Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
15-04-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
I watched Dante's Peak today to use for extra credit in a class... I give it 1/10 because the used DVD I bought didn't skip...the only plus. I may be willing to add an extra point if I do well on the paper.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

Ordained Dudeist Priest at Dudeism, the Church of the Latter-Day Dude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't know why I take so much comfort from the movie Dark Shadows... surely a nostalgia thing.
[Image: Dark-Shadows-new-and-old-cast.jpg]
For the camp value alone... I'd give it a 6.
The soundtrack kind of bumps it up to about 8.
Probably just me, though. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
20-04-2014, 05:05 PM
Watched the Desolation of Smaug yesterday...well, I kind of half watched it.

I was under-impressed. Too many things that didn't make much sense and some long, drawn out parts that could have been shaved down drastically. Not surprising, they had to drag it out to three movies.

This Hobbit is quite a let down. Risking Chas burning my embassy, I did like LOTR and have watched all three many times. But I doubt I will ever rewatch parts one or two of The Hobbit. I'll see the last one just cause I have that much OCD.

3/10

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

21-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Are you hating it because you doing a douche Chas thing where you've read the book and are comparing it to the book? Or you just didn't like it that much?

Watched Paranormal Activity whatever the latest one is.
Hated it, utter crap. Not scary, at all (but that's the whole franchise for you) and the ending made zero sense.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-04-2014, 11:26 AM
(21-04-2014 11:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you hating it because you doing a douche Chas thing where you've read the book and are comparing it to the book? Or you just didn't like it that much?

Watched Paranormal Activity whatever the latest one is.
Hated it, utter crap. Not scary, at all (but that's the whole franchise for you) and the ending made zero sense.

No, I am not hating it because Chas does. I think a much better job was done on LOTR than is being done with The Hobbit. It seemed to be that a lot of the other creatures (like orcs) were CGI instead of real people in costumes...I didn't think it looked as good visually as the LOTR movies.

It didn't do a good job of holding my attention. But I know I could go back and watch LOTR again and enjoy it.

21-04-2014, 11:46 AM
The Raid 2

10/10

Awesome action movie. The first was an 11/10.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
23-04-2014, 12:56 PM
10/10
Divergent was an awesome film and really covered a lot of aspects that are within the book better than most movie-book series' out there.
It was well conceived, directed overwhelmingly impressively, and just was overall a pretty entertaining film in terms of cinema experience, adventure, action, and even love story.
28-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Django Unchained - 7/10

I enjoyed the story on its own, and some of the acting is exceptional. On the other hand -- and I know I say this a lot -- the tone is all over the place, and some of the other acting is hammy (I'm looking at you, Leonardo).

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
28-04-2014, 06:45 PM
Frozen 7/10 - I think I gave it such a low score because I was really expecting a super amazing movie because of all the hype. It was good, not one I'd own.

Out of the Furnace 9/10 - I just love Christian Bale. He really did an amazing job. I fell in love with his character, and even cried for him a few times. For reasons I won't go into due to spoilers, it lost one point for how it ended.

People used to laugh at me when I would say "I want to be a comedian". Well nobody is laughing now!

You can never lose a homing pigeon - if your homing pigeon doesn't come back, what you've lost is a pigeon.
02-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Fuck I can't even remember what it was called now...
I dunno, I watched something. It was alright I suppose.
There was a bit of Orlando Bloom nakedness which bumped it up a few scores.
But it was all based in South Africa which meant South African accents which bumped it down a few scores.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post