Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2011, 03:17 PM

Question Rape Alegation - IMF Chief Held without Bail
[Image: 27905070_300X225.jpg]
IMF Chief Held Without Bail After Being Accused Of Attempted Rape
By the CNN Wire Staff
May 16, 2011

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Agreeing with prosecutors' assertions that he is a flight risk, a judge Monday denied bail to International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who police say chased a hotel employee down the hall of his New York suite and sexually assaulted her.

"The fact that he was about to board a flight, that raises some concerns," said Criminal Court Judge Melissa Jackson.

Strauss-Kahn will remain in custody and is next set to appear in court Friday.

Prosecutors argued against bail, saying they believe Strauss-Kahn has engaged in "similar acts" at least once and there is little to prevent him from returning to France and living "open and notoriously" like film director Roman Polanski.
(Full Article)

Here's the thing that smacked smelly about this charge.
Remember how the Wikileaks founder, Julian Assange, was sought for arrest on an alleged rape charge, after those highly classified materials that put at risk National Security in the U.S. that were garnered through the alleged espionage by Bradley Manning, was published on the Wikileaks site? *(Update about that)

Now, we've got this guy who's the head of the International MONETARY Fund, charged for allegedly trying to rape a maid? No bail! Thing is, isn't he protected by Diplomatic Immunity?

Does this smell like a possible pressure play? Get this guy charged for attempting to rape a maid, claim he may be a suspect in other like cases, hold him in our custody without bail until what? Thinking all the while, the head of the International Monetary Fund!

One would think, of all things, he'd have Diplomatic immunity given his position.
With Assange, who I'm no fan of, the rape charges against him were timely indeed considering they came so as to institute an international manhunt on those warrants, when he was being sought for publishing classified documents allegedly stolen from the U.S.
It's one of those plays like possession is 9/10th of the law. If we have them in custody, they don't get out unless someone plays ball. And that's before the trial.
It's politics! I don't trust any of it, but this just sounds odd.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Teach men not to rape! Kavos 126 2,090 14-06-2014 11:52 AM
Last Post: Luminon
  Do guns cause Rape? What do you think is the leading cause of rape? LostandInsecure 96 1,449 31-05-2014 03:26 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Police neglegence over rape in the UK The Germans are coming 2 145 03-03-2014 06:32 AM
Last Post: Cathym112
  One third of all rape alligations not taken serious by UK police The Germans are coming 8 221 31-01-2014 05:36 PM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Drug smuggling, drug lords, pimping, prostitution, rape..... I and I 0 228 04-10-2013 02:23 PM
Last Post: I and I
  Rape? When is it bad? I am so confused now. Denicio 30 1,301 07-12-2012 07:07 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Does talking about rape usually make one a patriotic sexist? I and I 30 1,035 02-11-2012 09:52 AM
Last Post: ClydeLee