Rapture ready

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2016, 07:31 AM
RE: Rapture ready
(09-07-2016 10:18 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  "Get ready he's coming back"
Blah blah..
They act like this kind of stuff has never happened. That this is the only time people have been singled out.

I know, right? It's like Jesus telling us that there will be "wars and rumors of wars", because they totally didn't already write about those things having happened in the Old Testament. For someone who quotes the old scriptures so much when making his points, you'd think he'd be more self-aware.

(09-07-2016 10:18 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Part of me still gets worried but that's just me.

I know. I try not to think about it, apart from keeping as many of them as possible away from the big red button or any negotiations involving Israel.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 08:08 AM
(11-07-2016 07:31 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I try not to think about it, apart from keeping as many of them as possible away from the big red button ...

Fortunately it is not as simple as a 'BRB'.

If one were to have a big red button that would destroy the earth and placed it in a monstrously deep cavern in the most remote part of the world with a sign that says "DO NOT PRESS", before the paint was dry, some idiot would push the button.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
11-07-2016, 10:39 AM
(10-07-2016 11:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 09:22 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  i was just about to make a post of how terrified i am living in todays world.
but that you ill just say it here.
i want to cry lol
There was a time that if you got a simple infection you'd most likely die.

Seth McFarlane's movie Million Ways to Die in the West made fun of that perfectly. There is one scene where they are at a funeral and the doctor says "I'm so sorry I couldn't save him." or something like that and Seth's character replied with "He had a splinter doc, what the hell were you supposed to do".

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-07-2016, 10:47 AM
(11-07-2016 10:39 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 11:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  There was a time that if you got a simple infection you'd most likely die.

Seth McFarlane's movie Million Ways to Die in the West made fun of that perfectly. There is one scene where they are at a funeral and the doctor says "I'm so sorry I couldn't save him." or something like that and Seth's character replied with "He had a splinter doc, what the hell were you supposed to do".

Saw it in the theater --- loved it....

The funniest part - is they probably were closer to the truth, than not....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-07-2016, 05:01 PM
The reason people proclaim that the rapture is coming is because they see the troubling times our world is facing and "God taking them to heaven and smiting the evil" gives them a sense of comfort as all pain will cease. There is no evidence of God and you should not be worried.
11-07-2016, 05:05 PM
I wonder if I could make some money offering Rapture Term Insurance. "Would you want your loved ones left behind to live in a state of poverty? For just $1/day you can insure that they will receive enough benefits to live above the poverty line after The Rapture."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Been done. I remember seeing an add for post-rapture pet care by atheists who were guaranted not to be scooped up when Jeezus came back.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
11-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Here it is: After the Rapture Pet Care

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
11-07-2016, 05:40 PM
(11-07-2016 05:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Been done. I remember seeing an add for post-rapture pet care by atheists who were guaranted not to be scooped up when Jeezus came back. ....
Here it is: After the Rapture Pet Care

Dammit. Story of earmuffs life.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
11-07-2016, 05:58 PM
(11-07-2016 05:37 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Here it is: After the Rapture Pet Care

So they're getting volunteer non christians to care for their pets after the rapture?

Uhhh....

How can you be a non christian and still believe that the rapture is going to happen? Shouldn't you be trying to join in with the rapture part instead of taking care of someone's Mr. Fluffkins?

This has got to be a joke. Maybe it went over my head.