06:21 PM
(Yesterday 06:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(Yesterday 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I knew the comforter wouldn't fit, just thought of it as more of a temporary security blanket thing.

Yeah, he's ok with letting it go. He said he's excited to use the new stuff.

But he did say he won't use all the pillows (the set came with two throw pillows). I can take pictures of the room with the new stuff, including all the pillows. But after the picture is snapped, he's taking them off. Laugh out load

That's an acceptable compromise. Can't have throw pillows girling up the bed kilt. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
Yesterday, 06:24 PM
(Yesterday 06:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(Yesterday 06:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, he's ok with letting it go. He said he's excited to use the new stuff.

That's an acceptable compromise. Can't have throw pillows girling up the bed kilt. Tongue

Oh I know, right? The whole bed kilt is cracking me up.

Yesterday, 07:10 PM
Ugh...my back hurts. Dragged the air hockey table down three flights of stairs and to get the thing into the basement.

It's funny the thing was upstairs for years the kids rarely played it.

It's in the basement for 5 minutes and they're all lined up to use it.

Omg tho my back is killing me. I'm getting my exercise for the day.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Can I get some opinions on this for shop signage/logo/brand?

[Image: signage.jpg]

So the idea is on a white background you have checkpoint written in blue and than the black lettering on inch thick bits metal/wood ontop of the blue so you can see this blue border around the black popped-out lettering. And white background because any other colour would look stupid and 'too much'. White is crisp and clean.

Not too sure about the font (I'm also like 80% sure it's royalty free, I should really look into that). I dunno if I wanna go this weird font or go with something just simple but nice looking.

I wanted to go with white with red trim because white with red trim looks good but EB Games already took that so I went complete opposite (literally) with black and blue.
Black and blue still looks good and stands out.

The name is fucking brilliant if I don't say so myself. I went through a lot of names but that one is by far the best.
Checkpoint is trademarked but Checkpoint Gaming isn't and Checkpoint is a security firm anyway so there's no confusion or conflict there. So the signage will say Checkpoint but the company name will actually be checkpoint gaming ltd (if I incorporate).

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Today, 12:16 AM
Only light in my room goes out at 1 am and takes power in half the apartment with it.

[Image: france_flag_t9t2.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
Today, 11:15 AM
Busy week...

Shit already running behind.