Rapture ready

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: Rapture ready
(10-07-2016 12:51 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I feel so bad for any young people who seriously believe the rapture, I mean it's all fine and good for all the old Christians, they already got to live their lives but what about the good Christian babies? They're just gonna be taken to Heaven without growing up? What about all the good Christian pregnant women, do they get raptured pregnant and give birth in Heaven or are they not pregnant anymore?

I know there is no point in asking questions like this, many Christians since the beginning of Christianity have been waiting for Jesus to come back, bring back the saints and have a zombie dance party in the streets...oh wait that already happened.

the way my preacher always explained it was like.. if the mom isnt saved and shes prego at the time of rapture.. the baby goes.
and if shes saved at the time.. i believe the become separate. its really weird.
this thing with the rapture caused me so much fear growing up. i would have nightmares constantly. i had nightmares before my 16th birthday.. every christmas.. before i graduated.. i asked the preachers about it and they said it was just because something big was happening in my life. so everytime something great would happen, i would stress to the point of nightmares that i was going to be taken away.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Jewelarcher's post
10-07-2016, 02:27 PM
In 13th century the Black Death killed almost 200 million people worldwide in a horrific, painful death. Not 20 million, mind you, but almost 200,000,000. Sixty percent of the European population died from the Black Death. Seven thousand people died every day in Cairo Egypt. Just think about that.

Now if there was ever a time that Jesus should have returned you'd think it would be during the Black Death. But nope. No, no, no, nada. People all over the world died like flies but Jesus was a no-show.

Do religious nuts ever read history books and put things into historical perspective? Apparently not. A few riots and their world is coming to an end.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-07-2016, 04:10 PM
(10-07-2016 02:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  In 13th century the Black Death killed almost 200 million people worldwide in a horrific, painful death. Not 20 million, mind you, but almost 200,000,000. Sixty percent of the European population died from the Black Death. Seven thousand people died every day in Cairo Egypt. Just think about that.

Now if there was ever a time that Jesus should have returned you'd think it would be during the Black Death. But nope. No, no, no, nada. People all over the world died like flies but Jesus was a no-show.

Do religious nuts ever read history books and put things into historical perspective? Apparently not. A few riots and their world is coming to an end.

It seems like (and I've been guilty of it) that they prepare for it today. And they prepare so hard they are blinded to past events. They ignore everything else to justify why now is the time for his return. There were multiple cases where he should have returned.. But as Christians they ignore it.
10-07-2016, 08:57 PM
I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings... etc. Hope that helps!

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
10-07-2016, 09:22 PM
(10-07-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings... etc. Hope that helps!

Big Grin

i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
but that you ill just say it here.
i want to cry lol
10-07-2016, 09:32 PM
(10-07-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings... etc. Hope that helps!

Big Grin

i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
i want to cry lol

It's all about putting things into perspective. Smile
10-07-2016, 09:33 PM
(10-07-2016 09:32 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
i want to cry lol

It's all about putting things into perspective. Smile

Ugh thank you? Lol
10-07-2016, 09:37 PM
(10-07-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings

Being trampled to death by a herd of stampeding dik dik. Hobo

[Image: Damara-Dik-Dik.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
10-07-2016, 09:42 PM
(10-07-2016 09:33 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 09:32 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  It's all about putting things into perspective. Smile

Ugh thank you? Lol

Anything particular you're afraid of? I use to be terrified of social situations. But once I met my wife I was pretty much forced to be around people, since she's Mexican. Big social gatherings with her huge family, and all that. I got over it eventually. I still have that pang of fear when I know that we're going to be in a big social gathering, but once I'm actually there it goes away. I still prefer being by myself or with just a couple of friends, so it never completely goes away. We're flying down to texas in a few days to stay with the other side of her family, and I'm kind of dreading it. But... eh.

I'd suggest picking one of your biggest fears and forcing yourself to do it. Not exactly an original concept, but it seems to work.
10-07-2016, 09:45 PM
(10-07-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
i want to cry lol

Courtesy of the media and some wonderful cognitive biases, today's world always seems more terrifying.

It isn't like the good old days where you could be a peasant toiling in the fields and dying of childbirth, some god awful preventable disease, famine or war.

It might seem pretty grim at the moment but that's usually the case. Some times there are things that you should genuinely be frightened of but more often then not things are actually getting better. For example, there was a time not so long ago where most of the crazy shit that Trump says was mainstream politics. Back in the good old days.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.