Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
10-06-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Godzilla (2014)

2/5

This might as well have been called "Generic War Movie with Monster Fight at the very End." The titular character doesn't show up until the first hour and only for a few seconds. The second glimpse is the next half hour. The battle between Godzilla and the insect-like villain doesn't happen until the last 15 minutes of the film. The director made the mistake of focusing on the human drama. Who the hell cares about human drama when the damn film is named Godzilla?!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Snowpiercer - a terrible premise of the last humans alive living aboard a train where if the train stops they will freeze to death. However it is surprisingly well executed for the most part: 7/10

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
10-06-2014, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 11:09 PM by aurora.)
Non-Stop 8/10

I thought, "Oh, crap, not another airline movie", but I was pleasantly surprised.
Liam Neeson is always good and the premise was interesting.
It kept my attention Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
13-06-2014, 05:56 AM
The Grand Budapest Hotel

8/10. Thoroughly good film, comedy and great cameos throughout.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
13-06-2014, 11:40 AM
Forest Gump

3/10

It was not too bad, I mean I loved the main character.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
16-06-2014, 01:59 PM
300: Rise of an Empire

4/5

Wow, this comes off as 300's younger and smarter step-brother, and it works. I was surprised at how much more I like this than the original. Also Eva Green doesn't just steal this movie, she cuffs it to the bed posts and fucks it's brains out; easily one of the best female characters I've seen in a long time. Also, when was the last time you saw ancient naval combat?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Odd Thomas.

3/5 Good fun for a ghost story. The lead females acting wasnt terribly great however.

It was good enough to make me want to start reading the books. Yay Dean Koontz.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-06-2014, 10:39 AM
The fault in our stars
2/5

All great truths begin as blasphemy - George Bernard Shaw
18-06-2014, 12:30 PM
Edge of Tomorrow Big Grin

I don't even know what number to assign this... Just go see it. Its like a sci-fi groundhog day. It could have been better, sure... But that can be said about anything. I absolutely loved it. Two thumbs up for sure.
18-06-2014, 03:44 PM
(18-06-2014 10:35 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Odd Thomas.

3/5 Good fun for a ghost story. The lead females acting wasnt terribly great however.

It was good enough to make me want to start reading the books. Yay Dean Koontz.

I'm a little nervous about seeing this movie, I read the series. What I saw of the previews makes them look kind of jokey and silly. You saying "fun" makes me even more worried Confused I didn't get that tone from the books at all No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta