Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
25-07-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(25-07-2014 04:24 AM)kiwihogfiend Wrote:  The Shawshank Redemption. Ageless and definitely one of my favourites. 9/10

Excellent taste! Thumbsup

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Gravity 3/10

I'm a huge Sandra Bullock fan, but I didn't care for this one at all. In all fairness, I have claustrophobic issues that this movie shifted into overdrive, so others might enjoy it more.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
25-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Abraham Lincoln; Vampire Hunter. 2/5, but definitely not without entertainment value!

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?" --Ellen Ripley
25-07-2014, 11:08 PM
(25-07-2014 11:02 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Gravity 3/10

I'm a huge Sandra Bullock fan, but I didn't care for this one at all. In all fairness, I have claustrophobic issues that this movie shifted into overdrive, so others might enjoy it more.

I don't know if I would have given it as low of a score as you did, but it definitely wasn't as good of a movie as it was hyped up to be.

Plus that movie was not over. I want to know what happened next, there was a good chance it wasn't going to be,pretty No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-07-2014, 11:09 PM
(25-07-2014 12:56 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  The Grand Budapest Hotel - 7
Wes Anderson's works are still slowly growing on me. My wife loves them and I watch them with her to get closer to her. Listening to her explain what she gets out of them gives me insight into her. I guess that explains why when she doesn't like one of his films as much as the others (as she did in this case) I end up not liking it so much either. That's probably also why we have the same favorite among them: Moonrise Kingdom.

However, we both noted with this film that his cast of very accomplished actors keeps growing with each film. Ralph Fiennes was fantastic. I was particularly taken by his use of color in this film.

Yes! I had a legitimate laughing fit at the cliff scene.
"HOLY SHIT YE GOT HIM!"
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-07-2014, 11:12 PM
(25-07-2014 11:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

I don't know if I would have given it as low of a score as you did, but it definitely wasn't as good of a movie as it was hyped up to be.

Plus that movie was not over. I want to know what happened next, there was a good chance it wasn't going to be,pretty No

I agree.
If it wasn't in 3D it would've been below average.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
25-07-2014, 11:16 PM

I enjoyed and appreciated the movie, but I was frequently frustrated with the lacking sense of urgency in multiple scenes, and a few ridiculous recurring things. I'm also not exactly sure how the orbiting debris managed to accurately locate her on every pass, even when she changed her own location in that vast expanse.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-07-2014, 11:50 PM
I just watched the latest version of The Great Gatsby. With DiCrapio.

Sigh...

It's set in the JAZZ AGE, yet no Jazz...

All the symbolism watered down or just removed....

Stupid...

One Heart out of 5.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-07-2014, 12:24 AM
(25-07-2014 11:16 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I enjoyed and appreciated the movie, but I was frequently frustrated with the lacking sense of urgency in multiple scenes, and a few ridiculous recurring things. I'm also not exactly sure how the orbiting debris managed to accurately locate her on every pass, even when she changed her own location in that vast expanse.
The debri was star struck and hence gravitated towards her.
Much like a moth to a flame.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
26-07-2014, 12:25 AM
(25-07-2014 12:56 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  ...
The Grand Budapest Hotel - 7

I watched it on the flight from Brisbane to Melbourne.

Watched it... no sound Unsure

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just yesterday, I saw my first proper 3D movie (I've tried before once but couldn't keep the glasses on).

It was the latest Star Trek movie.

Loved it.

But that could have had as much to do with the intoxicating company with whom I shared the experience.

Wink

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post