Ranting with Ferdinand: Irritating Trends

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2011, 06:10 PM
RE: Ranting with Ferdinand: Irritating Trends
(24-12-2011 05:57 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Welcome, to the ranks of ageing miserable bastardsBig Grin

Do ageing miserable bastards get jackets when new to the club? I like jackets.

(24-12-2011 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ferdy's becoming an Old Fart at age 15! Big Grin

I don't mind being old, but being a fart? Really Erx? Confused

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
24-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Haha I remember my first rant..... I've actually never stopped!
Nah we tried the jacket thing we all went on a rant about them.

Oh happy winterville/gearsmas/santas birthday, everyone!
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
24-12-2011, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 08:06 PM by Chas.)
"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on the frivolous youth of today, for they are reckless beyond words. When I was young, we were taught to be discreet, respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly disrespectful and impatient."
-Hesiod ~700 BCE

"The youth of today love luxury; they have bad manners and contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Youth are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up food at the table, and tyrannize their teachers."
-attributed to Socrates by Plato ~300 BCE

Just sayin'.
(24-12-2011 06:10 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 05:57 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Welcome, to the ranks of ageing miserable bastardsBig Grin

Do ageing miserable bastards get jackets when new to the club? I like jackets.

(24-12-2011 06:00 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ferdy's becoming an Old Fart at age 15! Big Grin

I don't mind being old, but being a fart? Really Erx? Confused

"Old Fart" is a title of deep and abiding honor and respect, you young whippersnapper.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
24-12-2011, 08:07 PM
(24-12-2011 06:11 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Haha I remember my first rant..... I've actually never stopped!
Nah we tried the jacket thing we all went on a rant about them.

Oh happy winterville/gearsmas/santas birthday, everyone!

You must be referring to the Member's Only jackets of the 80's.

I kinda wish those could be revived. Shy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-12-2011, 06:24 AM
(24-12-2011 08:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You must be referring to the Member's Only jackets of the 80's.

Unfortunatly I was only one year old when the 80s ended so I haven't Been a member as long as you.

I imagine they done away with the jackets due to high numbers of miserable bastards complaining, which was quickly followed by more. Miserable bastards complaining about the first set of miserable bastards.

Then there would be another group that would moan about that group and so on and so on. It's a never ending cycle of miserable bastards Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
25-12-2011, 10:03 AM
(25-12-2011 06:24 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 08:07 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You must be referring to the Member's Only jackets of the 80's.

Unfortunatly I was only one year old when the 80s ended so I haven't Been a member as long as you.

I imagine they done away with the jackets due to high numbers of miserable bastards complaining, which was quickly followed by more. Miserable bastards complaining about the first set of miserable bastards.

Then there would be another group that would moan about that group and so on and so on. It's a never ending cycle of miserable bastards Big Grin

You youngsters have no idea what you missed out on in the 80's:

[Image: 5087244.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-12-2011, 04:25 PM
(25-12-2011 10:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  You youngsters have no idea what you missed out on in the 80's:

[Image: 5087244.jpg]

MMM DEM MEMBERS ONLY JACKETS~
As an admin, I'd think FSM_scot would have the balls to challenge the revival of the cycle of miserable bastards if we brought 'em back. Lol.

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
25-12-2011, 04:35 PM
I was around in the 60s.....very cool too, bodgies and widgies in those days, Bill Haley, Elvis, Little Richard....yeah!

Maybe, in 50 years Ferdinand you will talk of the "good old days"?.

No,well maybe a few, old fart teens......never listen to a defrocked clergeman!
I was born in 42 but I'm no old fart.Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
25-12-2011, 04:49 PM
(25-12-2011 04:25 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  MMM DEM MEMBERS ONLY JACKETS~
As an admin, I'd think FSM_scot would have the balls to challenge the revival of the cycle of miserable bastards if we brought 'em back. Lol.

I'm merely a moderator I lack the godlike powers required to prevent something like that.

Plus I enjoy having a rant now and then. Why would I ever stop it?
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
25-12-2011, 06:35 PM
(24-12-2011 05:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 05:23 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  It's always funny when teenagers complain about other teenagers.

Teenagers these days eh! Tongue

Why is it Americans will rant that if things don't change they'll move to Canada, yet I can't say I've ever once heard anyone say if things don't change they'll move to Scotland? Tongue

I want to move to Canada, Australia or Sweden. If I had the option I'd want to move off this planet. Unfortunately I'll be dead long before that option is available.

I have 2 teenage kids and I get to hear some really dumb drama nearly everyday. I know of your need to rant. So go for it Smile

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post