Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2014, 05:56 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(14-07-2014 05:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  non stop.

What a fantastic movie. Plus it had what's his face so you know it was gonna be good.

Oh and watched the original Old Boy.

Dat fight scene...

You are saying it like there is anything worth mentioning, except the original Old Boy...

Yes, dat fight scene...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
17-07-2014, 02:00 PM
James Bond - Skyfall

Loved it!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
20-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 8/10

For a talking head doc, it's remarkably good-looking. Even someone with no knowledge of or interest in TMNT would most likely enjoy this rags-to-riches story. Still, it doesn't go too in-depth about the whole phenomenon.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
24-07-2014, 01:01 AM
(17-07-2014 05:56 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(14-07-2014 05:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  non stop.

What a fantastic movie. Plus it had what's his face so you know it was gonna be good.

Oh and watched the original Old Boy.

Dat fight scene...

You are saying it like there is anything worth mentioning, except the original Old Boy...

Yes, dat fight scene...

Smile

Well you know what Americans are like.
FFS they remade Death at a Funeral because it was too "british" or whatever lame excuse they have for remaking that masterpiece.
They're a bunch of ill-educated fucktards who wouldn't know a good movie if it jumped up out of the ground wearing a 15 inch strap-on and fucked them in the ass.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-07-2014, 01:53 AM
I Saw The Devil.

Korean film. Horror. Very intense. Enjoyed it a bunch. It is -very- violent however. So if that's not your thing you probably wouldn't enjoy it.

[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
24-07-2014, 01:58 AM
The last Harry Potter film. Lots of fun but a terrible adaptation. They don't even mention Harry's invisibility cloak.
24-07-2014, 02:28 AM
(24-07-2014 01:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(17-07-2014 05:56 AM)Filox Wrote:  You are saying it like there is anything worth mentioning, except the original Old Boy...

Yes, dat fight scene...

Smile

Well you know what Americans are like.
FFS they remade Death at a Funeral because it was too "british" or whatever lame excuse they have for remaking that masterpiece.
They're a bunch of ill-educated fucktards who wouldn't know a good movie if it jumped up out of the ground wearing a 15 inch strap-on and fucked them in the ass.

I agree the British version was far and away a better film. The American version didn't surprise only because I live here and know how many of them respond to British humor and film in general (poorly). But we're not all this way.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
24-07-2014, 03:48 AM
I just watched Philadelphia again with Tom Hanks, such an excellent film--a 10

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
25-07-2014, 04:24 AM
The Shawshank Redemption. Ageless and definitely one of my favourites. 9/10
[+] 4 users Like kiwihogfiend's post
25-07-2014, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-07-2014 01:01 PM by Cardinal Smurf.)
Two recent rentals:

Lego Movie - 7
It was fun but started to get a little tired toward the end. It seemed to run out of ideas and needed to package everything up neatly at the end. Oh well.

The Grand Budapest Hotel - 7
Wes Anderson's works are still slowly growing on me. My wife loves them and I watch them with her to get closer to her. Listening to her explain what she gets out of them gives me insight into her. I guess that explains why when she doesn't like one of his films as much as the others (as she did in this case) I end up not liking it so much either. That's probably also why we have the same favorite among them: Moonrise Kingdom.

However, we both noted with this film that his cast of very accomplished actors keeps growing with each film. Ralph Fiennes was fantastic. I was particularly taken by his use of color in this film.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post