Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
24-05-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
One I saw kind of recently but it's been a couple of months....

Thanks For Sharing
Very good. Addresses addiction - many different addictions but mostly sexual addiction. Very well handled.

Great cast: singer Pink is in it and does quite well, Joely Richardson and Tim Robbins are perfect. It's all topped off by the one beautiful Gwynnies and the other beautiful Mark Ruffalo.
I have to say - there is a scene where the Gwynnies gets pissed off ... she says nothing but her eyes are just laser beams of pure hatred. Confused Kinda freaked me out.

Great attention to a little talked about subject and good character studies all around with only a couple of cliché (though not unnecessary) moments.
For the genre, I'd give it a 9 of 10. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 03:17 PM
The Neighbors (2014)

2/5

It had its moments, but I found the film to be mostly unfunny and extremely awkward in parts. I think they tried too hard to make it a raunchy sex comedy. I guess I would of found it funnier if I belonged to a frat or was a recent parent.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2014, 05:42 AM
Walking with dinosaurs, the movie. Blink Shocking Weeping Gasp Facepalm

"I am an Australian and I have no manners!"
Lt Col Oswald Watt.
Royal Australian Flying Corps.
30-05-2014, 05:20 PM
Watched Enter the Void last night. The first half hour to 45mins is pretty cool. The constant POV camera and trippy visuals are worth checking out. It starts to drag after he dies... Not because the movie continues as his "soul", observing various scenes, but because its another 2+ hours of fucked up sounds and disturbing visuals, minimal direction, and what looks like a shit ton of unsimulated sex scenes with little penises.

5/10

If someone did some decent editing for an hour fourty cut, it might get a 7/10 for its strange vibe and cool visuals.
30-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Watched Prisoners the other night. Some movies I can watch over and over, but this is not one of them - kids being kidnapped, hard to handle. Also some barbaric scenes that I hated. Kinda ends good - ugh, but kinda doesn't.....hard to explain.

I'd give it a 5/10 , simply because of Hugh Jackman Yes

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
31-05-2014, 10:43 PM
Just watched 'Sons of Perdition', a documentary on Netflix.

It's about young men (mostly - really boys) that left the FLDS, people that helped them, those same boys trying to help siblings and mothers escape, and just how bad the indoctrination and near-slavery is in that faith.

Very interesting, sad, and a bit hopeful.

9.5/10

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
01-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Okay, it's documentaries on Netflix night for me.

Just watched 'Red Without Blue" - 9.5/10

Fascinating look at identical twin boys, their parents, and their journeys through the LGBT world.

Gotta give the parents of those boys props.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
01-06-2014, 08:20 AM
(03-02-2011 08:03 PM)jkshrout Wrote:  It's pretty self-explanatory, so I'll start with a movie I saw yesterday:

Being John Malkovich - 3 out of 5
It was good, but not as great as I thought it would be. It could've been better cast, especially Cameron Diaz's role. I also thought that there were way too many point where characters went out-of-character. It was hard to distinguish a likable character as well, and the only one I was cheering for was John Malkovich himself.

Most people either do their films on a scale of 1-10 or assign letter grades. If I had to pick a letter grade for this film, it would be a B-.

"Sink the Bismarck" (black and white)....pretty good movie...for the era in which it was made.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
01-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Movies watched during the 30 hours of transit from Brisbane to Madrid:
- Dhoom 3, 6/10. Fun, misogynistic, long, but not so bad.
- Saving Mr Banks, 8/10. I'm dubious about how true to life the film is but as a film it was very well made, emotive, very good.
- Man of tai chi, 7/10. This is a Hong Kong film that is pretty representative of the genre. Keanu Reeves seems to have been a fair director, however his inclusion as a character in the film is a bit out of place. The story is a bit weak in places but is carried pretty well by the lead actor.
- The hobbit: Desolation of smaug, 8/10. This is a high quality continuation of the hobbit series. It has a few weirdnesses such as barrels rolling down hills, and seems a little stretched out to ensure as third film. I probably wouldn't watch it again. I still find some of the recurring musical themes in the lord of the rings and the hobbit jarring.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
04-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Captain America 2 - The Winter Soldier (2014)

4/5

I liked this one a million times more than the first one. Good action and storyline.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post