Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
04-03-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(02-03-2014 10:35 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  So then, why a 2?

Technical merit, as the special effects and make-up are decent in most cases. Of course, as Paton Oswalt has pointed out, any teenager with an iPhone can do that nowadays.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MegaHentai's post
07-03-2014, 03:19 AM
Bernie 9/10

It's about a funeral director in a small Texas town, who becomes friends with an nasty old lady - and eventually kills her. Jack Black is great playing the friendly funeral director. Shirley McClaine is great as the old lady.

It's based on true story. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_(2011_film)
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
08-03-2014, 12:10 PM
American Hustle
5/10
Started great!
Looked cool!
Ended lousy.
Boring.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
08-03-2014, 12:23 PM
(07-03-2014 03:19 AM)Juv Wrote:  Bernie 9/10

It's about a funeral director in a small Texas town, who becomes friends with an nasty old lady - and eventually kills her. Jack Black is great playing the friendly funeral director. Shirley McClaine is great as the old lady.

I loved Bernie!! Jack black was surprisingly good.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
08-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Gravity. Again. 10/10. The best film I've ever seen. It's taken more than thirty years but something's finally beaten The Empire Strikes Back. The re-entry scene had me in tears, the first time a film has ever done that.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
09-03-2014, 04:43 AM
(08-03-2014 12:23 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 03:19 AM)Juv Wrote:  Bernie 9/10

I loved Bernie!! Jack black was surprisingly good.

Yes! I'd never seen Jack Black in a role like that before, he kicked ass.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post
22-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Watched the Sleuth remake last night with Michael Caine, and Jude Law. Most fun I've had watching a movie in a while, I'll give it 9.5/10. Anyone seen the original?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
22-03-2014, 10:35 PM
The book theif - 6/10
It was good, but, there was no theivery in the first hour or so, and I can't stand all of these holocaust movies coming out. It's like watching the same movies over now. The holocaust movie "theme" is soo boring, because, it's been used soo much, the movies always start out slow, they have about 15 minutes of excitement, and then everyone dies.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
22-03-2014, 11:46 PM
The Monkey King (Chinese title: Havoc in Heaven, 2014) - 3/10

I had high hopes for this Chinese film since I am a huge fan of the Journey to the West (1592) novel and the martial arts actor Donnie Yen. Unfortunately those hopes were dashed to bits. This film is a disjointed mess. It absolutely butchers the original storyline, has no real coherent train of thought, and the special effects (ranging from Hollywood to crappy video game) drown out what could have been some good fight scenes. Monkey, the immortal main character, is a wuss in comparison with his literary counterpart until the last half hour of the film. Then his fight with the main bad guy lasts only a few minutes to end somewhat anticlimactically.

I guess the one thing that upset me the most was the fact that they deviated from the novel in so many areas. There is a reason that the story is still popular after nearly 430 years (730 ± if you count the literary antecedent from the Song Dynasty). Why try to fix something that isn't broken?

Anyways, the film is due to come out in the states later this September. I wouldn't recommend it even if you haven't read the book.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8/10
Pretty great. Cool reveals and easter eggs.

Her 8/10
Pretty messed up..

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.