Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-03-2016, 06:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Nasty hail storm last night at around 11. Lasted about 20 minutes with golf ball sized hailstones. My car and husband's truck are beat up pretty bad though no window damage. Roof is dented and damaged. Fence looks like someone beat it to pieces with a big hammer. This house has 22 windows and somehow only one got broken.

We were watching the hail bounce and fly sideways under the patio roof managing to make the twelve feet to the back door.

Now we can bend over so that insurance can give us the high hard one. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 07:02 AM
(23-03-2016 05:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Jesus fucking Christ. I don't know how other people do it. I totally understand why there are hookers. I've had sex ONCE in the past month. It's been a week. I might die. I wouldn't have had sec with my ex, but holy hell, I'm not a camel. Shit, even camels know it's hump day.

I don't have the free time to be going out to find a new suitable partner. Its soooooo much effort to find someone new. I'd rather just text a known safe partner and be like "come over or "can I come over" with the implication that there will be sex at least twice in the following 24 hours, with entertaining conversation or adventuring in between. Now is that so difficult? No.

And now I have to leave for work. There were 4 hours in there that could have been much better spent.

Give up nursing and become a sex worker. As an added bonus, you won't ever have to wear polyester and ugly shoes ever again. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-03-2016, 07:09 AM
If I ask if you're part of the team for my patient when you show up at the nurse's station for my other patient, it's not because I'm making idle chit chat. Don't fucking cut me off and tell me that you're the senior resident" and don't handle the pages. "Well, I sent it stat." I don't fucking send pages stat unless it's a goddamn fucking emergency, bitch. Dodgy

He just had retinal detachment surgery and when I woke him to give him his eye drops he had new loss of vision. You're a goddamn opthamologist. What did she do? Went to my non-emergent patient's room. Fuck you. I chatted that you were made aware. So when this guy is now completely fucking blind because no one acted fast enough - that's not my fault. He probably should have been level oned to the OR. She should have called her attending right then and there. Fuck you sooooo much. Angry

Threat of loss of permanent loss of vision ranks up there in emergencies with strokes, heart attacks, and traumas. Goddamn cocky prima donna residents and their pride. Fuck off. You shouldn't be in healthcare. There's a key word in there - care. It's not health money.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
24-03-2016, 07:21 AM
(24-03-2016 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-03-2016 05:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Jesus fucking Christ. I don't know how other people do it. I totally understand why there are hookers. I've had sex ONCE in the past month. It's been a week. I might die. I wouldn't have had sec with my ex, but holy hell, I'm not a camel. Shit, even camels know it's hump day.

I don't have the free time to be going out to find a new suitable partner. Its soooooo much effort to find someone new. I'd rather just text a known safe partner and be like "come over or "can I come over" with the implication that there will be sex at least twice in the following 24 hours, with entertaining conversation or adventuring in between. Now is that so difficult? No.

And now I have to leave for work. There were 4 hours in there that could have been much better spent.

Give up nursing and become a sex worker. As an added bonus, you won't ever have to wear polyester and ugly shoes ever again. Smile

I usually wear my Incas or my combat boots... I stopped wearing my Dansko clogs.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-03-2016, 08:13 AM
What frosts my ass --- people who claim a title that they don't deserve..........................

Example ---

A locksmith - who can't fix a lock.

I've got an ignition lock cylinder that's hosed - because the kid I bought it from obviously lost the key --- so he tore the old lock apart and screwed it completely up.... If you lock the lock - it's nearly impossible to get the key to turn quickly -- and once you DO get the key into the "on" or "Start" positions -- the lock doesn't retain the key - and it can fall out of the ignition.....

Solution -- buy a new lock cylinder with a new key.

Problem -- they don't sell it that way ---- you have to buy a new cylinder then do an assembly procedure to fit the lock to the factory key settings --- which I don't have -- nor do I have a factory key........

So -- call a locksmith - right?????

Nope --- they can't do that... They only cut keys from the factory numbers, or set up new locks to factory numbers.......

They can't actually fix a lock.......

You might as well call a baker to bake you a cake --- but he can only take it out of the box............. He can't actually bake a cake..........

Fucking LINO --- locksmith in name only.......................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-03-2016, 08:25 AM
(24-03-2016 07:21 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Give up nursing and become a sex worker. As an added bonus, you won't ever have to wear polyester and ugly shoes ever again. Smile

I usually wear my Incas or my combat boots... I stopped wearing my Dansko clogs.

But you could be wearing these Incas:

[Image: hxc1jd-l-610x610-shoes-heels-high+heels-...+heels.jpg]

Aren't they just fabulous? Wink

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-03-2016, 08:59 AM
I've been sitting in the dark at work since I got here today. This ice storm... Problem is that the work itself isn't going away. Everybody else might only do 30 minutes of actual work in a shift, but I'm busy from the moment I get here to the moment I leave, and there's still shit to be done... This is bullshit. I need power

The backup generator is creating enough juice that the lights and computers start a seizure enducing light show.. But not enough to actually sustain anything
24-03-2016, 12:31 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait, isn't there a fetish for that?Yes
24-03-2016, 12:33 PM
(24-03-2016 06:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Question. So if the supervisor guy didn't do the trolleys and rubbish last week and the security manager did it the next day does that mean he hasn't done his turn and it's still his turn next week and not mine? Consider

In my opinion, yes. Unfortunately in my experience the less mature individual wins. Management stops asking the guy that won't do it and just has the ones that will do it.
24-03-2016, 01:32 PM
(24-03-2016 12:33 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 06:22 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Question. So if the supervisor guy didn't do the trolleys and rubbish last week and the security manager did it the next day does that mean he hasn't done his turn and it's still his turn next week and not mine? Consider

In my opinion, yes. Unfortunately in my experience the less mature individual wins. Management stops asking the guy that won't do it and just has the ones that will do it.

Too true. I worked in a department that did R&D on antennas at my old company. When I was "asked" to vacuum out an anechoic chamber, I did it, but then I went looking for a new position elsewhere in the company.