Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-04-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
EUUGHH. Snowing again.

Which in itself isn't actually the unusual part; the unusual part is that we had a heat wave earlier in March that had us touching on +10.

So in conclusion fuck global warming and double fuck every generation before mine that landed us in this mess.
Sleepy

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2016, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2016 04:05 PM by Dark Light.)
Double post.

01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
My boss started his vacation today, which means I'm filling his role as manager and my role as supervisor. And....Everything broke. Everything. And the developers that could fix the problem all took the day off or decided to "work from home" and not answer their phones. Which means I was trying to participate in two meetings, set up emergency phone bridges, call my bosses boss to answer to his bosses, and draft notifications too the agency that we support, call the remote technicians and explain to them a workaround, call the VIPs and business owners and a slew of other approvers and explain to them what was happening, all while being bombarded by my subordinates on how to do various things, and getting a bunch of unrelated questions about various stuff from our customer, provide training for a new employee, fill out requests for various stuff. And for some reason two of my most senior guys thought they could goof off on their phones watching tv shows and playing games. And I had to give some negative counseling to another senior guy. And he told me he couldn't work on Monday. And I'm out of rum.

01-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Thanks to last week's hail storm I have $4,200.00 worth of dents in my car.

After taking the $500.00 deductible I have the money to pay almost all my car loan off. That means I can buy new tires and quit worrying about them...they are pretty worn out. The heat here this summer may pop some of the dents out, they really aren't deep and no paint is cracked or chipped. It's not like it's a luxury or sports car so I am not really worried about the dents.

We are getting nearly $12K to fix the roof on the house, windows, and the fence. Just been a pain getting appointments for estimates and adjusters. Now we just have to schedule the work on the house and figure out what to sedate the dogs with while people are pounding on the roof for a couple days. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-04-2016, 06:47 PM
So I'm gonna be an uncle again.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
01-04-2016, 06:48 PM
(01-04-2016 06:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I'm gonna be an uncle again.

I would say congrats but since this is a rant...I'm sorry?

Not quite sure which way to go with this information. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-04-2016, 07:50 PM
(01-04-2016 04:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks to last week's hail storm I have $4,200.00 worth of dents in my car.

After taking the $500.00 deductible I have the money to pay almost all my car loan off. That means I can buy new tires and quit worrying about them...they are pretty worn out. The heat here this summer may pop some of the dents out, they really aren't deep and no paint is cracked or chipped. It's not like it's a luxury or sports car so I am not really worried about the dents.

We are getting nearly $12K to fix the roof on the house, windows, and the fence. Just been a pain getting appointments for estimates and adjusters. Now we just have to schedule the work on the house and figure out what to sedate the dogs with while people are pounding on the roof for a couple days. Undecided

Benadryl for the dogs. Drinking Beverage Unless it makes them rage. I've seen that happen with people. I feel your pain. We have this rat problem in my MIL's house, and the fixes are coming in north of $6k. Ain't my money, but, damn. On top of that, these guys must be raking in the money, because some of them don't show up or call if they can't make it in the time window they gave us. Angry
01-04-2016, 08:00 PM
(01-04-2016 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 04:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks to last week's hail storm I have $4,200.00 worth of dents in my car.

Benadryl for the dogs. Drinking Beverage Unless it makes them rage. I've seen that happen with people. I feel your pain. We have this rat problem in my MIL's house, and the fixes are coming in north of $6k. Ain't my money, but, damn. On top of that, these guys must be raking in the money, because some of them don't show up or call if they can't make it in the time window they gave us. Angry

Lady is already a Benadryl junkie thanks to her fear of storms. Karma has only had it once and I am afraid it would make the puppy bounce off the walls. Undecided

01-04-2016, 08:22 PM
(01-04-2016 08:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-04-2016 07:50 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Benadryl for the dogs. Drinking Beverage Unless it makes them rage. I've seen that happen with people. I feel your pain. We have this rat problem in my MIL's house, and the fixes are coming in north of $6k. Ain't my money, but, damn. On top of that, these guys must be raking in the money, because some of them don't show up or call if they can't make it in the time window they gave us. Angry

Lady is already a Benadryl junkie thanks to her fear of storms. Karma has only had it once and I am afraid it would make the puppy bounce off the walls. Undecided

Go stay at a Holiday Inn - many of them are dog friendly. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Having a crap day...week whatever.

See ya.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces