Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-03-2016, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 03:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(17-03-2016 01:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've been diagnosed with major depression. yay.

There are many here among us. Some for decades. We lean on each other. We have plenty of shoulders for you to lean on too.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-03-2016, 03:52 PM
(17-03-2016 01:47 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've been diagnosed with major depression. yay.

Hug
I had depression years ago. I have taken antidepressants for a few years myself- they work well for lots of people...they worked very well for me for several years, and after that, I did not need them. I am going through a good patch ( for the past 24 years) and do not need them...but I would take them in a heartbeat if I needed to, because they do not change who a person is,they just fix the chemical glitch that is occuring... some people take them for years and some do not need to...but either way is ok....I hope that you feel better soon, and I hope that you like and accept yourself and not feel bad about feeling bad...it is not your fault. When I was depressed, I had felt guilty about it- like I was not trying enough- I hope that you do not feel that way. It is amazing how much better I felt after a month or so...I hope that you feel better soon too.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
17-03-2016, 04:09 PM

Hug

I know that feel all too well... We'll both get ourselves right again.

I cant guarantee anything of substance, but if you ever need to vent, my FB, PM, and skype are always open.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-03-2016, 05:00 PM

Bummer. Hug I hear good things about treatment these days.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-03-2016, 05:34 PM

It sucks but if there is anyone who can beat it, it's you.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-03-2016, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2016 06:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-03-2016 05:34 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

It sucks but if there is anyone who can beat it, it's you.

It's not something to be beaten like a cold or cancer. It's not like that. It's more like something to be tamed. Only talking about my Black Dog. Others will be different.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-03-2016, 05:48 PM
(17-03-2016 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 07:06 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I love my life being threatened at six forty five in the morning.

I was trying to save your arm, your heart, your life. Untreated abscesses from using dirty needles leads to sepsis, endocarditis, death. He didn't want me to tell the doctor about his arm that was three times the size of the other with erythema from his hand to his bicep. He lets the doctor lance them, and as soon as he walks out he starts cursing at me, demanded his IV be taken out, and among a whole slew of talking about killing me and the doc, he said "I ought to break your fuckin' neck."

If he didn't want to see a doctor why the fuck was he at the hospital?

Sounded like a kidney stone, although nothing other than symptoms to support it. Everything was negative.

This is the kind of shit that burned me out the last time.

I'm going to be working on my résumé this weekend and get it to my brother's fiancé so I can move on with my life. Working with hospice will eventually burn me out, too, but I will be debt free with enough money to buy a small house with cash and go back to school at that point. The main things that stress me out at my job now won't be a part of hospice care. I'll be going back into dangerous neighborhoods again, but I've done it before, not to mention I'm more likely to get hurt in the ER.

One of my male coworkers was telling me about how a female patient managed to choke him out in a fight and he ended up on a vent for over a week last year. He was pinned between the corner, her and a few staff members - as I understood it she managed to get her hands on his stethoscope and use it like a tourniquet until the damn thing broke and then asphyxiated him with her hands. It only takes a few seconds. She still hasn't stood trial for it or spent one night in jail because mommy and daddy are rich. She should be held accountable for her actions. Fuck the insanity plea with no consequences. If you're not guilty by reason of insanity, you're not fit for public. Go say hello to Nurse Ratched for life.

I fucking hate the system as it presently is. You get ugly with me, there's the door - treatment over. Fuck off and die or learn to be a decent human being to those trying to help you, especially when you're the one who shows up seeking help. Schizophrenics I excuse from this.

At the first sign of agitation I remove my stethoscope or I don't even bring it in the room if I'm dealing with a psych patient. I keep it on my desk when in triage.

...wow, I really ranted...

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-03-2016, 06:04 PM
(17-03-2016 05:48 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Working with hospice will eventually burn me out, too, but I will be debt free with enough money to buy a small house with cash and go back to school at that point.

It takes an especially compassionate nurse to do hospice care.

#sigh
17-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Hug

Thanks guys. I'm hoping I'll start to feel better soon. They messed up and didnt send out for my script today, have to wait till tomorrow.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
17-03-2016, 07:14 PM
(17-03-2016 05:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-03-2016 05:34 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It sucks but if there is anyone who can beat it, it's you.

It's not something to be beaten like a cold or cancer. It's not like that. It's more like something to be tamed. Only talking about my Black Dog. Others will be different.

Trust me, I know but it's still a battle that can be won.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze