Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
(11-08-2014 01:00 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 01:21 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Aw, that's a shame, but I understand. Humor, evermore so than about anything else, can get 'lost in translation'; and even when it's not, it's still very subjective.

I am a huge fan of the Marvel movies, and went into this one expecting a funny space-opera; and I got exactly that. I hope you enjoy your next movie more, as going out for them certainly isn't cheap. Smile

I've asked my coworkers about it. Since they agree with my comparison to The Fifth Element to a degree I think I know to expect.

For the record, I loved The Fifth Element.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
11-08-2014, 01:52 PM
So, I'm totally not a baseball fan, but I rented the movie 42...

Amazing story!

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

I rarely rate anything a 5/5 but this was it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-08-2014, 03:13 PM
(11-08-2014 01:09 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Does anyone here know if there have been any big-budget mythos films based on the Hindu pantheon? They have some wild tales!

I don't know if it was big-budget, but the Hindu epic Mahabharata (the Baghavad Gita is just a small part of the Mahabharata) was done as a 9-hour play which was then shortened into a 6-hour film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mahabha...1989_film)

There has also been a more recent animated version.
11-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Saw guardians of the galaxy saturday night, was actually an awesome movie, well written, tons of quips that were hilarious. If you enjoy the quick humor on the show big bang theory, you will love this movie.

[Image: kbvjwo.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2014, 02:41 PM
(11-08-2014 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Saw guardians of the galaxy saturday night, was actually an awesome movie, well written, tons of quips that were hilarious. If you enjoy the quick humor on the show big bang theory, you will love this movie.

Was just going to post about Guardians of the Galaxy, saw it twice, fun movie. Also catchy tunes: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 Smile

[Image: groot.jpg]

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
[+] 1 user Likes Kemasyn's post
19-08-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 06:14 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(19-08-2014 02:41 PM)Kemasyn Wrote:  
(11-08-2014 03:30 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Saw guardians of the galaxy saturday night, was actually an awesome movie, well written, tons of quips that were hilarious. If you enjoy the quick humor on the show big bang theory, you will love this movie.

Was just going to post about Guardians of the Galaxy, saw it twice, fun movie. Also catchy tunes: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 Smile

[Image: groot.jpg]

Yeah we really enjoyed it, exceptionally well written.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2014, 04:52 PM
(10-08-2014 08:53 AM)HulkFearingMan Wrote:  I'm currently watching Harry and the Hendersons (1987) starring John Lithgow. A great movie from my childhood and a great family movie. I primarily watch it for nostalgia, but I would still recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it or loves campy 80s movies.
Here's an interesting fact about the movie: the character of Harry (the Bigfoot) is played by Kevin Peter Hall. He is best known for his role as the Predator in the 1987 classic action flick starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Carl Weathers.
So check it out and enjoy.

Oh I love Harry too! My son loves the predator and owns all his movies. Can't wait to tell him that is the same guy who played Harry!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
19-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Rate the Last Film You've Seen
Guardians Of The Galaxy: 8/10. Real fun movie with a decent sense of humor. Doesn't quite dethrone Fifth Element for me when it comes to the Silly Space Opera genre but it does manage to be memorable.

All this time people talking about the soundtrack. I had no idea what it was until watching. Nice twist to a SciFi flick.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
19-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Going Thursday evening to Retro Night at the new theater in town. They are showing Dirty Dancing. I already know it's a super cheesy movie but should be fun anyway. My daughter and I are going.

It can only be rated on a nostalgia scale, it sure wasn't art. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-08-2014, 06:12 PM
(19-08-2014 05:33 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Guardians Of The Galaxy: 8/10. Real fun movie with a decent sense of humor. Doesn't quite dethrone Fifth Element for me when it comes to the Silly Space Opera genre but it does manage to be memorable.

All this time people talking about the soundtrack. I had no idea what it was until watching. Nice twist to a SciFi flick.

The opera scene in the Fifth Element is by far one of my favorite scenes in the movie. Epic. Still to this day I'm not sure if there's anything that tops it for me. I'll look it up just to replay that specific part.

[Image: fifth-element-003.jpg?itok=4wCaCziJ]

I tend to ask random questions, sometime stupid ones, but I can almost guarantee I'm smarter for asking than not.
[+] 2 users Like Kemasyn's post