Rate Your Latest Live Concert

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2017, 07:27 AM
RE: Rate Your Latest Live Concert
Barry Manilow and he was every bit of awesome and cheesy that you would imagine Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Never been to this kind of concert. I wish I could have seen the Talking Heads live; the closest I've come was watching Stop Making Sense with the TV volume turned up.
04-07-2017, 03:56 AM
I was at "British Summer Time" on Saturday.

It's a series of events in Hyde Park, London, where each night is a different style/theme than the last. On the Firday, Phil Collins was on, along with Blondie and some other people. We went on the Saturday, which was Green Day headlining, and had some other bands of the same genre as well.

Generally, I'm not into that sort of music, but Mrs. Oaktree is and Green Day are her favourite band, so I went as well. I will say though, they put on a decent show, and have TONS of crowd participation. Two people came up to sing, and pretty much sang an entire song as well, whilst another came up to play guitar....and got to keep the guitar as well!

All in all, it was fairly decent. I've absolutely knackered my leg in the process, (Rolled my ankle before we got there, then spent the day walking around London and then had this gig, standing up the entire time), but it was well worth it.

We also got to see The Hives, GoGol Bordell, Rancid and a few others, although we completely missed some bands as there was a second stage we couldn't see from where we were, so didn't know it existed lol.

But yeah, if they are ever on, [Green Day] I would highly recommend them Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
25-07-2017, 04:47 AM
Hi everyone, i am new here. i have to say some of you have been to amazing gigs.
but to carry on with the flow of the thread, the latest gig i been to was yesterday and was to see the Queen of Coney Island - Lana Del Rey. I have to say she is amazing! her vocals live are way better than the records. if for some reason you are lucky to get tickets for her DO IT. you won't regret it.
[+] 1 user Likes kyan9's post
25-07-2017, 04:50 AM
LANA DEL REY 10/10 highly recommended.
03-08-2017, 01:46 PM
(16-06-2017 08:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 03:04 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  It was a few years ago, but I saw the last two Rush shows at the ACC in Toronto.

I'm actually in the concert video... in a crowd panning shot, for about 1/2 second.

It was both awesomesauce and extremely emotional, given that Neil's now officially retired and has refused to tour again.

I grew up to Rush and other prog-rock icons, so it was a fitting good-bye.

My regular concert companions went and saw them last year, and I didn't get to get, which will probably haunt me forever. I love Rush - but, from what I heard, they still will continue to do concerts, just not full-blown tours, so I'm still holding out hope I can see them. They may decide they miss touring and renege as well. Lots of bands have. One of my concert companions said, though he loved the show, that Geddy's voice was pretty strained hitting some of the notes he nails on the album. Not sure if he has permanently lost his ability to wail as a symptom of the ravages of time, or if it was exhaustion, or maybe just an off night. What was your experience with his vocals?

Earlier I was fortunate to see Blue Oyster Cult. Those guys are still rocking the house at smaller veues. Perfection. There is the an asterisk, because two of the members are replacements for the originals, but the two originals are in their late sixties and early seventies, and still kicking ass. I was very impressed.

I've been lucky enough to have seen most of the rock Gods: Paul McCartney, Metallica, The Who, Rolling Stones, U2, Pink Floyd, etc. My only regret is that I have never seen Rush.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend a couple of Neil Peart's books: Ghost Rider and Traveling Music.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-08-2017, 03:00 PM
(03-08-2017 01:46 PM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 08:50 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  My regular concert companions went and saw them last year, and I didn't get to get, which will probably haunt me forever. I love Rush - but, from what I heard, they still will continue to do concerts, just not full-blown tours, so I'm still holding out hope I can see them. They may decide they miss touring and renege as well. Lots of bands have. One of my concert companions said, though he loved the show, that Geddy's voice was pretty strained hitting some of the notes he nails on the album. Not sure if he has permanently lost his ability to wail as a symptom of the ravages of time, or if it was exhaustion, or maybe just an off night. What was your experience with his vocals?

Earlier I was fortunate to see Blue Oyster Cult. Those guys are still rocking the house at smaller veues. Perfection. There is the an asterisk, because two of the members are replacements for the originals, but the two originals are in their late sixties and early seventies, and still kicking ass. I was very impressed.

I've been lucky enough to have seen most of the rock Gods: Paul McCartney, Metallica, The Who, Rolling Stones, U2, Pink Floyd, etc. My only regret is that I have never seen Rush.

If you get a chance, I highly recommend a couple of Neil Peart's books: Ghost Rider and Traveling Music.

I've seen every Rush tour since 1980. Too bad you didn't get to. It doesn't look like they'll tour again but one can hope. They always put on a great show. Thumbsup

Just started Ghost Rider. So far, so good.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-09-2017, 01:09 AM
@Dark Light

We seem to be on the same concert schedule. The last three concerts I went to were Iron Maiden and Ghost on July 5th, Blue Oyster Cult on June 10th, and A Perfect Circle on April 13th. Well, I also saw Yngwie on June 3rd, but still... Wink
06-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Tedeschi Trucks band on the Wheels of Soul tour.
Seen them before. No surprises but always good.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
06-09-2017, 07:41 AM
Damn. It's been a while since I've been to one.

I've seen a couple of localish gigs in the past few years. Nothing to really crow about.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.