Rapture ready

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 09:47 PM
RE: Rapture ready
(10-07-2016 09:42 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 09:33 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Ugh thank you? Lol

Anything particular you're afraid of? I use to be terrified of social situations. But once I met my wife I was pretty much forced to be around people, since she's Mexican. Big social gatherings with her huge family, and all that. I got over it eventually. I still have that pang of fear when I know that we're going to be in a big social gathering, but once I'm actually there it goes away. I still prefer being by myself or with just a couple of friends, so it never completely goes away. We're flying down to texas in a few days to stay with the other side of her family, and I'm kind of dreading it. But... eh.

I'd suggest picking one of your biggest fears and forcing yourself to do it. Not exactly an original concept, but it seems to work.

My fears are more based on the current events in America. People fighting and killing each other. I'm fearful for my father who is a truck driver and goes through Atlanta daily.
People are just so messed up.. For the past several days my Facebook has been covered by the same posts, Protests, and riots. People are now sharing things about martial law. This shit is getting out of hand.
I'm fearful of death. I'm so sensitive to it and life. Once it's gone, it's gone. I cry every time I've seen someone has passed. Not fearful for just myself but for everyone.. Death is terrifying when not natural.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 09:48 PM
(10-07-2016 09:37 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings

Being trampled to death by a herd of stampeding dik dik. Hobo

[Image: Damara-Dik-Dik.jpg]

I mean that could be a cute way to go though.. Big Grin
10-07-2016, 09:50 PM
(10-07-2016 09:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
but that you ill just say it here.
i want to cry lol

Courtesy of the media and some wonderful cognitive biases, today's world always seems more terrifying.

It isn't like the good old days where you could be a peasant toiling in the fields and dying of childbirth, some god awful preventable disease, famine or war.

It might seem pretty grim at the moment but that's usually the case. Some times there are things that you should genuinely be frightened of but more often then not things are actually getting better. For example, there was a time not so long ago where most of the crazy shit that Trump says was mainstream politics. Back in the good old days.

I would rather be stuck in a field somewhere. Life is so complicated now.. I always loved the time spent with my grandfather in his garden.. And helping grandma get the veggies together. Oh life was nice when I was 10
10-07-2016, 09:59 PM
(10-07-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings

Rule Number 1: Don't be a dik dik.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-07-2016, 10:14 PM
(10-07-2016 11:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 11:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hate to break it to you but that'll never happen.

So all my zombie apocalypse training is for nothing? Tongue

Nope, it could help you to learn how to be stocked and prepared for real natural disasters like earthquakes lol though you won't be killing anyone, I would hope.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
10-07-2016, 10:18 PM

Looks like that thing comes up to my knees.
10-07-2016, 10:27 PM
(10-07-2016 10:18 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 09:37 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Being trampled to death by a herd of stampeding dik dik. Hobo

Looks like that thing comes up to my knees.

That's because it does. Adorably cute until you consider that it hangs out on the African savannah and somehow doesn't get eaten more than anything else. Hiking back down Oldoinyo Lengai that was the first critter that I saw. Grazing right at the grass's edge smugly knowing that it could see any predator coming for a mile and that it was a sprint straight up a 30 degree slope all the way.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-07-2016, 11:12 PM
(10-07-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 08:57 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I don't understand why you're so paranoid about the silly rapture. There are plenty of more practical things to be paranoid of. Disease, getting murdered in your sleep, heart attack, terrorist attacks, car wreck, muggings... etc. Hope that helps!

Big Grin

i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
but that you ill just say it here.
i want to cry lol

There isn't a better time in the history of the world to live in. Most of the horrible diseases that plagued mankind have been eliminated. There was a time that if you got a simple infection you'd most likely die. The water we drink is clean, we have indoor plumbing, our food is generally clean, we take baths, we have devices that do our work for us. My daughters both go to college. Over 100 years ago women attending colleges was a rarity and frowned upon. OMG, there's no any other time I'd want to live in!

In most civilized areas of the world we have instant communication, we can hop on a plane and go to a sunny place in the middle of winter. We drive down paved roads in vehicles that speed along at 70 mph. We live in a utopia, my friend. Truly! A human made utopia and most of it is courtesy of science.

Compared to previous human history these are the BEST of times. Thumbsup The absolute best. Enjoy it!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
11-07-2016, 12:16 AM
(10-07-2016 07:49 AM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 03:44 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  10 cops getting sniped with 5 being killed is a unique event for this country. Its going to change things.

Not unique.

Not even close to being similar. Did you bother to read the article?
11-07-2016, 02:41 AM
(09-07-2016 10:18 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I knew it was coming the minute all of this stuff started. People are posting videos and whatnot.
"These race wars are just the beginning"
"Get ready he's coming back"
Blah blah..
They act like this kind of stuff has never happened. That this is the only time people have been singled out.
Part of me still gets worried but that's just me.

If he didn't come back during WWII, he ain't never coming back.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.