Rants from the Willard preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Rants from the Willard preacher
On Penn State's campus a man often stands and preaches. His name is Gary, and he is known as the willard preacher because he preaches outside of the Willard building.

Lately he's been on a tear against atheists. On his facebook page he posted this.

"Most of the atheists I see interviewed or quoted claim that they are rational and that religious people are irrational. In truth we both reason from a philosophically unprovable presupposition. The difference is that God can prove himself to an individual, and so that individual can know that his starting point is true, even though he cannot philosophically prove it. There is no way an atheist can know that his starting point is true. As a consequence the atheist will always begin his reasoning from a point of ignorance. "

And this gem

"I honestly do not understand the National Day of Reason promoted by the atheists. There is no reasoned argument set forth that can show, or even give evidence, to the non-existence of God, and as far as solving America's problems is concerned, atheists act as if Christians pray, but do not put forth reasoned solutions to the nation's problems. We do both.

Ironically the National Day of Reason is based upon a lack of reasoned arguments for the non-existence of God, and a non-nonsensical accusation that Christians do not seek to apply reason to America's problems."

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Rants from the Willard preacher
The burden of proof should be on the religious that claim the existence of their god, not for us to prove the non existence of god, although Science is doing an awesome job of it. You give me a statement, then prove it! Although, the issue of saying "Well prove that god does not exist" is the same as saying "Well prove that santa claus does not exist" or "Well prove that the tooth fairy does not exist." The only difference is to my mind, there is no religion that places santa claus or the tooth fairy at the head of worship.

It is quite hilarious in my opinion, how the religious would say it is ridiculous in believing that the tooth fairy or santa claus exist but would then go to great lengths to defend their belief in a non existent god!

Quote:"Religion poisons everything." - Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
07-05-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Rants from the Willard preacher
As him if he's familiar with the scientific method of inquiry and how it relates to any and all philosophical reasoning?

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user