Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(18-05-2014 11:52 PM)Dee Wrote:  I watched an oldie:

Lawrence of Arabia

A huge winner!

Awesome movie. Even more incredible historically.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(18-05-2014 04:55 PM)Sam Wrote:  Brazil... I've seen it before and always enjoyed it.

Dark, weird, crazy and quite funny film from Monty Python's very own Terry Gilliam.

Tonight I think I'll watch 'Withnail & I' again...

Hah! I was just going through dystopian movies to watch and decided to go for Brazil as I have never noticed it and came here to read what people are writing and lo and behold; first time I ever see anyone mention Brazil in message boards.

I couldn't have been a coincidence must have been God's work! Praise Jesus!

Anyway, I'm counting on this movie being pretty damn good as it's Gilliams handiwork and Twelve Monkeys is one of my favorite movies.
[+] 1 user Likes Tatuks's post
20-05-2014, 09:17 AM
The Wolf of Wall Street - 6/10 - Long, somewhat boring, idgaf about the characters.

Oldboy (2003) - 8/10 - Definitely worth seeing once, make sure its not the lame remake.

War of the Arrows - 7.5/10 - Really enjoyed this one. Great movie, though i didnt like the main characters face. available until May 22 on Netflix.
20-05-2014, 09:22 AM
"The Thin Man"

Merna Loy was HOT!!!

IMHO......

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes RaisdCath's post
20-05-2014, 12:27 PM
"American Hustle" - I fell asleep.
20-05-2014, 01:33 PM
(20-05-2014 12:27 PM)wazzel Wrote:  "American Hustle" - I fell asleep.

I decided not to watch this as even the trailer looked boring as hell. Heard also from other people that it's just really damn tedious.

Evan with a cast like that I guess you can go wrong.
20-05-2014, 08:30 PM

I loved this! My guess about the ending was wrong, so I was very surprised...love when that happens!!

Since it was a 2 day rental, I decided to watch it a second time, to see if I could catch all the little details (hints), that I missed the first time around. I fell in love with the doctor, so kind and gentle.

No matter what the critics or anyone says, it was a 10/10 for me.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
22-05-2014, 09:07 PM
If Sci-Fi is going to keep playing Piranha, I'll just keep staring at boobies Blush

Doesn't deserve a rating, but just a Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
22-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Wolf of Wall Street 8/10

I like it, but I like almost all off Scorses films, so I'm not surprised. Leo gave an awesome performance as always, and it's based on a true story. What's not to love? Heck, I don't know what else to add. I could live with a little less "f" bombs and nudity, but whatever. Solid flick.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
23-05-2014, 06:06 PM
(20-05-2014 08:30 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  

I loved this! My guess about the ending was wrong, so I was very surprised...love when that happens!!

Since it was a 2 day rental, I decided to watch it a second time, to see if I could catch all the little details (hints), that I missed the first time around. I fell in love with the doctor, so kind and gentle.

No matter what the critics or anyone says, it was a 10/10 for me.

I watched this the other night, I really liked it.