Rapture passes - believers downcast, pastor silent

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2011, 08:36 PM
RE: Rapture passes - believers downcast, pastor silent
(23-05-2011 08:25 PM)tjv323 Wrote:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_apocalypse_saturday

Now the old coot is saying he was off by 5 months!!

Hah! I was saying that we should be compassionate about people who were victims of Camping's campaign, but if people fall for that again they fucking deserve it.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2011, 11:38 PM

(22-05-2011 01:14 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 12:49 PM)barri0s1872 Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 12:13 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(22-05-2011 10:40 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  The unfortunate truth was that as most Christians thought, not every sect of Christianity was selected. The rapture did happen, but only to those who successfully unlocked the mystery. Believing in Jesus incorrectly is worse than not believing in him =p

I've never heard that before. I know that the Rapture is suppose to rise up the "saints" in Christ. I.E. The true believers. Who will then return with Christ after the 7 years of Tribulation that follow the Rapture, and rule with Christ over the earth for 1000 years.

John 10:28 and John 6:40 & 44 , are thought to declare eternal life and inclusion in the Rapture for all that hold faith in Jesus.

What verses are you referring to?

Now i'm curious, what's supposed to happen after 1000 years of heave on earth? Does he just leave again and say, i'll be back in X number of years with the same rules from before? Does nothing change? Do people then have a better idea of what to do? lol
Pretty much. Just as many Fundy's will argue in defense of their beliefs using circular logic,so too is the pending post-Ratpure events circular. Only Satan is on earth then, as in present in the sorta flesh.

Matthew 25:32-46 Describes the 1000 year reign of Christ, after the Tribulation of 7 years.
And then, Satan get's his turn again to make things the same again. Revelation 20:7-10
Because now that the earth is populated by only the saints, the true believers of Christ who proved themselves more than a millennium ago, once again they are then challenged with a choice. To follow Jesus or to succumb to his antithesis, Satan. Because those who are new in Christ, as if there's going to be childbirth among the Saints during those 1000 years, the newborns grew up never knowing anything but Christ. Makes one wonder if they're born sinners too. But in any event, they get to make a choice again, and can either remain in Christ's grace or succumb to the Satan god not only let live when he first rebelled in Heaven, which makes Adam and Eve's one unforgivable mistake pale in affront to god comparisons, and god let's him live so as to tempt his creation away from god rather than serve as emissary between the two which is what caused Satan to refuse and then rebel, but after being chained he was let lose to now tempt those who were blessed by Jesus to rule on earth for the millennium. All of course orchestrated in the OT.Deuteronomy 30:19

What a whacked story line. God can't forgive Adam and Eve for being ignorant and succumbing to the temptation he set up and knew they would succumb to, so he damns the rest of the humans he let's be born to sin, unless they find him in Jesus form and ask to be forgiven for being born sinners by his will. And yet for some reason he's impotent when it comes to getting rid of the adversary, Satan, that makes that whole dynamic possible.
Bad story line, created by writers with extraordinarily limited imaginations.

And to think, innumerable people have martyred themselves to it.
Those are the dumb apes, Darwin's evolution must have been talking about. Wink You know, survival of the fittest.

Remember, I'm not a believer.

The funny thing with all theses people who are waiting for end times; Revelations was written by John, not with 2000 years in the future in mind, but what was happening in his present time. Everything he wrote would have made sense to a Christian or Jew living at the end of the first century,

The famous whore of Babylon in chapter 17, she is sitting on a 7 headed beast, drunk with the blood of the saints, fornicating with the kings of the world and supported by the devil.

The seven headed beast refers to Rome, v.9 The angel that is giving John the guided tour refers to the women with this description "the women you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth." We are also told she sits on 7 mountains. What else could John be talking about? Rome was "drunk with the blood of the saints" and at that time persecuting Christians, and also a world power " fornicating with the kings of the earth" John was talking about Rome and Christians at the time were expecting Jesus any day.

666 is simple, it's the numeric value of Caesar Nero in Hebrew letters. Nero in Hebrew is Neron and the numbers in Hebrew were written with letters, that was the Hebrews numeric system. Spelled in Hebrew, these letters totaled 666. Nero is the beast, that would have made sense to someone in the first century, who's enemy was Rome. Interestingly, some early transcripts state the number is 616 when the name Caesar Nero is used, In Hebrew the n is worth 50, 666 now becomes 616.

John was clearly talking about Rome and Nero.

The Christians all missed the boat.
Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Top 10 reasons why the rapture didn't happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aml8e-lX4sM

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
24-05-2011, 02:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8LsJi.jpeg

EDIT: crap, I thought this post would merge with the one above.

27-05-2011, 09:24 AM
(22-05-2011 12:49 PM)barri0s1872 Wrote:  Now i'm curious, what's supposed to happen after 1000 years of heave on earth?
You can find the answer to that question be reading the last two chapters of Revelation.
Quote:Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
Revelation 21:1-4 ESV

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user