Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
18-06-2014, 04:26 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
The hunger games 1&2:

0.5/10

That movie was boring and the characters are cliche. I think kate bishop and peta were one of the worst main characters I have ever seen in a movie. I should have known, the book sucked, what made me think the movie was good.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
18-06-2014, 04:32 PM
(18-06-2014 03:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 10:35 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Odd Thomas.

3/5 Good fun for a ghost story. The lead females acting wasnt terribly great however.

It was good enough to make me want to start reading the books. Yay Dean Koontz.

I'm a little nervous about seeing this movie, I read the series. What I saw of the previews makes them look kind of jokey and silly. You saying "fun" makes me even more worried Confused I didn't get that tone from the books at all No

I suspect, based on some of Koontz style that the movie is probably not as dark. But don't get me wrong. I cried like a baby at this movie (could have been pregnancy hormones though) lol
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-06-2014, 04:40 PM
(18-06-2014 04:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 03:44 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I'm a little nervous about seeing this movie, I read the series. What I saw of the previews makes them look kind of jokey and silly. You saying "fun" makes me even more worried Confused I didn't get that tone from the books at all No

I suspect, based on some of Koontz style that the movie is probably not as dark. But don't get me wrong. I cried like a baby at this movie (could have been pregnancy hormones though) lol

Oooh the last couple of chapters of the first book... I think I full on cried with like uncontrollable sobs for about an hour. Holy crap... Weeping I know that feels. I love when a piece of art can make me react like that, which is why I'm so nervous about the movie. Sounds like the emotion in that part of the story came thru in the movie, I just don't know if I'll end up watching Undecided just to be safe lol

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
20-06-2014, 02:34 PM
(18-06-2014 04:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  The hunger games 1&2:

0.5/10

That movie was boring and the characters are cliche. I think kate bishop and peta were one of the worst main characters I have ever seen in a movie. I should have known, the book sucked, what made me think the movie was good.

Someone seriously watched this? Why?

You do know this is just a ripoff of Battle Royal?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-06-2014, 05:54 PM
(18-06-2014 10:35 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Odd Thomas.

3/5 Good fun for a ghost story. The lead females acting wasnt terribly great however.

It was good enough to make me want to start reading the books. Yay Dean Koontz.

I love D. Koontz too! I've only read the first book, and didn't know they made it into a movie.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
20-06-2014, 08:46 PM
(18-06-2014 04:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-06-2014 04:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I suspect, based on some of Koontz style that the movie is probably not as dark. But don't get me wrong. I cried like a baby at this movie (could have been pregnancy hormones though) lol

Oooh the last couple of chapters of the first book... I think I full on cried with like uncontrollable sobs for about an hour. Holy crap... Weeping I know that feels. I love when a piece of art can make me react like that, which is why I'm so nervous about the movie. Sounds like the emotion in that part of the story came thru in the movie, I just don't know if I'll end up watching Undecided just to be safe lol

I'm glad you said you cried reading this as I did too! There's not many books that'll do that. I've read all the series bar one.
I had no idea they'd made a movie. I don't know whether to watch it or not Consider

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
22-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize - 8/10

Concert film from a British band I'd not heard before. It sounds like what you'd get if you took all the different eras of Pink Floyd and mashed them all into a single band.

Kaïn: On Dormira Demain - 8/10

Another concert film, this time from a Quebecois folk rock group. The audience appears to be 90% female, and no wonder -- these are some good-looking dudes. As it happens, they're also good musicians.

In Search of Dr. Seuss - 9/10

A documentary about the life and times of the iconic children's author, told in the style of his stories. It's one of the most creative docs you'll ever see, with characters in costumes and Seussian set design aplenty.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
24-06-2014, 01:24 PM
My wife and I went to see Blended. What a piece of shit that was. It doesn't even deserve a rating.
29-06-2014, 11:18 AM
When The Last Sword Was Drawn

A splendid samurai movie from 2003.

8/10 (only if you like Japanese movies)

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas - 10/10 - It was fuckin' weird and full of crazy drug induced nightmares, but I loved it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post