Rate Your Latest Live Concert

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: Rate Your Latest Live Concert
Jane's Addiction in July. It was all Ritual de lo Habitual songs.
It was awesome.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2017, 07:51 PM
(19-06-2017 07:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You are going to laugh. In 1972 (I was 20) Yes one of my mechanic friends asked me if I'd go to a Grateful Dead concert with his son (18). He paid. I don't even like the GD. But I went, what the hell. Only live concert I've ever been to. If I went to a concert now, I'd get arrested for breaking the fingers of all those assholes who have to whistle the whole time to show their appreciation. I can't stand that shit; it ruins the whole vibe for me. Maybe I'm on the Autistic spectrum, who knows?

Is it acceptable to admit you aren't a Dead fan? If so, I guess I can admit it too.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-06-2017, 09:04 PM
(19-06-2017 07:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-06-2017 07:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You are going to laugh. In 1972 (I was 20) Yes one of my mechanic friends asked me if I'd go to a Grateful Dead concert with his son (18). He paid. I don't even like the GD. But I went, what the hell. Only live concert I've ever been to. If I went to a concert now, I'd get arrested for breaking the fingers of all those assholes who have to whistle the whole time to show their appreciation. I can't stand that shit; it ruins the whole vibe for me. Maybe I'm on the Autistic spectrum, who knows?

Is it acceptable to admit you aren't a Dead fan? If so, I guess I can admit it too.

Laugh out load My concerns about what people consider acceptable are pretty low, in general. You have here in my person one who bought a patch in a blue oval format that said "Fuck" in the "Ford" motor company logo font and had it sewed onto his denim jacket and wore it in public. I'm a bit tamer, these days. Laughat
19-06-2017, 09:29 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thumbsup

Late 70's to early 90's, living in California, I saw so much live music and concerts, I can't keep track. My wife, (who worked at A&M Records at the time), dragged me to a Sting concert at the Hollywood Bowl. Once we got there, it was okay....kind of romantic actually. The last concert I went to was U2 Achtung Baby concert in 92(?). That concert was fucking awesome!
20-06-2017, 12:32 PM

I hear ya -- the whistling thing is one of my pet peeves, too, and it happens at sporting events as well as concerts. I went to a Packer/Viking football game a few years back. There was a Viking fan behind me who let out a piercing shriek/whistle every time the Vikings did something good, and a Packer fan next to me who did the same thing every time the Packers did something good. I spent most of the game with my fingers in my ears, and I will never again attend a pro football game. It's also one of the reasons I rarely go to rock concerts anymore. I'm there to see and hear the band, not the audience.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-06-2017, 12:22 AM
I'm a bit annoyed to have just learned that A Perfect Circle, whom I saw last month, just announced a new stop on the tour. It's 30 minutes away rather than 3 hours away. It's $45 tickets, instead of $85 dollars. The opening band, I like, rather than makes me want to to jab sharpened pencils into my ear drums. But...I might just go see them again. Hope the set list is changed up, but I doubt they would.

21-06-2017, 05:41 AM
I haven't been to one in a little while, but am off to see Green Day in like 2 weeks time, with Mrs oaktree (it's her favourite band). Will try and get to see Opeth later in the year if I can.

Of the bands I have seen:

Limp Bizkit [Twice] - Both times, very cool, still my favourite band despite there recent lack of anything and that aren't popular any more, and amazing live as well. The latter time they played some songs they haven't done in a very long time, and it was very cool Smile

Blink 182 - saw these guys before they split many moons ago, quality live act and would recommend if anybody gets the chance.

Maroon 5 - Saw these with Mrs Oaktree, not normally my cup of tea, but I'll be honest and say they are awesome live. I'm not a big "pop" music guy, but live you can tell they are all great musicians.

Black Stone Cherry - Another Mrs Oaktree one, again very good live despite the fact I don't really like them that much. Did some acoustic stuff which was very cool, and the main show was insane as well.

Really wish I'd gotten to see more bands when I was younger, would love to have seen Chris Cornell either solo or in any of his bands.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
21-06-2017, 06:01 AM
(19-06-2017 07:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You are going to laugh. In 1972
If I went to a concert now, I'd get arrested for breaking the fingers of all those assholes who have to whistle the whole time to show their appreciation. I can't stand that shit; it ruins the whole vibe for me. Maybe I'm on the Autistic spectrum, who knows?

So much this.

My last one was Peter Gabriel's Growing Up Tour, 2003, Birmingham NEC.

I made the mistake of taking my ex who was determined to make it all about her so I had to get into a zone to be able to exclude her passive-aggressive complaining ... which also had the benefit of blocking out the rest of the crowd.

Thumbsup

Concert Rating: Near perfect.

Yes

21-06-2017, 06:39 AM
I saw Peter Gabriel w/ WOMAD (world of music and dance) at the Woodstock festival in 1994. It was absolutely amazing. Over 20 years later and I still remember it vividly.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
21-06-2017, 06:45 AM
The only live concerts I've ever been to were a few I took security gigs at when I lived in Las Vegas. Last one was some Iranian rapper whose name I forgot.

'Murican Canadian