Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
18-05-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(18-05-2012 12:58 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 10:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Wanna know what pissed me off about Iron Man? The fact that this guy managed to build the initial suit from scrap metal in the desert. And only after designing the most incredilbe medical breakthrough the world has known. This guy could be a noble prize winner but couldn't seem to build anything until he was stranded in the desert. I call BS on the entire premise that he could have actually lived and built the suit.

And Punisher cemented itself on the bottom rung when he tied Travolta to the car and bombed them in the shape of the Punisher logo. Horrible! All the idiots in the theater started clapping when that happened. I also felt that the interaction between the main character and the people that lived in the apartment building added nothing to the film. It was filler. Which basically made the movie 2 hours of poorly scripted filler followed by the cheesiest ending I've ever seen in a movie. Except for maybe Van Helsing. That was awful too.
Problem with your Iron Man issue... Tony didn't just invent the arc reactor on a whim. He already previously invented a bigger one which even his father worked on. He managed to make a miniature version of it for his heart. As for the suit of armor, he had help. They had everything they needed to build weapons for the terrorists.

The idea of an arc reactor may be preposterous to reality, but the idea of two very intelligent scientists inventing crazy weapons etc. is firmly grounded in reality. The Nazi scientists invented many, many things that still boggle the mind today.

But again, we land on the issue of you not being able to separate yourself from reality when it comes to comic book movies and action movies like Transporter. You say that these movies are "realistic" in style, but what is the alternative? I don't want to see Iron Man in some crazy Sky Captain style. I don't want to see X-Men in the style of Sin City. It just doesn't work.

It is just flat out cool that our favorite comics are coming to life. It's badass that Hollywood made a real-life Iron Man costume. It's sweet that computers can make all of this look realistic.

And when these movies are directed well, that makes it all the more sweeter. I'm sorry, but I go to the movies to escape reality. I don't go there to think, "Man, those metal claws coming out of Hugh Jackman's hands sure is fake".

By the way, Punisher from 2004 blows. Punisher from 2008 was better.
Well I don't believe I have a problem with realism in movies. Just when it doesn't fit the rest of the movie. I can't stand when I am supposed to assume how things happend but it isn't logical. I Am Legend just popped in my head as an example. Specifically the defenses he had around his house. It works because you are aware of the length of time between the outbreak and the present day. Otherwise how would someone have been able to rig his yard and house like he did? If the movie wasn't set up that way and we are told that present day is only 1 month after the epidemic it would ruin the whole movie. Other things that piss me off about movies happen in editing and I blame directors for it. I shouldnt' see a scene with half a plate of food and 5 seconds later the plate is full of food. Clocks on walls, lights down hallways, dents in cars, etc. It bothers the hell out of me when they don't pay attention to stuff like that.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2012, 01:28 PM
(18-05-2012 01:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've seen it. I too was glued through the entire film. It's been a while thought and I can't remember if we figured the truth out.
yeah, it quietly gives an epilogue at the end, sounds like things head in the right direction
18-05-2012, 01:30 PM
(18-05-2012 01:28 PM)Alph4Omega Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 01:08 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I've seen it. I too was glued through the entire film. It's been a while thought and I can't remember if we figured the truth out.
yeah, it quietly gives an epilogue at the end, sounds like things head in the right direction
But I can't remember if he hallucinated or if there really was a 'you know who' in the 'you know what' that got launched back to 'you know where'. Big Grin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
18-05-2012, 02:34 PM
(18-05-2012 01:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(18-05-2012 01:28 PM)Alph4Omega Wrote:  yeah, it quietly gives an epilogue at the end, sounds like things head in the right direction
But I can't remember if he hallucinated or if there really was a 'you know who' in the 'you know what' that got launched back to 'you know where'. Big Grin
Haha, you might just have to watch it again. For a bit there I was thinking the AI was hallucinated or would pull a HAL
20-05-2012, 08:27 PM
CHRONICLE:

Fucking awesome. Greatest of the hand held camera movies to date and possibly the greatest super power flick of all time.

Literally only a couple of scenes I could have done without. Camera work was interesting and never a hassle or annoyance which is something for a handheld style though there is a trick in place for that teehee.
Humor was solid and never excessive. And the dark overtone was well done. Fuckin love this movie.

Negatives would have to be the underplayed black character and the sometimes cheesy typical teenager scenes and the very last scene.... Otherwise supoib!

Two thumbs up because that's alls I gots!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
21-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Agreed, Chronicle is pretty interesting and well made. Also, I loved how the camera was used, I didn't like it at the beginning, but when it starts flying around it gets better.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-05-2012, 02:50 AM
oh its filled from the perspective of a cam held camera?
no wonder I cant bear to watch it, a cam held camera filling a movie done from a cam held camera is unwatchable, just so you'll know.

downloading movies is bad blah blah blah
21-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Ah, yes, I hate those kinds of movies, but this one is different, this one has made that in a new way, specially because the camera is actually held in hand only in the first 15-20 minutes, then it flies around till the end of the movie. Also, they do not use just one camera, it switches to different cameras, like CCTV, TV reporters one and similar. I found this to be rather interesting take on the film making. Make one bad download and see for yourself.

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-05-2012, 06:38 AM
The camera is not shaky and it's put on DVD and blueray.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-05-2012, 07:01 AM
THE INVENTION OF LYING

All religious people should see this film.

It centers around a world where no lies are told.........EVER. It just isnt possible to lie.

This holds it own comedic value until Ricky Gervais actually achieves lying. When he watches his mum dying she is afraid because she realises that she will experience nothingness for ever........ so he trys to comfort her by lying about an afterlife. Obviously other people here this and are like "WOW" so they come from all over the world and camp outside his house to hear more.

Well he goes out and tells them about "the man in the sky"....... serious hilarity ensues when he trys to keep it simple yet people have there own questions lol.

Such a clever film 9/10

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.