Rat names

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 06:26 AM
Rat names
Need two of them for my future rats. Apparently it's not a good idea to get just one rat, you need two to give each other some company. I don't see why, I survive in this world on my own just fine I don't see why a rat, who only lives a couple years, can't do the same but alas I am not an animal psychiatrist (because I'm not a nutter, or at least I'm not that kind of nutter) so who am I too argue.

I'm aiming to get boy rats because they're lazier than the females and wont fight each other (unlike females). I like the idea of a fat adorable lazy creature that will sit on my laptop keyboard while I watch TV and do nothing in particular but offer me satisfactory amounts of "omg it's so cute" appeal. Sitting atop my head would also be a satisfactory seating arrangement.

I was leaning towards Nelson for one but now that I have two I need another name.
I was leaning towards Pierre which is rather fitting if the first is named Nelson.

Suggestions welcome even though I'm sure most of your suggestions will be utterly trash.

Oh, and Pinky and Brain are out because they were mice, not rats.
Also, no pet names. I'm not a fan of pet names so try to stick with actual names.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd go.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 06:40 AM
RE: Rat names
WhatWasIThinking & Wolfbitn.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 5 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
06-11-2014, 07:02 AM
An obvious one to go with Nelson... Wellington (where I'm going to next week).

But the bigger question is... are you sure that the rats will bond with your pet giraffe?

And will the giraffe get jealous of the rats and want to sit on your head?

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we wouldn't mind if that happened but first, if you could please train the rats to use a camera, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-11-2014, 07:09 AM
(06-11-2014 07:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  An obvious one to go with Nelson... Wellington (where I'm going to next week).

But the bigger question is... are you sure that the rats will bond with your pet giraffe?

And will the giraffe get jealous of the rats and want to sit on your head?

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we wouldn't mind if that happened but first, if you could please train the rats to use a camera, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes Wellington was also a possibility. (nice, I'd say that you should come up here to Hamilton buuut.. nobody should be subjected to Hamilton so there's that)

Consider I hadn't considered it but it is indeed a very valid point.
They will of course be a big part of each others lives and so it will help if they got along. I know elephants have a thing about mice so I will have to investigate giraffes and their relationship to rats and vise verser. I'm sure that if there are initial problems that we will be able to quickly overcome them and learn to cohabit together peacefully.

And no, the giraffe will not be aloud to seat upon my head.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Huh... Giraffe head sitting...
[Image: qwertial_aphasia.png]
(06-11-2014 06:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm not a fan of pet names so try to stick with actual names.
Damn. I was going to suggest Stabwisker and Ink Eyes.

How about Laertes and Fortinbras? Or if you want to go for the reference people are actually going to get: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
06-11-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 07:30 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-11-2014 06:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I like the idea of a fat adorable lazy creature that will sit on my laptop keyboard while I watch TV and do nothing in particular but offer me satisfactory amounts of "omg it's so cute" appeal. Sitting atop my head would also be a satisfactory seating arrangement.

Talk ta Ferdi. *He* just might have an idea for ya.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Pinky and the Brain. Please. Don't let this opportunity slide.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
06-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Ah, yes, you're now in Hamilton... now I get the choice of Nelson... 'cause he was in Hamilton too... or in and out, so they say.

Perhaps you can go for Lady Hamilton's maiden name... Lyon. Lions and giraffes get on really well.

06-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Prince William & Prince Harry

Billy and Hairy if you want to give them pet names

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Ben and Jerry?

Cagney and Pacino ?

Henry and Jimmy ?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP